Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    SMH Dat denial.

Especially since TG is perhaps the tiest candidate that Democrats have on the block.
    no, that’d be Any McGrath. Hickenlooper is in a blue state so it won’t matter but he’s run a campaign so far. If we’re counting in bents Gary Peters takes the cake though as far as worst candidate.

Greenfield has run a great campaign. She had the best debate moment so far this election cycle and has gone from long shot to slight favorite since she won her primary.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did Ohio shift and not Florida?

Even using your filter, I should think Florida would be toss-up at least now.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, that’d be Any McGrath.
    What's so bad about AM besides the fact that she's a ridiculous opponent for that state?
    Put her in a blue state, she seems like she might fit in.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hickenlooper is in a blue state so it won’t matter but he’s run a campaign so far. If we’re counting in bents Gary Peters takes the cake though as far as worst candidate.

Greenfield has run a great campaign. She had the best debate moment so far this election cycle and has gone from long shot to slight favorite since she won her primary.
    Yea, you could legit say they're worse. All the same, Greenfield is an anemic candidate. Reck talking about her swelling up excitement is ridiculous.

You talking about this moment?

I haven't heard of her having any great moments, tbh. But I don't watch MSDNC often.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Trump won Iowa by 10 last time. What are you basing this huge reversal on?
    He won Iowa in 2016, then Democrats won 3 of Iowa’s 4 house seats in 2018 and the governor race was a razor thin margin. Prior to 2016 Obama won Iowa comfortable margins both times, Gore also won it in 2000. It’s not the ruby red state it looked like in 2016. One of the reasons Ernst is in trouble is because she took the political landscape in Iowa for granted and thought she could get away with being a Koch Brothers pros ute who ignores her home state. Iowa isn’t red enough for that.

Farm bankruptcies in Iowa are also through the roof since Trump implemented tariffs, the reddest part of Iowa is getting slammed with a COVID outbreak right now, and the federal derecho response has been abysmal. The only thing Trump has given Iowans is farm subsidies to make up for the tariffs, but most farmers would rather own a self sustaining farm that pays for itself rather than rely on subsidies that could be cut off at any moment.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yea, you could legit say they're worse. All the same, Greenfield is an anemic candidate. Reck talking about her swelling up excitement is ridiculous.

You talking about this moment?

I haven't heard of her having any great moments, tbh. But I don't watch MSDNC often.
    Nope, it's the moment where Greenfield knew the price of corn off the top of her head and then Ernst pretended her mic wasn't working after she couldn't say what the price of soybeans were.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SMH Dat denial.

Especially since TG is perhaps the tiest candidate that Democrats have on the block.
    You're just so out of tune it's actually hard to have a normal conversation with you. Greenfield is probably the second best candidate this cycle. First being Harrison.

Keep earning that name, derp.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Silly. Those gotcha questions that the moderator gives heads up on aren't going to sway Iowans.
    Moderator had to make sure he kept that tag team going.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "You grew up on a farm; you should know this."

What a condescending . And then he had to check his card as he relayed the answer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp not coping so well about the fact Trump is an atrocious president that is losing badly.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp not coping so well about the fact Trump is an atrocious president that is losing badly.
    He was "losing badly" in 2016.
    Some of us learn lessons.
    Some of us don't.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silly. Those gotcha questions that the moderator gives heads up on aren't going to sway Iowans.
    how is that a gotcha question

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was "losing badly" in 2016.
    Some of us learn lessons.
    Some of us don't.
    Trump supporters forever stuck in 2016.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is that a gotcha question
    It's a s game, dude.
    TG's campaign needed a boost; so that weed surely told her through an intermediary to be up to date on commodity prices.
    Dude's a Chumpette. He thinks he's doing his part to make the Senate blue is all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you are really ing stupid.

Any person who works in agriculture, whose livelihood depends on prices of commodities knows what the current prices are.

plus, harvest season is right around the corner, you mongoloid. Prices are all that matter to farmers, at this point. Especially since the derecheco (sp) wiped out a significant portion of crops across central Iowa.

my 92 year old uncle whose farmed his entire life can tell you what corn and bean prices are every day. It’s what they do.

you’re really ing stupid

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump supporters forever stuck in 2016.
    Not at all. 2020 Trump is dominating. Steamrolling Joe and morally bankrupt Democrats.
    Exposing all the censorship, the violence, the shameless manipulations.
    Having prosperity to show for a great term.
    We're enjoying every minute while you dread election night b/c your ticket is such sh**.
    And you know that the tired submission polls no longer work. That has you depressed.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you are really ing stupid.

