Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would not release details of the extension, but league sources told ESPN on Sunday that the three-year deal is worth $32.3 million.

"I'm happy to be here," Forbes told reporters Monday. "It worked out for both sides. I feel like this season has been great for myself. Trying to find my rhythm, be myself. I feel like the offense has had some tweaks where I'm feeling more comfortable, helping the team. Pop [coach Gregg Popovich] told me he was happy about it."

The extension will keep Forbes, 27, under contract with the Spurs through the 2023-24 season. It includes a partially guaranteed salary in the deal's final season, league sources told ESPN. Only $7 million is guaranteed in the final year of the extension, league sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe.

"This place is great, great organization. They do things the right way," Forbes said. "Talks this summer were very constructive. ... I like that Pop has been great about what I needed or wanted. So far, it's been great."

Read more:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21043191/san-antonio-spurs-forbes-agreement-three-year-extension

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol well done Nono

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was hoping for a hometown discount, tbh... guess this guy wants to get paid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this becomes true just to piss some people off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew this wasn't true because it wasn't reported anywhere. But well done lol. Gave me a worry for maybe 1.3 seconds

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad, but the number was too high to be believable. That and his last contract is over so he would be signing a new contract and not an extension. If the headline was something "Spurs, Forbes agree to 3-year/21m deal" I would have had a mini heart attack even though I know it's too early for teams and players to agree to deals. A 3-year deal would only keep him with the team through 2022-2023, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice OP. Should have given him 40 million as the pillar of this farce of a team NOT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y'all gonna be real salty when it really happens

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y'all gonna be real salty when it really happens
    Especially when it's a 4 year deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice Onion article rbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it ever happens, ban OP tbh....

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it wont be funny when its 3Y/40M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I died

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it wont be funny when its 2Y/40M
    fixed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a matter of time before this comes true, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “For all your loyalty Bryn we’re looking to give you actually a 4/50mil contract. We call it the loyalty contract “

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “For all your loyalty Bryn we’re looking to give you actually a 4/50mil contract. We call it the loyalty contract “
    Remember when Poop used to only give those to guys who earned it? And earning it meant showing up at the highest level, playing defense, and not being a general sackless turd? Remember when Pop used to tell guys who he loved that their time was up, or that the team was going another direction?

Yeah me too. Wonder what happened to that guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when Poop used to only give those to guys who earned it? And earning it meant showing up at the highest level, playing defense, and not being a general sackless turd? Remember when Pop used to tell guys who he loved that their time was up, or that the team was going another direction?

Yeah me too. Wonder what happened to that guy.
    With age he’s became softer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs actually look like a fun team to watch when he's not in the building. Definitely not a guy who makes the Spurs better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs would not release details of the extension, but league sources told ESPN on Sunday that the three-year deal is worth $32.3 million.

"I'm happy to be here," Forbes told reporters Monday. "It worked out for both sides. I feel like this season has been great for myself. Trying to find my rhythm, be myself. I feel like the offense has had some tweaks where I'm feeling more comfortable, helping the team. Pop [coach Gregg Popovich] told me he was happy about it."

The extension will keep Forbes, 27, under contract with the Spurs through the 2023-24 season. It includes a partially guaranteed salary in the deal's final season, league sources told ESPN. Only $7 million is guaranteed in the final year of the extension, league sources told ESPN's Zach Lowe.

"This place is great, great organization. They do things the right way," Forbes said. "Talks this summer were very constructive. ... I like that Pop has been great about what I needed or wanted. So far, it's been great."

Read more:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21043191/san-antonio-spurs-forbes-agreement-three-year-extension
    Gave me a damn heart attack..lol...but well played lol

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Quite possibly the greatest troll post in ST history. Very nicely done

Read more:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You A-Hole

LMAO

I was yelling Nooooo!! As I read this.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn’t play much in the Bubble. Maybe he agreed, as long as...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knew it was a fake based on the $$$ amount. An elite shooter like Forbes deserves a similar paycheck to his contemporaries like Klay Thompson , Curry & Dame. Spurs better pony the up.

Thread Information