My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you think will have a better showing over the next three years: LeBron, who's 35 but seemingly in perfect health, or Kawhi, who's 29 and likely has degenerative tendinopathy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would also throw in the Warriors in this equation. They could be a spoiler for both Lebron and Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron has the super-talented AD, KL has the super soft George so it is all in LeRoids (and the benefit of the stealth science he seemingly dopes with) favor right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how quickly the perceptions can change. Last year, Lebron suffered his first major injury, the Lakers missed the playoffs, and Kawhi was a playoff hero, leading Toronto to their first le. The narrative for many was that LeBron was finally showing signs of ageing, and that Kawhi was now the best all around player for a team that wanted to win a championship... fast forward a year and a half, and Kawhi folds on the big stage, putting up mediocre numbers in a game 7 of the conference semi-finals, and looks to be permanently in need of load management while LeBron leads the league in assists for the first time, and is finals MVP for a 4th time while posting a brutally efficient near triple double for the series.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-12-2020 at 12:30 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably Kawhi because he'll sit out half the games of a season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still pretending this is a discussion. A practically 40 (mileage) year old James just ran through the playoffs (granted, he had Davis and avoided the Clippers/Bucks, but still) with a flawed, undertalented roster.

S bag couldn't dream of doing that on his best day. To even conjure the thought, he'd probably have to load manage half a season.

The closest thing to a James contemperary at the moment, is Davis, who until he got injured mid Finals was the best player in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do you think will have a better showing over the next three years: LeBron, who's 35 but seemingly in perfect health, or Kawhi, who's 29 and likely has degenerative tendinopathy?
    can't stand either but i'll go with lebron. kawhi is no leader and lebron proves time and time again, even at 35?, that his body is durable unlike the glassman.

them both though!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    But to answer the OP, pending health, Bron even though he 6 years older. I think Jared Dudley put it best on the Bill Simmons pod. If a team wants to play small ball, the Lakers got the best small ball Center (AD) and PF (Bron) in the league. We saw it vs Houston - who didn't play anyone over 6'9" or Miami in the Finals who's center is 6'8" tall. And not even Dame and the tlongs could match the size/athleticism when the Lakers go big as we saw in the 1st round.

That's where the transition starts for Bron. He'll be your non-traditional PF who handles the ball. His handle is still good enough to get his shot up over any bigs yet he's strong enough to play bully ball in cross matches when they purposely seek out players like Lemon Pepper Lou who can't defend

Lastly, he can slowly fade to black, conceding power/control/leadership of the team to AD the same way Kareem did with Magic in 1984.

There will be an inevitable dropoff in Bron's play as he ages. But I foresee ringless veterans coming to LA to play with him and AD. Shooters, 3&D players, defenders, etc., will come to LA on lesser deals looking for a chance to compete for a ring. So Bron's dropoff won't matter that much.

For Kiwi, this may very well be his last year with the Clippers. Denver exposed him and his squad. Trez (Klutch client) is basically gone. Lemon Pepper Lou is almost 34 and a defensive turnstile and almost unplayable in crunch time unless he hitting 3s.

The stench of blowing a 3-1 lead will linger. I've said time and time again on this board, the 2020 Clippers are the 2000 Portland Trail Blazers. A bunch of talented knuckleheads. When the Blazers blew that 15 point game 7 4th quarter lead to Shaq and Kobe, they were never heard from again. The Queens supplanted them as the Lakers rivalry. I am betting the same happens to these Clippers.

No assets until 2027, gonna lose at least 18ppg off the bench (Trez). Still no answers for AD and Bron. Where do they go from here? What does that mean for Kiwi's legacy?

We know the Lakers are gonna reload with a free agent or two to fill holes. And Dudz told Bill Simmons Jeannie is gonna go over the cap to re-sign AD after filling holes in an already championship roster. Unlike her brother, she's going all in to maximize the remainder of Bron's career. Clippers tried to do that but mortgaged their long-term and present future on Pandemic P. No 1st round picks until 2027? Then Doc bailed on them

So in the next 3 years, I like Bron's chances than Kiwi'sPERIOD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows?

Maybe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Clipper Nation made a video right after the Clipps choked a 3-1 lead:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Laker Phans should stock up on eyeshadow and glitter for another Disney Playoffs production.

