Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    MAGA s better get in as many "muh 2016 polls were wrong!" in before November 4th

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He’s a 50 something year old Java engineer that smokes winstons and drinks beer. He’s wildly emotional and pretty gullible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a 50 something year old Java engineer that smokes winstons and drinks beer. He’s wildly emotional and pretty gullible.
    Even if that's the case, you simply can't pile him up with the straight out ignorant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, I'm emotional.

I thought Hillary had it in a landslide.

Now, it looks like Joe does.

Who knows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, I know not all Dems are far left, antifa types.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if that's the case, you simply can't pile him up with the straight out ignorant.
    Well that’s worse than ignorant tbh. KarrinS has always been low value. Typical indoctrinated “conservative” incapable of considering a democrat because his mom and dad would be upset... if they weren’t dead from smoking winstons and drinking wild turkey.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It's different, I don't think Darrin is the guy that brings the religious BS at all. But just like Darrin, I suspect Barrett is a team player.

You could make the argument it's even worse to be a team player + educated, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, tbh...

White trash can always claim they're dumb...
    Most of them know that evangelicals are the only way they win elections so they look past the fact their party relies on getting votes from re s who think the world is only 5,000 years old. They might not be stupid but they're morally bankrupt to the point where they don't see any issues with a political party that relies on dogma and bible fairytales to win elections.

If the GOP was the party of Larry Hogan and Charlie Baker it might do a lot better than the current GOP does in California and the Northeast but it would get throttled in the south and the midwest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like if you want to look at straight our ignorant white trash type, check the derp posts on the Canada thread right now.

I know some of you can't see eye to eye with Darrin, and we've had our number of agreements and disagreements over the years, but it's night and day, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of them know that evangelicals are the only way they win elections so they look past the fact their party relies on getting votes from re s who think the world is only 5,000 years old.

If the GOP was the party of Larry Hogan and Charlie Baker it might do a lot better than the current GOP does in California and the Northeast but it would get throttled in the south and the midwest.
    Totally, and I couldn't also say evangelicals are all white trash. Evangelicals are sort of cult members, which is a different thing altogether.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAGA s better get in as many "muh 2016 polls were wrong!" in before November 4th
    They expect the polls to be wrong by more than half. That's cute.

This is why I think the MAGATs will go full riot mode. They are convinced the polls are wrong and Trump will landslide Biden. Boy when neither of those things happen..

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

This is why I think the MAGATs will go full riot mode. They are convinced the polls are wrong and Trump will landslide Biden. Boy when neither of those things happen..
    As far as I'm concerned fine, let them show their true colors as much as possible so suburban women will see it's the GOP and right wing militant groups that are the threat to their neighborhoods, not Sunrise Movement protesters wearing tie dye shirts.

I don't want heads like Little Ben Sasse to be able to close the GOP's chapter on Trumpism like he's currently trying to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need more people in the center, tbh. Social media is polarizing everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Trump wins then he wins, tbh... I have my concerns about our nation if that happens, but frankly, I'm in a privileged position. I'm more concerned for those that are not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think even what that center looks like is extremely polarizing right now. When you go to the extremes, the center looks like a huge gulf.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I am in the center. I want the same healthcare system that every other developed country has. There's nothing polarizing about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From reading these posts, I can see not much was learned from 2016
    Things learned since 2016:
    1) Polls go stale quickly — if they’re two weeks old they might as well be from 1960.
    2) Results in different states are not independent, because demographics can be a common mode. So, saying “what are the odds Trump wins all five of these battleground states?” is mathematically wrong. The shift in voter sentiment that helps him win one might also help him win the others. This was the error that caused most pundits to give Clinton a 90%+ chance.
    3) Poll results must be adjusted by voter education level just as they are for all those other demographics, because college-educated whites vote radically differently from non-educated whites.
    4) Electorate elasticity must be taken into account. A five-point lead is a closer race in the Midwest than it is in the South because there are a lot more persuadable voters.
    4) That an event with a 1 in 3 chance in happening happens is not shocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am in the center. I want the same healthcare system that every other developed country has. There's nothing polarizing about that.
    Ok. I agree that we need something better than what we have now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    1) Polls go stale quickly — if they’re two weeks old they might as well be from 1960.
    2) Results in different states are not independent, because demographics can be a common mode. So, saying “what are the odds Trump wins all five of these battleground states?” is mathematically wrong. The shift in voter sentiment that helps him win one might also help him win the others. This was the error that caused most pundits to give Clinton a 90%+ chance.
    3) Poll results must be adjusted by voter education level just as they are for all those other demographics, because college-educated whites vote radically differently from non-educated whites.
    4) Electorate elasticity must be taken into account. A five-point lead is a closer race in the Midwest than it is in the South because there are a lot more persuadable voters.
    Regarding 3, that was something new in 2016 and pollsters have adjusted for it. Prior to 2016 whites as a whole voted red/blue at roughly the same rate regardless of education, Trumpism just drove a giant wedge in between stupid white people and smart white people (or "educated" and "uneducated" if you want to sugarcoat it).

There was also always a significant amount of undecides in 2016. This year <5% of voters are still undecided (at least 26 million have already voted), and Biden is polling above 50% in the key states. Hillary was never above 50% outside a few outlier polls. The other mistake made in 2016 were pundits assuming undecided voters would split evenly and whoever was winning with decided voters would win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think pollsters did adjust post '16, and 2018 I thought they did pretty well.

If there's one en y that actually cares about not getting it wrong, it's pollsters.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever you say Comrade Maonin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Trump wins then he wins, tbh... I have my concerns about our nation if that happens, but frankly, I'm in a privileged position. I'm more concerned for those that are not.

I'm sure it was earned and not privileged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up commie. I mean, Blake!

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ok. I agree that we need something better than what we have now.
    I believe you when you say that, what I don't think conservatives realize is that there's no way to accomplish that in a way that doesn't involve either heavily regulated & subsidized private healthcare and/or public healthcare. The free market is never going to let affordable health insurance trickle down to people with pre-existing conditions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure it was earned and not privileged.
    I think the biggest reason I care is because I've been there before. Nothing like traveling the road to understand what it takes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw John Cronyn tell me he was going to save Medicare from MJ Hegar’s universal healthcare plan. We have a staunch conservative campaigning on preserving state run healthcare against universal healthcare. ing ridiculous.

Thread Information