Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Posting from Jackson, MS tonight. On a road trip up to DC area (McLean VA) and stopped here for the night. I was at an Olive Garden near the motel I'm staying for the night, and literally it was all sectioned off with black customers with black servers and white customers with white servers... exclusively. The (black) hostess even blatantly told the black host guy to get me with "Candice" (who was the white server working the evening shift).... I mean this Candice was a good server and all, but why does it have to be segregated such?

And I didn't know that there were actually really people named LaQuisha (thought that was just a meme) until tonight, tbh the front desk lady at Drury Inn

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Bend over, i'll show you a huge thing in South Dixie.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Posting from Jackson, MS tonight. On a road trip up to DC area (McLean VA) and stopped here for the night. I was at an Olive Garden near the motel I'm staying for the night, and literally it was all sectioned off with black customers with black servers and white customers with white servers... exclusively. The (black) hostess even blatantly told the black host guy to get me with "Candice" (who was the white server working the evening shift).... I mean this Candice was a good server and all, but why does it have to be segregated such?

And I didn't know that there were actually really people named LaQuisha (thought that was just a meme) until tonight, tbh the front desk lady at Drury Inn
    Definitely someone who has been sheltered.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    But what did you play on the Jukebox

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    wtf would you go to Oliver Garden in Jackson Mississippi

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    What backwards ass route are you taking from the DFW area to the DC area? Are you taking the 20 through the deep south instead of the 40 through Tennessee? You're probably adding several hours to your drive for no reason

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What backwards ass route are you taking from the DFW area to the DC area? Are you taking the 20 through the deep south instead of the 40 through Tennessee? You're probably adding several hours to your drive for no reason
    Didn't you even read his op? He wanted to hit the Olive Garden in Jackson.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    But what did you play on the Jukebox

Name
    Luck_The_Fakers
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He probably needed some meth, tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    This, and the drive is a lot prettier tbh.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yes. I've already done the 40 route multiple times going to Philadelphia and Ohio. Tennessee is nice; I've been to the grand ole opry and had Memphis BBQ on one of the trips in the not too distant past. I just wanted to explore some new states. It's about 60-100 miles difference, not too bad. I do know from one too many experiences that Arkansas is long, boring and depressing AF.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'm here in Quantico this morning about to head up to Mclean

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    This, and the drive is a lot prettier tbh.
    Driving the "length" of tennessee is an interesting concept, I've done the Knoxville-Nashville-Memphis way before, but you only get to be in like 4 total states

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Driving the "length" of tennessee is an interesting concept, I've done the Knoxville-Nashville-Memphis way before, but you only get to be in like 4 total states
    Bend over, I'll show you something the length of Tennessee

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    same drive can be made from San Antonio it adds like 20 minutes but you're not driving through the wasteland that is the deep south

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Dear diary - Well my travels have taken me through Jim Crow territory. I'm pretty sure the Crow nation and their founder, Jim Bridger spent many o'night here, sitting around a campfire and singing classics. As I scope out the local flora and fauna, I spy a native negro in the traditional garb, the very loose garments and the ceremonial tooth coloring. I stopped briefly to chat with this fellow, he seemed interested in the discussion at first but soon began to speak in native tongue, which I took as a sign of respect. "You's a crackass made ho I you in da ass till you love me, honky". I spoke to him about the Crow and about Jim Bridger. We traded some modern currency for a few small polished rocks in protective bags. He pointed me toward the way out and said something like "get ta steppin" and my journey continued, with me ever so wealthy for my experience with the South.

Hopefully more to come shortly as Georgia is on the horizon.

MM

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The 20, the 40? You sound like you're from LA, man. I didn't know people outside of Cali said that .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    The 20, the 40? You sound like you're from LA, man. I didn't know people outside of Cali said that .
    How else would you identify highways

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I don't know.. I-20? I-40? The 20 and The 40 sounds so much like how people talk in LA. I got so used to saying it when I lived there that friends from Texas would tell me I had picked up an LA accent.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    I don't know.. I-20? I-40? The 20 and The 40 sounds so much like how people talk in LA. I got so used to saying it when I lived there that friends from Texas would tell me I had picked up an LA accent.
    Maybe it's because I'm from Arizona. Everyone there just uses numbers too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dear diary - Well my travels have taken me through Jim Crow territory. I'm pretty sure the Crow nation and their founder, Jim Bridger spent many o'night here, sitting around a campfire and singing classics. As I scope out the local flora and fauna, I spy a native negro in the traditional garb, the very loose garments and the ceremonial tooth coloring. I stopped briefly to chat with this fellow, he seemed interested in the discussion at first but soon began to speak in native tongue, which I took as a sign of respect. "You's a crackass made ho I you in da ass till you love me, honky". I spoke to him about the Crow and about Jim Bridger. We traded some modern currency for a few small polished rocks in protective bags. He pointed me toward the way out and said something like "get ta steppin" and my journey continued, with me ever so wealthy for my experience with the South.

MM

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

MM

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah its weird. i'm using to calling a things "the 101" or "the 405"... its just how people talk in cali

apparently elsewhere you drop the "the" and just call it like a street name, ie "take reseda down to ventura, hop on 101 and get off van nuys"

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I kinda like "the 20" even though I just call it "20." Might try to make it a thing here. I'll report back.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Update... drove thru all the swing states except MN (that's tomorrow), but I'm staying in Madison tonight. Alarming thing is that there are far more Biden/Harris signs (still about 60-40 in favor of Trump, but not good for Trump) than I expected when driving on the Wisconsin country roads. Pennsylvania west side country was solidly for Trump, though. Michigan didn't drive much in the country (only on highways since MI doesn't have toll roads), but Grand Rapids seemed to be about a 70-30 Trump split. Also Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor are simply beautiful. Extremely beautiful. The entire Rust Belt is just gorgeous in October. I wouldn't want to be there in January, though.

Thread Information