Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wants to go to the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep cool mate, you’re getting all the credit for the thread, and they also believe you’re smart enough to speak Italian, that’s unexpected...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, but I'd love if you take you, you are no true Spurs fan anyways we all know you are a paid troll.
    Weird comment. In your eyes a true Spurs fan has to like and support every Spurs member. In mine, if there’s a weak link then I want them gone. Team over person. Bryn Forbes is the worst starter in the entire league, it’s arguable he’s the worst defensive player in the entire league as well. He is half responsible for us sucking. The other half is the person who plays him and starts him. If you are shown data that a player is the biggest net negative on your team and you continue to start him then guess what, you aren’t a very good coach.

Pop of the past I loved. Chewing out Tony and benching him for Claxton. Getting rid of Rodman after the he pulled in 95. Getting rid of JJ after he got fat and lazy. Pop was a no nonsense type of coach. Now he’s just here for fun which is fine for him but not for the Spurs. Besides KJ, who Pop only played in 8 games btw, ALL of our youth looked like this year and that comes down to coaching.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should probably just finish up in Euro leagues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird comment. In your eyes a true Spurs fan has to like and support every Spurs member. In mine, if there’s a weak link then I want them gone. Team over person. Bryn Forbes is the worst starter in the entire league, it’s arguable he’s the worst defensive player in the entire league as well. He is half responsible for us sucking. The other half is the person who plays him and starts him. If you are shown data that a player is the biggest net negative on your team and you continue to start him then guess what, you aren’t a very good coach.

Pop of the past I loved. Chewing out Tony and benching him for Claxton. Getting rid of Rodman after the he pulled in 95. Getting rid of JJ after he got fat and lazy. Pop was a no nonsense type of coach. Now he’s just here for fun which is fine for him but not for the Spurs. Besides KJ, who Pop only played in 8 games btw, ALL of our youth looked like this year and that comes down to coaching.
    If anything you love the Spurs if you're hoping they don't shackle themselves even more to Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he’s a NBA player. I would be surprised if any team picked him up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Past
    His
    Prime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he’s a NBA player. I would be surprised if any team picked him up
    Marc Jackson was talking about him when he mentioned Philly on air a week or so ago and said they really missed Belinelli this year (as if they had him last year). Seems as though most people in high places don't know what the they're doing. , Philly almost hired D'Antoni as if that makes sense in any universe.

Point is, there will be at least one sucker in a high place who thinks Belinelli is still valuable. There always is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Jackson was talking about him when he mentioned Philly on air a week or so ago and said they really missed Belinelli this year (as if they had him last year). Seems as though most people in high places don't know what the they're doing. , Philly almost hired D'Antoni as if that makes sense in any universe.

Point is, there will be at least one sucker in a high place who thinks Belinelli is still valuable. There always is.
    He would be perfect on the Lakers. Another person for Lebron to kick out to instead of taking the game winner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he get's 2/28. In China. If Jimmer can make it there Bryn certainly can as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First good news of the offseason.

Will always appreciate what Marco did the first time around with the Spurs, but that magic is gone. De offers nothing to the team now.

Let the young guns play and develop, and he can go sow his wild oats elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh Boohoo, every reasonable fan who reads your posts knows you have an agenda. Speaking of coaching, there is a long list of players that had career highs under Pop, from DeMar to LaMarcus to Rudy Gay. And you hate him for no apparent reason. You can criticize yes, but what you do is pure hate. Now go get a life man and stop being a troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh Boohoo, every reasonable fan who reads your posts knows you have an agenda. Speaking of coaching, there is a long list of players that had career highs under Pop, from DeMar to LaMarcus to Rudy Gay. And you hate him for no apparent reason. You can criticize yes, but what you do is pure hate. Now go get a life man and stop being a troll.
    Career high of what? Points? Assists? Rebounds? Lol I’m the troll but you just make up bc none of those players best years were under Pop. Yeah I have an agenda. I’m so anti-Spur bc I want Bryn Forbes off the team. Bc I want Pop to stop starting the worst player in the nba. Bc I want an actual play drawn up for Lonnie Walker. Bc I want to start Derrick White. you can’t even discount one of my basketball takes this year. I’ve been spot ing on jack. I said he would start Forbes over White. I said White would take a step back bc Pop has no role for him. I said DJ would take a step back instead of forward. I said that we would miss the playoffs and I said Pop would choose to play Marco over Lonnie. All of that happened yet I’m the troll

I mean this year there were 2 positive things that happened. That’s it. LMA is now a true stretch 4 and KJ (at the very end of the year) looks legit. But everything else was a show

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Career high of what? Points? Assists? Rebounds?

