San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With player option.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    me... Rickrolled!

You do know that ChumpDumper quit posting here at the same time Rick Astley died? Coincidence... I think not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would not release details of the extension, but league sources told ESPN on Sunday that the three-year deal is worth $32.3 million.

"I'm happy to be here," Forbes told reporters Monday. "It worked out for both sides. I feel like this season has been great for myself. Trying to find my rhythm, be myself. I feel like the offense has had some tweaks where I'm feeling more comfortable, helping the team. Pop [coach Gregg Popovich] told me he was happy about it."

The extension will keep Forbes, 27, under contract with the Spurs through the 2023-24 season. It includes a partially guaranteed salary in the deal's final season, league sources told ESPN. Only $7 million is guaranteed in the final year of the extension, league sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe.

"This place is great, great organization. They do things the right way," Forbes said. "Talks this summer were very constructive. ... I like that Pop has been great about what I needed or wanted. So far, it's been great."

Read more:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21043191/san-antonio-spurs-forbes-agreement-three-year-extension
    FU. My blood was boiling. I even clicked on the link twice thinking I must have made a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn you OP...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got me lol I was genuinely stressed and thought this was genuinely true smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got me lol I was genuinely stressed and thought this was genuinely true smh.
    How did folks fall for this when free agency is after the draft & Forbes wasn't eligible for a contract extension?

I believe he's going to be a unrestricted free agent, but the Spurs still have his early Bird Rights.

Hopefully someone else overvalues his perimeter shooting (while injuring his lack of size + horrendous defense) & his time spent in the Spurs organization. Kind of like Kyle Anderson a few offseasons, ago.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be worth it if you believe the writer of this article that mentions Forbes' positional versatility.

"San Antonio's backcourt is loaded with young players, but Forbes is capable of sliding up to the three and playing alongside a pair of guards. Since he'll be unrestricted, there's no guarantee he won't look for a new deal elsewhere, but the Spurs have a history of overpaying a little to retain their own guys if they really want them back."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be worth it if you believe the writer of this article that mentions Forbes' positional versatility.

"San Antonio's backcourt is loaded with young players, but Forbes is capable of sliding up to the three and playing alongside a pair of guards. Since he'll be unrestricted, there's no guarantee he won't look for a new deal elsewhere, but the Spurs have a history of overpaying a little to retain their own guys if they really want them back."

April Fool's day was 7 months ago, buddy......

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not my take. I think he needs to go join a contender. But someone really believes it.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/...nio-spurs.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that article above it shows the deadline for Demars option was the 13th, is that true?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not my take. I think he needs to go join a contender. But someone really believes it.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/...nio-spurs.html
    Well, that is a foolish take.

Forbes is an undersized SG, who can't guard his position or make enough plays to play the PG position full-time.

He's best playing a Seth Curry - esque role on an elite defensive team or a team who's coach won't over play him/give him too large of a role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double No messing with our minds!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite possibly the greatest troll post in ST history. Very nicely done
    You must knew son. This is an old ElNono move. Old timers knew what was coming as soon as we saw he was the creator of the thread, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the core text is actually from the article on LaMarcus's extension

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get somewhere close to the Seth Curry contract. Everyone needs shooting. Contenders would want him based on his last playoff performance , 12 points + 48% from three at 2.5 3 per game. He didn't choke on the DEN series like Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out Bryn owns Forbes Magazine and doesn't need the chump change. He's a mogul.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got a quick feel on what it going to feel like if pops signs his lovechild . Can see the funny side but for a few seconds there.. i was like wtf .

Thread Information