Kwas quad looks on the decline and Playoff Pee was a turrible choice of a running mate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KL has soft choking George and LBJ has the much more talented AD to support. Give me LAL duo even though despise them (and KL).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be that kid in Dallas’s league starting in 21 if KP stays healthy and a couple role players come in.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    This might be that kid in Dallas’s league starting in 21 if KP stays healthy and a couple role players come in.
    it will definitely be lukas before its ever kawhis

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    But to answer the OP, pending health, Bron even though he 6 years older. I think Jared Dudley put it best on the Bill Simmons pod. If a team wants to play small ball, the Lakers got the best small ball Center (AD) and PF (Bron) in the league. We saw it vs Houston - who didn't play anyone over 6'9" or Miami in the Finals who's center is 6'8" tall. And not even Dame and the tlongs could match the size/athleticism when the Lakers go big as we saw in the 1st round.

That's where the transition starts for Bron. He'll be your non-traditional PF who handles the ball. His handle is still good enough to get his shot up over any bigs yet he's strong enough to play bully ball in cross matches when they purposely seek out players like Lemon Pepper Lou who can't defend

Lastly, he can slowly fade to black, conceding power/control/leadership of the team to AD the same way Kareem did with Magic in 1984.

There will be an inevitable dropoff in Bron's play as he ages. But I foresee ringless veterans coming to LA to play with him and AD. Shooters, 3&D players, defenders, etc., will come to LA on lesser deals looking for a chance to compete for a ring. So Bron's dropoff won't matter that much.

For Kiwi, this may very well be his last year with the Clippers. Denver exposed him and his squad. Trez (Klutch client) is basically gone. Lemon Pepper Lou is almost 34 and a defensive turnstile and almost unplayable in crunch time unless he hitting 3s.

The stench of blowing a 3-1 lead will linger. I've said time and time again on this board, the 2020 Clippers are the 2000 Portland Trail Blazers. A bunch of talented knuckleheads. When the Blazers blew that 15 point game 7 4th quarter lead to Shaq and Kobe, they were never heard from again. The Queens supplanted them as the Lakers rivalry. I am betting the same happens to these Clippers.

No assets until 2027, gonna lose at least 18ppg off the bench (Trez). Still no answers for AD and Bron. Where do they go from here? What does that mean for Kiwi's legacy?

We know the Lakers are gonna reload with a free agent or two to fill holes. And Dudz told Bill Simmons Jeannie is gonna go over the cap to re-sign AD after filling holes in an already championship roster. Unlike her brother, she's going all in to maximize the remainder of Bron's career. Clippers tried to do that but mortgaged their long-term and present future on Pandemic P. No 1st round picks until 2027? Then Doc bailed on them

You might want to get a fact checker before you publish your next novel

-Cripples will have 1st rd pick during even years, it’s just that OKC has the right to swap
    -Blazers core was together for a couple of seasons (similar to “Lob City”) while the Cripples core basically played the fewest games of any “contender” in NBA history
    -‘00 Lakers were a Brian Shaw (not Shaq/Kirby) miracle game away from blowing a 3-1 lead (didn’t hurt L*kers refs made their presence felt in the 4th quarter)
    -LeBrat couldn’t do shyt against Kiwi/George, so there is your answer to the “GOAT”
    -Davis didn’t dominate in any of their matchups including against Harrell & was living off food-stamps (Zubac is only going to get better)
    -Montrez is pretty overrated, Kanter can give you the same production while actually rebounding & hitting FTs.

The Cripples approach should be addition by subtraction & get rid of Lou/Montrez. IMO, George Hill for Lou makes sense for both teams since the Bucks need a chucker & Cripples need a game manager who can knock down shots + defend. Probably replace Montrez with someone like Favors/Tristan/Nerlens & let Morris chuck on the second unit along with Shamet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

????

Blazers were super injured to both their stars. Not sure what kind of revisionist blunt you’re smoking but I need a hit of that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The George effect is in play - overhyped loser bringing down a franchise and KL with him

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of the road for Bubble Boy Fakers unless they sign Giannis, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    End of the road for Bubble Boy Fakers unless they sign Giannis, tbh.
    Can I quote you on that?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can I quote you on that?
    Sure. WWE is about the bottom line.

LeCoward lost them money.

Thread Information