Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10% of registered voters have already voted in the first two days of early voting, given the likely incomplete dataset there.

Your corrupt party's voter suppression efforts seem to not have had the effect that your leaders who put them in play were hoping for, sophist.

Good.

if your ideas and party are so good, why do you have to cheat and lie to win power?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10% of registered voters have already voted in the first two days of early voting, given the likely incomplete dataset there.

Your corrupt party's voter suppression efforts seem to not have had the effect that your leaders who put them in play were hoping for, sophist.

Good.

if your ideas and party are so good, why do you have to cheat and lie to win power?
    Bwahahajhahahhahahahahha

How sad

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bwahahajhahahhahahahahha

How sad
    Desperate cry for my attention noted.

You want me to rub your belly or something? jesus

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Desperate cry for my attention noted.

You want me to rub your belly or something? jesus
    Lololoooooloolllo

Remember when wrongdomGuy was trying to do math on ifr, cases and hospitalizations. That was hilarious

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Related:

Texas adds 1.8M registered voters since 2016 presidential election

A record 16.9 million Texans are registered to vote in the Nov. 3 election, according to the latest data from the Texas secretary of state’s office.

It’s an increase of about 1.8 million voters since the 2016 presidential election, when 15 million, or 78.2% of the state’s voting-age population, registered to vote.

The latest figure, released Monday, accounted for 78.3% percent of the state’s roughly 21.5 million eligible voters, although it’s not the final statewide registration number ahead of the Nov. 3 election. The official count is expected in the coming days, according to secretary of state officials.

The number grew by nearly 300,000 from two weeks ago, the last time the agency reported registration figures.

The deadline to register to vote was Oct. 5. Early voting started Tuesday and runs through Oct. 30.

Nearly all eligible voters in Travis County were registered to vote this year, according to Travis County Tax Assessor-Collector Bruce Elfant.

Of the county’s more than 850,000 eligible voters, a record 97% of them are registered to vote in the Nov. 3 general election, Elfant said.

That’s a 17.2% increase since the 2016 presidential election, when Travis County had about 725,000 registered voters, according to the secretary of state’s office.

Other Central Texas counties saw the number of registered voters grow by more than 24% since 2016, among the highest increases in the state.

Williamson County jumped from 300,000 to more than 375,000 registered voters, a more than 25% increase.

Hays County saw a 24% increase and Comal County saw a more than 25% bump.

The figures come despite lagging new voter registrations in some of Texas’ biggest counties, including Travis, when the coronavirus pandemic first hit Texas.

READ MORE: Voter registration has flatlined in big urban counties

Bexar County increased from 1 million to nearly 1.2 million, or a 13.1% increase in registered voters since 2016.

Harris County saw an 11% increase, while Dallas County saw an 8.5% increase.

The Texas Democratic Party says there are promising signs that Texas could elect the first Democratic presidential candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1976, pointing to an analysis Tuesday from TargetSmart, a Democratic data firm, which found that 60% of new registered voters are either under the age of 25 or people of color.

“As one of the youngest and most diverse states in the country, the electorate in Texas has fundamentally shifted over the past few years,” party executive director Manny Garcia said in a statement. “Turnout in the election is expected to break records and Texas Democrats have built a winning coalition of voters because we have earned the trust of Texans.”

Also on the line: a U.S. Senate seat; a dozen congressional seats, all but two of them held by Democrats, that national political experts say could switch party hands; and the Texas House, where Democrats must flip nine seats to become the majority.

But Republicans say they expect to win the down the line, and retain control of the Texas House. President Donald Trump’s campaign has hosted a flurry of events and ramped up its field operation in the state over the past couple months, mindful that a Trump victory must go through Texas. There would be no path to a Trump victory without winning Texas.

But with polling showing the presidential contest in Texas close, the Biden campaign is boosting ad spending and campaign appearances in the state.

As Jill Biden, wife of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, campaigned in El Paso, Dallas and Houston on Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the Trump campaign said Democrats were “wasting their time in Texas.”

“Nevertheless, we welcome them to light their money on fire because Texas will reelect President Trump on Nov. 3,” Samantha Cotten said in a statement Tuesday.
    https://www.statesman.com/news/20201...ntial-election
    How low level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the big cities will all vote Democrat. It's all the towns in between and along the Bible belt that are still pro Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good.

The data in Texas actually doesn’t look that promising for Democrats. Trump has the edge so far in early voting, in notable contrast to other battleground states where the Dems are +30 or more. Harris County has had enormous turnout, but Bexar, Dallas, and Travis have been meh. Meanwhile, you look at a Trump-heavy county like Denton where turnout increase percentage dwarfs even Harris.

Democrats believe that high turnout favors them: “when people vote, Democrats win.” That’s true when running against a patrician economic conservative. But white racial grievance populist iden y politics are EXTREMELY popular in exurban and rural Texas, and are generating massive turnout. The male chauvinism also appeals to Hispanic men, which is why Trump is running in the high 30’s among Hispanics.

