My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tweets are getting in- ing-sane.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...st-foes-427389

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donald Trump mounted an overnight Twitter blitz demanding to jail his political enemies and call out allies he says are failing to arrest his rivals swiftly enough.

Trump twice amplified supporters’ criticisms of Attorney General William Barr, including one featuring a meme calling on him to “arrest somebody!” He wondered aloud why his rivals, like President Barack Obama, Democratic nominee Joe Biden and former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton hadn’t been imprisoned for launching a “coup” against his administration.

“Where are all of the arrests?” Trump said, after several dozen tweets on the subject over the past 24 hours. “Can you imagine if the roles were reversed? Long term sentences would have started two years ago. Shameful!”

By early afternoon, Trump was letting loose his frustrations in an all-caps missive that seemed aimed at nobody in particular.

“DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, THE BIGGEST OF ALL POLITICAL SCANDALS (IN HISTORY)!!! BIDEN, OBAMA AND CROOKED HILLARY LED THIS TREASONOUS PLOT!!! BIDEN SHOULDN’T BE ALLOWED TO RUN - GOT CAUGHT!!!” Trump tweeted.

The day-long run of tweets and retweets marked the most frantic stretch of Trump’s public activity since he left the presidential suite at Walter Reed Medical Center and returned to treatment at the White House. They also underscored the degree to which Trump remains fixated on his grievances over the Russia probe, and often on obscure aspects of that investigation that are unintelligible to all but its most careful followers.

Since late Tuesday, Trump has vowed to declassify all do ents he claims will show improper activity by Obama and his intelligence advisers — before quickly reversing himself and suggesting he had already done so “long ago” — and repeatedly cited Russian intelligence services’ claims that Clinton “stirred up” the Trump-Russia collusion scandal that has dogged his presidency.

The Trump administration has never held a firm position on whether the president’s tweets cons ute direct orders; various tell-all books have described how top officials learned which of his instructions — lawful or otherwise — to ignore and which to accommodate. Courts have at times treated Trump’s tweets at official statements. But on other occasions they’ve been brushed off as political banter that lacks the force of law.

Trump’s Twitter feed tends to be a realtime barometer of his offline moods and whims, however — and themes he hits on repeatedly over 280 characters tend to surface in conversations he holds in private.

A Justice Department spokeswoman did not respond to a request for comment about whether Trump had ever directly asked Barr to order the arrest of his rivals or if his tweet suggesting as much had veered into territory that Barr once said made his job “impossible.”

In past interviews, Barr has signaled that he has no intention of prosecuting senior Obama administration officials, though he has cast doubt on the motives behind the Russia probe and launched an investigation into its origins.

The review Barr ordered has disappointed Trump in recent weeks as the U.S. attorney tapped to lead it, John Durham, has signaled he might not pursue the kinds of high-profile prosecutions the president and his allies are demanding. Durham’s deputy in the review, veteran Justice Department prosecutor Nora Dennehy, recently quit the faltering effort and returned to the private sector.

“NOW THAT THE RADICAL LEFT DEMOCRATS GOT COUGHT [sic] COLD IN THE (NON) FRIENDLY TRANSFER OF GOVERNMENT, IN FACT, THEY SPIED ON MY CAMPAIGN AND WENT FOR A COUP, WE ARE EN LED TO ASK THE VOTERS FOR FOUR MORE YEARS,” Trump declared late Wednesday morning. “PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU VOTE!”

Trump’s tweet barrage was particularly jarring when set against the political backdrop. Biden has widened his lead over Trump in recent polls, as the president’s support has eroded among women, seniors and other voting blocs that helps him scratch out a victory in 2016. Trump flummoxed his allies Tuesday by summarily shutting down — also via Twitter — negotiations over a coronavirus stimulus bill, only to backtrack hours later by calling on Congress to pass more targeted measures.

