Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they get to 1.9 million, I’ll start believing Texas is in play.
    The magic number to say Texas is in play is 1.7 million.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The magic number to say Texas is in play is 1.7 million.
    For Harris County? Isn’t that only 70% turnout? I think they’ll hit that but not sure if it’s enough...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Tomorrow is going to be a good indicator of how it’s going to go. Most people get off at 5 and sit in over an hours worth of traffic. Opening the polls until 10, could bring some good results. Especially for the people who work downtown can just hit up Toyota Center. Gotta hit at least 80k tomorrow vote plus mail

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Harris County? Isn’t that only 70% turnout? I think they’ll hit that but not sure if it’s enough...
    2016 turnout was 1.34M (61%)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hopefully folks take advantage of the extended hours and 24 hour voting on Thursday and Friday. 1.7 mill should be met but the target should be 1.8 or 1.9
    This is great, but Soros needs to make sure there's no more votes than official population number, tbh...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    2016 turnout was 1.34M (61%)
    I know, I just think they really need to run up the score in Harris County. The MAGA s in sville Texas are going to be plenty energized themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know, I just think they really need to run up the score in Harris County. The MAGA s in sville Texas are going to be plenty energized themselves.
    1.8 million would be an increase of almost 500K from 2016. I'm not sure they could do any better than that.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    1.8 million would be an increase of almost 500K from 2016. I'm not sure they could do any better than that.

They have 2.4 million registered voters (still way too ing low in a county with 3.5 million voting age adults). 1.9 million would be <80% turnout which is difficult but not impossible. I really don’t understand how someone could be registered to vote and decide to sit an election out when the in bent is admitting he has no intention of controlling a deadly pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have 2.4 million registered voters (still way too ing low in a county with 3.5 million voting age adults). 1.9 million would be <80% turnout which is difficult but not impossible. I really don’t understand how someone could be registered to vote and decide to sit an election out when the in bent is admitting he has no intention of controlling a deadly pandemic.
    Did you mail in your Harris County vote yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mail it later and it Not arrive In time !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mail it later and it Not arrive In time !
    I sent my 10 ballots in already, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, Harris county turnout in presidential elections looks like a reliable low 60% figure. The number is easily going to beat 70% this go around but I just can't see it getting too much closer to 80%. I can only speculate as to why people would be registered but not vote... maybe just registered a long time ago because someone pushed them to but were never really interested in voting.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Voter suppression is definitely a problem, but the lackadaisical at ude black people and Hispanics have towards voting and making sure their ballot is counted astonishes me. Ultimately they can’t blame whitey for the fact that whitey cares a lot more about its voting being cast than they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voter suppression is definitely a problem, but the lackadaisical at ude black people and Hispanics have towards voting and making sure their ballot is counted astonishes me.
    Black women definitely vote, but I don't understand hispanics. Maybe it's because it seems like so few high profile non-cuban hispanics run for major offices in Texas and for federal offices.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Black women definitely vote, but I don't understand hispanics. Maybe it's because it seems like so few high profile non-cuban hispanics run for major offices in Texas and for federal offices.
    Younger black women don’t vote, older black women do. One of the reasons why politicians don’t care about the working poor is because America’s electorate has a much higher median income than America’s entire adult population.

Theres simply no excuses this year outside of very unique cir stances. Texas has had weeks of early voting, including off hours and on weekends. Harris County has done everything short of roll out a ing red carpet encouraging people to vote, and we’ll still see hundreds of thousands of registered black voters in Houston not vote. That’s not Greg Abbott’s fault, it’s a cultural issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Younger black women don’t vote, older black women do. One of the reasons why politicians don’t care about the working poor is because America’s electorate has a much higher median income than America’s entire adult population.

Theres simply no excuses this year outside of very unique cir stances. Texas has had weeks of early voting, including off hours and on weekends. Harris County has done everything short of roll out a ing red carpet encouraging people to vote, and we’ll still see hundreds of thousands of registered black voters in Houston not vote. That’s not Greg Abbott’s fault, it’s a cultural issue.
    Latinos are in the wrong state, tbh... you know they think Abbott is going to send la migra their way.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Latinos are in the wrong state, tbh... you know they think Abbott is going to send la migra their way.
    It’s Mexican culture to literally take a two hour nap every day after lunch. That probably has something to do with why they don’t vote, it might disturb their siesta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Mexican culture to literally take a two hour nap every day after lunch. That probably has something to do with why they don’t vote, it might disturb their siesta.

I just think they rather stay away from the system. You register to vote, you get called for jury duty, etc etc etc...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I just think they rather stay away from the system. You register to vote, you get called for jury duty, etc etc etc...
    Even among registered voters and not the entire adult population, the border counties in Texas have the worst participation rates (ie taking total votes cast/total registered voters).

If black people and Hispanics without a college degree voted with the same turnout that white people without a college degree voted, the Republican Party would cease to exist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They take their 2 hour naps so they can go to their bedroom and

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott mailing in those righty ballots tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How’s the unemployment rate in Yuma? Has Trump gotten it below 20% yet?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    This is great, but Soros needs to make sure there's no more votes than official population number, tbh...
    Election Day in Harris county you can Bank on 300k Votes. For sure. Now, I’m hoping and thinking that 300 K will range anywhere in between 300-500k. So it’s important to finish the early voting as close as possible, to 1.5 mil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Racist

Thread Information