Any person who works in agriculture, whose livelihood depends on prices of commodities knows what the current prices are.

plus, harvest season is right around the corner, you mongoloid. Prices are all that matter to farmers, at this point. Especially since the derecheco (sp) wiped out a significant portion of crops across central Iowa.

my 92 year old uncle whose farmed his entire life can tell you what corn and bean prices are every day. It’s what they do.

you’re really ing stupid
    It was a ploy. Even the guy who covers Iowa news for a living and knew the question ahead of time still had to look at his card.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won Iowa in 2016, then Democrats won 3 of Iowa’s 4 house seats in 2018 and the governor race was a razor thin margin. Prior to 2016 Obama won Iowa comfortable margins both times, Gore also won it in 2000. It’s not the ruby red state it looked like in 2016. One of the reasons Ernst is in trouble is because she took the political landscape in Iowa for granted and thought she could get away with being a Koch Brothers pros ute who ignores her home state. Iowa isn’t red enough for that.

Farm bankruptcies in Iowa are also through the roof since Trump implemented tariffs, the reddest part of Iowa is getting slammed with a COVID outbreak right now, and the federal derecho response has been abysmal. The only thing Trump has given Iowans is farm subsidies to make up for the tariffs, but most farmers would rather own a self sustaining farm that pays for itself rather than rely on subsidies that could be cut off at any moment.
    My wife's family is from Iowa and they're all a buncha white ass country people and they all despise Donald Trump he's going to lose Iowa tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all. 2020 Trump is dominating. Steamrolling Joe and morally bankrupt Democrats.
    Exposing all the censorship, the violence, the shameless manipulations.
    Having prosperity to show for a great term.
    We're enjoying every minute while you dread election night b/c your ticket is such sh**.
    And you know that the tired submission polls no longer work. That has you depressed.
    Did you check in with Krystal Ball and Sahir?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a ploy. Even the guy who covers Iowa news for a living and knew the question ahead of time still had to look at his card.
    I’ll go slower for you, since you’re really really stupid.

people whose livelihoods are derived from agriculture know what the prices of commodities are, every day.

a senator, representing a state whose main sources of industry are mostly agriculture related, who cares at all about representing her cons uents, knows those prices too.

her ing up a softball question, like the price of corn that day, when it should be a part of their staff’s daily routines to check those prices at market closing every day, to stay abreast of what’s effecting her state

Also, she was a ing farmer before she was bought by the Koch’s. Her ing family still farms.

you’re really ing stupid

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My wife's family is from Iowa and they're all a buncha white ass country people and they all despise Donald Trump he's going to lose Iowa tbh

i don’t know if I would go that far to guarantee he’s going to lose Iowa, god and racism are still big selling points to rural voters.

But he’s not going to win the state very easily. Especially with the metro areas voting in large numbers.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you check in with Krystal Ball and Sahir?
    They're not calling Trump at this point.

We'll see when the polls move towards Trump as the establishment tries to save some face.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

people whose livelihoods are derived from agriculture know what the prices of commodities are, every day.

a senator, representing a state whose main sources of industry are mostly agriculture related, who cares at all about representing her cons uents, knows those prices too.

her ing up a softball question, like the price of corn that day, when it should be a part of their staff’s daily routines to check those prices at market closing every day, to stay abreast of what’s effecting her state

Also, she was a ing farmer before she was bought by the Koch’s. Her ing family still farms.

you’re really ing stupid
    Greenfield doesn't even work in farming, she's a real estate investor, but she checks the price of commodities every day since it comes with the territory of being a senator in Iowa.

As you just said - Ernst thought Iowa functioned the same way Nebraska or Kansas does where it has enough braindead GOP voters who don't care if you ignore them and sell out to Charles Koch. It's definitely a red leaning state, but it has enough college educated voters and non-evangelicals who will actually give a about what your record is. Chuck Grassley hasn't always been a piece of the way he is now, he had to earn Iowa's trust first before getting a rubber stamp every 6 years.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you’re really ing stupid
    It's not a great look. But her opponent has serious corruption baggage. Voting for a corrupt person just because she knows the price of beans on a given day is not what you think it is. You think Iowans are just yokels whose lives hinge on that. Reality check: Senators don't spend their time on Capitol Hill discussing corn prices. The lobbies will write anything for whatever pork as well anyways.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greenfield doesn't even work in farming, she's a real estate investor, but she checks the price of commodities every day since it comes with the territory of being a senator in Iowa.
    It comes with the territory of knowing a gotcha question in advance. That's all.

Reality check: Senators don't spend their time on Capitol Hill discussing corn prices. The lobbies will write anything for whatever pork as well anyways.

Thread Information