But Trump has made clear that he remains focused on punishing perceived enemies regardless of the political cost. While recovering at Walter Reed Monday morning, his chief of staff Mark Meadows told Fox News that Trump had kept busy that morning in part by directing the declassification of do ents related to the Russia probe — a set of files he claimed were conclusive proof that Clinton had concocted the notion that his campaign team had ties to Russia even though the Senate Intelligence Committee and the special counsel’s team had rejected the allegations as unverified.

In releasing them, Trump’s own hand-picked intel chief, John Ratcliffe, acknowledged the do ents, sourced to Russian intelligence, might have been “exaggerated” or even “fabricated” to deflect from their culpability in the election interference effort.

---------------------------

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He "thinks" this will win him votes outside of rabid fringe cult base

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dexamethasone is a of a drug!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows he lost 2020 tbqh

He said on the phone to fox today thats its very difficult to win for repugs because of Californa, New York and some other .

Hes done

Hes probably looking forward to his days back as a civilian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hes probably looking forward to his days back as a civilian
    No, he's clearly not given how panicked he seems. All these calls for arresting people make me think he's afraid he himself is going to get indicted once he becomes a civilian.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think with justification, Nancy, normally a do-nothing chair warmer, is talking about hitting Trash with the 25th Amendment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well he's not lying... the coup has been on since january 21, 2017 and some say before. hang them all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump continues trying to use his AG as his personal attack dog on political rivals, nothing new here. just actual fascism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump continues trying to use his AG as his personal attack dog on political rivals, nothing new here. just actual fascism.
    Is using the justice system and intelligence services against political rivals a bad thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is using the justice system and intelligence services against political rivals a bad thing?
    the lawyer has no answer for that. he loves to lick the boots of the real fascists who are known as dems, the left, progressives, et al.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    trumps lawyers argued in court that the sitting president has the authority to investigate whoever they want however they see fit. fat cant have it both ways. cry harder you fat piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ask Nixon.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on the cir stance.

Is there credible reason to believe that people in your political rival's campaign may be coordinating with hostile foreign governments? Are you keeping it under wraps during election season so you don't unduly influence the election with an investigation that may not reveal criminal activity? Was the investigation recommended to you by your intelligence agencies? Then no, it's not a bad thing.

Are you mad that your political opponent investigated your campaign and put people in prison for coordinating with hostile foreign governments, and are you pushing intelligence agencies to investigate them while trying to hype up a scandal during election season to give yourself an edge in the election? Then yes, that's fascism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think political rivals should be immune from the justice system... but they shouldnt be steered in that direction at the behest of the president. the DOJ is not meant to be that attack dog of the president for his political convenience

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trumps lawyers argued in court that the sitting president has the authority to investigate whoever they want however they see fit. fat cant have it both ways. cry harder you fat piece of
    Obama investigated Trump's campaign so it seems like the fire was started already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is there credible reason to believe that people in your political rival's campaign may be coordinating with hostile foreign governments? Are you keeping it under wraps during election season so you don't unduly influence the election with an investigation that may not reveal criminal activity? Was the investigation recommended to you by your intelligence agencies? Then no, it's not a bad thing.

Are you mad that your political opponent investigated your campaign and put people in prison for coordinating with hostile foreign governments, and are you pushing intelligence agencies to investigate them while trying to hype up a scandal during election season to give yourself an edge in the election? Then yes, that's fascism.
    In other words, is your name Donald Trump? If so, ad hoc reasoning will be applied in copious amounts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words, is your name Donald Trump? If so, ad hoc reasoning will be applied in copious amounts.
    Is your name Donald Trump? Ad hoc semen shielding to be applied in copious amounts by conservatives who don't want to address logic above a 4th grade literacy level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump livestreams himself taking a on the White House lawn.

DMC: "Obama took s too!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump livestreams himself taking a on the White House lawn.

DMC: "Obama took s too!"
    I read that 1st as "shoot s" and I was like "wtf... I missed something today"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama investigated Trump's campaign so it seems like the fire was started already.
    "investigated"

This is the first time in modern history a sitting president has publicly called for the arrest of his rivals for "crimes". You dumb .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Is attempting to stage an actual coup a bad thing?

Thread Information