He's talking about guys like Jax who stayed high for their whole careers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Career high of what? Points? Assists? Rebounds? Lol I’m the troll but you just make up bc none of those players best years were under Pop. Yeah I have an agenda. I’m so anti-Spur bc I want Bryn Forbes off the team. Bc I want Pop to stop starting the worst player in the nba. Bc I want an actual play drawn up for Lonnie Walker. Bc I want to start Derrick White. you can’t even discount one of my basketball takes this year. I’ve been spot ing on jack. I said he would start Forbes over White. I said White would take a step back bc Pop has no role for him. I said DJ would take a step back instead of forward. I said that we would miss the playoffs and I said Pop would choose to play Marco over Lonnie. All of that happened yet I’m the troll

I mean this year there were 2 positive things that happened. That’s it. LMA is now a true stretch 4 and KJ (at the very end of the year) looks legit. But everything else was a show
    I think most knew what you meant, but LaMarcus can't play power forward with his age & lack of athleticism.

Him finding a three-point stroke was huge & hopefully helps his trade value if/when the team finally moves him.

Pop's coaching was piss - poor (until the bubble), the young guys didn't progress (partly do to role/coaching decisions) & it was an utter disappointment of a season.

Jettisoning Belinelli, Forbes (please, go), and possibly one more of Gay/Mills/Aldridge/DeRozan would finally set this team on a track to develop.

I hope Eubanks, Weatherspoon & especially Johnson can build off of the run in the bubble. He's a little more "undersized," but has a lot of the character traits of Jimmy Butler & the same wingspan (6'8"). If he can be a poor man's Butler with better three-point shooting, I'll take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most knew what you meant, but LaMarcus can't play power forward with his age & lack of athleticism.

Him finding a three-point stroke was huge & hopefully helps his trade value if/when the team finally moves him.

Pop's coaching was piss - poor (until the bubble), the young guys didn't progress (partly do to role/coaching decisions) & it was an utter disappointment of a season.

Jettisoning Belinelli, Forbes (please, go), and possibly one more of Gay/Mills/Aldridge/DeRozan would finally set this team on a track to develop.

I hope Eubanks, Weatherspoon & especially Johnson can build off of the run in the bubble. He's a little more "undersized," but has a lot of the character traits of Jimmy Butler & the same wingspan (6'8"). If he can be a poor man's Butler with better three-point shooting, I'll take it.
    LMA gets very sensitive if you call him a stretch 5

And yeah that is my hope as well. Get rid of the vets in Marco, Bryn (he plays like an old useless vet), and Rudy. I wouldn't mind keeping Demar and LMA. But give the youngings actual roles. Call plays for them. Pair them together so we actually know if they fit in our team concept or not. We still don't know if White and Murray fit well together. Is it them or is it that their roles are backwards? KJ needs to be involved more in our offense. Lonnie needs to get a play in his sweet spot, I have noticed he is a very rhythm player and if he starts off well offensively then he is more engaged all together. But there is zero reason for us not to be a more uptempo team other than our coaching refuses us to become one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And yeah that is my hope as well. Get rid of the vets in Marco, Bryn (he plays like an old useless vet), and Rudy. I wouldn't mind keeping Demar and LMA. But give the youngings actual roles. Call plays for them. Pair them together so we actually know if they fit in our team concept or not. We still don't know if White and Murray fit well together. Is it them or is it that their roles are backwards? KJ needs to be involved more in our offense. Lonnie needs to get a play in his sweet spot, I have noticed he is a very rhythm player and if he starts off well offensively then he is more engaged all together. But there is zero reason for us not to be a more uptempo team other than our coaching refuses us to become one.
    If I had a choice, I'd keep LaMarcus, Patty & maybe Rudy around.

LaMarcus because we lack a quality replacement, Poeltl was a huge disappointment in the bubble. If we can find a solid center prospect then moving him for picks is fine.

Patty because of his "leadership," knowledge of the system & he'd take pressure off whoever he comes off the bench with (Johnson, Walker IV and/or Murray/White).

