My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    He might well be, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    no.

Brady is the best in the division and it's not very close. he's still playing at a high level this year.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    no.

Brady is the best in the division and it's not very close. he's still playing at a high level this year.
    Haha not close?

Brady had underachieved thus far with a stacked team.
    Bridgewater is leading a team full of under 25’s, with no continuity on defense, coaching, etc...

Meanwhile he has ...

More pass yards than Brady & Watson
    Higher completion % than Wilson or Rodgers
    Higher passer rating than Lamar
    Higher yards/att than Mahommes

all because of CMC like you said in the beginning of the year, right? Oops..

If you dont think it’s close youre living under a rock. Teddy cost us the game against Tampa. But Brady has cost his team both losses with pick6’s, boneheaded decisions, and lack of arm strength tbh.

This isnt 2017 anymore
    Last edited by N0 LyF3 ScRuB; 10-13-2020 at 10:53 AM.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I like Teddy. We'll see how it all plays out. Panthers still have to play the Bucs again, Chiefs, Packers, Bears, and Saints twice.

NFC South has 3 teams that would easily win the NFC East.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Teddy Two-Gloves is way better than I expected him to be, but I’d still trust Brady or Brees over him.
    Listen, I know firsthand what Brees can do. Hes carved up even our most elite defenses throughout the years. Top 5 all time. But how can you trust Brees when his coach is pulling him out for Hill on critical third downs? Not to memtion Teddy himself went 6-1 last year on the same team. I just dont see it.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    no.

What makes it "not very close"? The fact that he's playing with a stacked team and a coach that is trying to make him happy by blatantly padding his stats?

Teddy has thrown for more yards, with a better comp% and one less interception (besides being a better weapon escaping the pressure with his legs). The only thing Tom has in his favour are all the less than 10 yds TD's that Arians has been giving him. Add to that the fact that they have the same record with Teddy playing in a much less talented team and I just don't see this "not very close" angle. I'm not saying Teddy is definitely playing better but it is not unarguable, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    What makes it "not very close"? The fact that he's playing with a stacked team and a coach that is trying to make him happy by blatantly padding his stats?

Teddy has thrown for more yards, with a better comp% and one less interception (besides being a better weapon escaping the pressure with his legs). The only thing Tom has in his favour are all the less than 10 yds TD's that Arians has been giving him. Add to that the fact that they have the same record with Teddy playing in a much less talented team and I just don't see this "not very close" angle. I'm not saying Teddy is definitely playing better but it is not unarguable, tbh.
    not to sound pretentious, but watching them play instead of just comparing stats. brady has been playing at a pretty high level, and i've actually been surprised at how live his arm looks. he looked bad against the bears, but that was mostly due to the bears abusing Tampa's OL

brady hasnt been playing with all the weapons, though. Godwin has been hurt. Evans has played hurt multiple games already. OJ Howard is out for the year. in the first 2 weeks of the year he had 3 TD passes dropped or something absurd like that.

and then if you give any weight to it, PFF hays him playing at an elite level with their grading system (which is subjective and not always useful imo)
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-13-2020 at 03:20 PM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Trying to objectify saying Brady and Bridgewater’s play “isnt even close”

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    not to sound pretentious, but watching them play instead of just comparing stats. brady has been playing at a pretty high level, and i've actually been surprised at how live his arm looks. he looked bad against the bears, but that was mostly due to the bears abusing Tampa's OL

brady hasnt been playing with all the weapons, though. Godwin has been hurt. Evans has played hurt multiple games already. OJ Howard is out for the year. in the first 2 weeks of the year he had 3 TD passes dropped or something absurd like that.

and then if you give any weight to it, PFF hays him playing at an elite level with their grading system (which is subjective and not always useful imo)
    So, you are telling me you watched all of Tampa's and Carolina's full games?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    So, you are telling me you watched all of Tampa's and Carolina's full games?
    more or less, yeah. i've been watching tampa quite a bit because they're one of the most intriguing teams in the league this year, and i own tom brady in 2 of my 4 fantasy leagues, so i've been paying particularly close attention to him. the only game i didnt see in full was the Bucs/Broncos matchup, which i only passively saw through RedZone and post-game highlight cutups.

a bit less so with bridgewater, but ive seen quite a bit. even if you just account for his plays that happened to make highlight reels, they dont look particularly different than he did on his days with the vikings. hes still a pretty accurate passer in the short to intermediate range who doesnt really have the ability to drive the ball out deep out or corner routes. his mobility is ok but he's not really an escape artist. he hasnt done anything to change my general impression of him. i said before the season that i thought he would fit well with DJ Moore and CMC (now Mike Davis). i'm admittedly surprised that he's shown chemistry with robby anderson though

i dont think you have to watch every snap of every play to get a sense of what a player is doing. i also follow a lot of the film/analytic junky types on twitter who put together good stuff on players around the league

Thread Information