Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not going to be your paralegal just because you're lacking understanding.
    Criminal and civil case law aren't intuitive, they're rules particular to to the states. General principles and freestyle reasoning don't yield reliable legal insight.

If you're going to talk about negligence in this particular case, you need to cite the relevant parts of Colorado law and show how the current case fits.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criminal and civil case law aren't intuitive, they're rules particular to to the states. General principles and freestyle reasoning don't yield reliable legal insight.

If you're going to talk about negligence in this particular case, you need to cite the relevant parts of Colorado law and show how the current case fits.
    Negligence is a common law concept that is broadly applicable across all the states, blakehole.

See, Chumpettes who haven't taken law classes like to laugh that I say I've taken them.

Yet, they lack understanding of these fundamental concepts because they haven't taken said classes.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's something. But I wouldn't say it replaces the value of classes. You're denying fundamental legal concepts right and left.
    What classes did you take?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What classes did you take?
    Vetting good now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, to anyone claiming this wasn't self defense, go up to a police officer, slap him in the face, and then mace him as you're walking away. Let me know how it turns out for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp folds again

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, to anyone claiming this wasn't self defense, go up to a police officer, slap him in the face, and then mace him as you're walking away. Let me know how it turns out for you.
    If you have proof that the deceased struck first I'd love to see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Negligence is a common law concept that is broadly applicable across all the states, blakehole.
    State laws are rules written in the English language. The wording of identically styled crimes will vary from place to place.

The applicability of common law concepts is determined by the cases and the law in the particular states; it can't be deduced from general principles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying the guard struck first, derp?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pictures are literally right there. why would a security officer strike first?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State laws are rules written in the English language. The wording of identically styled crimes will vary from place to place. The application of laws in each state is based on how those aws are worded.

The applicability of common law concepts is determined by the cases and the law in the particular states; it can't be deduced from general principles.
    BUT MUH CLASS HAS A BROAD CONCEPT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. 3/4 agree it was a bullet well spent. Take the L and move on derp.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pictures are literally right there. why would a security officer strike first?
    Pictures? K

So you haven't seen a video to confirm it with your own eyes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pictures? K

derp folds

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would a security officer strike first?
    A hostile actor and/or combatant and/or a person with a criminal history very well might do.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    When Zimmerman killed Martin with no witnesses, he said Martin struck him first and conservatives took his word for it notwithstanding the fact he drove up to Martin when Martin was minding his own business. Not sure why this shooter shouldn't get the same benefit of the doubt from conservative America that Zimmerman got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A hostile actor and/or combatant and/or a person with a criminal history very well might do.
    You have proved none of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hostile actor.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You have proved none of this.
    THIS ISN'T A COURTROOM!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pictures? K

Pretty clear cut to me, self defense. Also, apparently it was all captured by a city surveillance camera so we should find out soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Zimmerman killed Martin with no witnesses, he said Martin struck him first and conservatives took his word for it notwithstanding the fact he drove up to Martin when Martin was minding his own business. Not sure why this shooter shouldn't get the same benefit of the doubt from conservative America that Zimmerman got.
    I think it's stupid to attack an armed man with mace. It's stupid to be carrying the in the 1st place, dude was looking to start . He got what he deserved.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what the stand your ground law(s) is in Colorado.
    But if it requires a serious threat on one's life, I have my doubts that mace is going to rise to that standard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's stupid to attack an armed man with mace. It's stupid to be carrying the in the 1st place, dude was looking to start . He got what he deserved.
    Agree

Same goes wity zimmerm a n and the nerd that shot up protesters in some city

glad we agree, nancy

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just sad.

We dont fkn need anymore of this.
    Just get a damn venue and slug it out with each other if you must, with a ref.
    Find a damn gym or something. People that get all huffy with guns and mace and just need to be physically worn down and go on to live to think about it. Just humiliate them into submission so they have time to think about not getting in conflicts. Shake hands a leave with the tail down.

I swear we need to find more physical outlets for all these wannabe bad guys sitting on their ass getting fat or thinking bad thoughts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty clear cut to me, self defense. Also, apparently it was all captured by a city surveillance camera so we should find out soon enough.
    The progression of at Getty photos from that excellent photographer pretty much shows what happened.

Thread Information