Rudy is the biggest question mark because he's shown tendencies of not moving the ball, settling for contested jumpers & playing "hero ball." If they don't find a better replacement or stopgap then keeping him around is the best option, IMO

DeMar is too much of a bad fit on the Spurs. We don't have the volume three-point shooting & team defense to mask his big flaws. He needs to be moved to another team that better suits his playstyle, where he isn't playing out of position & he's in the way of younger, potentially better fitting prospects.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop has always preferred a strong bench. He has done this several times before starting Roger Mason , Keith Bogans, Michael Finley, Brent Barry. This is not new for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lamarcus is the reason we aren't an uptempo not Pop. Pop always preferred to run, he said this last offseason. We have 2 offensive styles the one when Lamarcus is in the lineup and the bubble/bench one. Pop tried to change Lamarcus style of play to fit his, that's when Lamarcus asked for a trade a while back. Lamarcus being traded is the key to seeing Pop's motion offense once again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for hitting the big momentum 3 vs Miami in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Both La and DeMar had career years playing for Pop you clown. Rudy too, in terms of efficiency which incredible given he was coming off a serious injury and was not in his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both La and DeMar had career years playing for Pop you clown. Rudy too, in terms of efficiency which incredible given he was coming off a serious injury and was not in his prime.
    So nothing to back it up? Awesome. They had career years though since you said so! Rudy Gay did have his most efficient year in 2018 though, you know where he helped cost us the series bc Pop kept playing him against Mason Plumlee. Oh and when Pop paired Marco and Forbes together that had a negative 120 for the series.

btw cricket on the other part of my post bc you can’t refute any of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has always preferred a strong bench. He has done this several times before starting Roger Mason , Keith Bogans, Michael Finley, Brent Barry. This is not new for him.
    That’s when we had Tim Duncan. We don’t have anyone of that caliber starting. We need strength in our starting line up. Being down 10 every first quarter bc you aren’t starting your best PG is bad coaching. I forgot the exact stat but Elliott said we were one of the worst 3rd quarter teams in the league. He kept pointing that out seemingly every game and that is bc our starters suck together.

Also meh it’s easy to blame LMA for the starters not having fast break points but remember when we played Marco and Rudy Gay together and they kept taking the ball out of Derrick Whites hands? That was for more than half the season and we weren’t exactly a fast break team then either. We had Lonnie, Derrick, and Murray and we never paired them together once in the season. That’s bad coaching.

Idk how you defend Pop this year. “Well we always had a good bench so that’s why we start the worst starter in the league” . To put in perspective, Pop chose White to be on the National team, but he didn’t choose him to start over Forbes or play more than 25 minutes a game until like February. “LMA is the reason why we never do fast breaks and has nothing to do with Pop never played the young guys together” Forbes can’t fill a lane or run a fast break. LMA plays slow but it’s the guards who initiate fast breaks not the freaking bigs. When has Forbes ever run a fast break?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put in perspective, Pop chose White to be on the National team, but he didn’t choose him to start over Forbes or play more than 25 minutes a game until like February
    That's actually insane to think about

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s when we had Tim Duncan. We don’t have anyone of that caliber starting. We need strength in our starting line up. Being down 10 every first quarter bc you aren’t starting your best PG is bad coaching. I forgot the exact stat but Elliott said we were one of the worst 3rd quarter teams in the league. He kept pointing that out seemingly every game and that is bc our starters suck together.

Also meh it’s easy to blame LMA for the starters not having fast break points but remember when we played Marco and Rudy Gay together and they kept taking the ball out of Derrick Whites hands? That was for more than half the season and we weren’t exactly a fast break team then either. We had Lonnie, Derrick, and Murray and we never paired them together once in the season. That’s bad coaching.

Idk how you defend Pop this year. “Well we always had a good bench so that’s why we start the worst starter in the league” . To put in perspective, Pop chose White to be on the National team, but he didn’t choose him to start over Forbes or play more than 25 minutes a game until like February. “LMA is the reason why we never do fast breaks and has nothing to do with Pop never played the young guys together” Forbes can’t fill a lane or run a fast break. LMA plays slow but it’s the guards who initiate fast breaks not the freaking bigs. When has Forbes ever run a fast break?
    - starting lineup pace (99.66) good for second worst in the league
    - bench pace (110) w/ Beli (108) w/ Lonnie good for best in the league
    - Lamarcus Aldridge pace (99.82) worst in the roster
    - lonnie - white - murray bubble pace (103)
    - worst lineup in terms of pace by a mile (94.56) is Lamarcus-Gay-White-Lonnie-Patty

Meh numbers.

We actually played a lot faster this year good for 14th than last year 22nd.

Thread Information