Dan Patrick’s bloviating aside, the Trump campaign thinks that Trump will win by four. Biden’s campaign believes the same thing. Both believe the state is inelastic with few persuadable voters. With base turnout cranked up to 11 on both sides, the cake is largely baked. What’s possible in Texas for Democrats to get is the state legislature and some House seats.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The data in Texas actually doesn’t look that promising for Democrats. Trump has the edge so far in early voting, in notable contrast to other battleground states where the Dems are +30 or more. Harris County has had enormous turnout, but Bexar, Dallas, and Travis have been meh. Meanwhile, you look at a Trump-heavy county like Denton where turnout increase percentage dwarfs even Harris.

Democrats believe that high turnout favors them: “when people vote, Democrats win.” That’s true when running against a patrician economic conservative. But white racial grievance populist iden y politics are EXTREMELY popular in exurban and rural Texas, and are generating massive turnout. The male chauvinism also appeals to Hispanic men, which is why Trump is running in the high 30’s among Hispanics.

Dan Patrick’s bloviating aside, the Trump campaign thinks that Trump will win by four. Biden’s campaign believes the same thing. Both believe the state is inelastic with few persuadable voters. With base turnout cranked up to 11 on both sides, the cake is largely baked. What’s possible in Texas for Democrats to get is the state legislature and some House seats.
    Random guy on watch

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 Times More People Have Already Voted Early In 2020 Than Voted In 2016

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/10...gher-2020.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 Times More People Have Already Voted Early In 2020 Than Voted In 2016

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/10...gher-2020.html
    Superspreader.

Derptime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superspreader.

Derptime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is winning Texas...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is winning Texas...
    perhaps. but generally speaking massive turnout isnt going to bode well for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    perhaps. but generally speaking massive turnout isnt going to bode well for him
    Isn't Texas historically the worst state in the country for voter participation? If Trump inspires non-voters to become voters and vote against him then the calculus of "likely voters" in the public polling data could be skewed and Biden could pull off a shocker.

I still think Trump wins but I'm saying there is a chance he could lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Texas historically the worst state in the country for voter participation? If Trump inspires non-voters to become voters and vote against him then the calculus of "likely voters" in the public polling data could be skewed and Biden could pull off a shocker.

im fairly confident biden comes out ahead electorally but i think trump is going to pull ery with the supreme court

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im fairly confident biden comes out ahead electorally but i think trump is going to pull ery with the supreme court
    If he wins it by at least 290-295, I just dont see any excuse holding up.

For him to make something of it, it really does need to be within 10 or less electoral votes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's going to be wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What observers have missed about Texas is that besides the non-voting Hispanics that allegedly would vote 2:1 Dem if they could be convinced to go to the polls, there’s also a lot of historically non-voting white trash that weren’t interested in voting for Bush, McCain, or Romney, but turn out like bonkers for Trump, even more so now than in 2016, because he’s one of them. There’s a visceral connection there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What observers have missed about Texas is that besides the non-voting Hispanics that allegedly would vote 2:1 Dem if they could be convinced to go to the polls, there’s also a lot of historically non-voting white trash that weren’t interested in voting for Bush, McCain, or Romney, but turn out like bonkers for Trump, even more so now than in 2016, because he’s one of them. There’s a visceral connection there.
    True, but even then, one could argue that white trash came out for him in 2016, in addition to independents and your average educated conservative.

While I agree his base is extremely excited to go vote for him, they're just not enough for him to win. He's going to need the Darrins or CCs that are not white trash, don't like either candidate, but will still vote for Trump because team sport.

But this is also why I think he'll win Texas, even if by a handful of points. IMO, Texas is much less likely to have Lincoln Project type of anti-Trump conservatives than other states, which generally have a more even conservative-liberal balance.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If he wins it by at least 290-295, I just dont see any excuse holding up.

For him to make something of it, it really does need to be within 10 or less electoral votes.
    If Biden wins Florida, it's game over. Florida begins counting mail-in ballots before election day and will have results posted that night. Same thing with North Carolina iirc, Trump has no ammunition for Supreme Court ery if he doesn't win both of those states on election night.

IMO the only path towards Trump utilizing the courts to throw the election is if he wins the Sunbelt and can get courts to stop counting ballots in the rustbelt states that can't begin counting mail-in ballots until election day (PA, MI, WI, etc.)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, but even then, one could argue that white trash came out for him in 2016, in addition to independents and your average educated conservative.

While I agree his base is extremely excited to go vote for him, they're just not enough for him to win. He's going to need the Darrins or CCs that are not white trash, don't like either candidate, but will still vote for Trump because team sport.

But this is also why I think he'll win Texas, even if by a handful of points. IMO, Texas is much less likely to have Lincoln Project type of anti-Trump conservatives than other states, which generally have a more even conservative-liberal balance.
    I’m only referring to Texas. I expect Biden to cruise in MI, PA, and WI, and everything after that is gravy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From reading these posts, I can see not much was learned from 2016

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many people are pumped for Joe? My mom is a Biden voter, but only because she hates Trump.

I'm sure the reverse logic is in play, to an extent.

Thread Information