Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The old Day 1 early voting record was around 68,000 which was set on the first day of the 2016 presidential election.

HOUSTON — Harris County has shattered its opening day record for early voting turnout.

They broke it just before 2 p.m. Tuesday with several hours left to go before polls close for the day.

The old Day 1 early voting record was around 68,000 which was set on the first day of the 2016 presidential election.

Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins has been expecting a record turnout in this election.

He’s also added a record number of early voting locations with a 122 in total. That’s nearly triple the old record from 2016.

Ten drive-thru voting sites like the one outside NRG Arena are new to Texas, too.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/po...t-opening-day/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Related:

Texas adds 1.8M registered voters since 2016 presidential election

A record 16.9 million Texans are registered to vote in the Nov. 3 election, according to the latest data from the Texas secretary of state’s office.

It’s an increase of about 1.8 million voters since the 2016 presidential election, when 15 million, or 78.2% of the state’s voting-age population, registered to vote.

The latest figure, released Monday, accounted for 78.3% percent of the state’s roughly 21.5 million eligible voters, although it’s not the final statewide registration number ahead of the Nov. 3 election. The official count is expected in the coming days, according to secretary of state officials.

The number grew by nearly 300,000 from two weeks ago, the last time the agency reported registration figures.

The deadline to register to vote was Oct. 5. Early voting started Tuesday and runs through Oct. 30.

Nearly all eligible voters in Travis County were registered to vote this year, according to Travis County Tax Assessor-Collector Bruce Elfant.

Of the county’s more than 850,000 eligible voters, a record 97% of them are registered to vote in the Nov. 3 general election, Elfant said.

That’s a 17.2% increase since the 2016 presidential election, when Travis County had about 725,000 registered voters, according to the secretary of state’s office.

Other Central Texas counties saw the number of registered voters grow by more than 24% since 2016, among the highest increases in the state.

Williamson County jumped from 300,000 to more than 375,000 registered voters, a more than 25% increase.

Hays County saw a 24% increase and Comal County saw a more than 25% bump.

The figures come despite lagging new voter registrations in some of Texas’ biggest counties, including Travis, when the coronavirus pandemic first hit Texas.

READ MORE: Voter registration has flatlined in big urban counties

Bexar County increased from 1 million to nearly 1.2 million, or a 13.1% increase in registered voters since 2016.

Harris County saw an 11% increase, while Dallas County saw an 8.5% increase.

The Texas Democratic Party says there are promising signs that Texas could elect the first Democratic presidential candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1976, pointing to an analysis Tuesday from TargetSmart, a Democratic data firm, which found that 60% of new registered voters are either under the age of 25 or people of color.

“As one of the youngest and most diverse states in the country, the electorate in Texas has fundamentally shifted over the past few years,” party executive director Manny Garcia said in a statement. “Turnout in the election is expected to break records and Texas Democrats have built a winning coalition of voters because we have earned the trust of Texans.”

Also on the line: a U.S. Senate seat; a dozen congressional seats, all but two of them held by Democrats, that national political experts say could switch party hands; and the Texas House, where Democrats must flip nine seats to become the majority.

But Republicans say they expect to win the down the line, and retain control of the Texas House. President Donald Trump’s campaign has hosted a flurry of events and ramped up its field operation in the state over the past couple months, mindful that a Trump victory must go through Texas. There would be no path to a Trump victory without winning Texas.

But with polling showing the presidential contest in Texas close, the Biden campaign is boosting ad spending and campaign appearances in the state.

As Jill Biden, wife of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, campaigned in El Paso, Dallas and Houston on Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the Trump campaign said Democrats were “wasting their time in Texas.”

“Nevertheless, we welcome them to light their money on fire because Texas will reelect President Trump on Nov. 3,” Samantha Cotten said in a statement Tuesday.
    https://www.statesman.com/news/20201...ntial-election

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the wing nuts have checked in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the wing nuts have checked in.
    Sorry this is happening to you

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Just voted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too.

5 minutes, hassle-free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nationally, voters have cast 8.6% of the total votes counted in the 2016 general election.
    https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Related:

Texas adds 1.8M registered voters since 2016 presidential election

A record 16.9 million Texans are registered to vote in the Nov. 3 election, according to the latest data from the Texas secretary of state’s office.

It’s an increase of about 1.8 million voters since the 2016 presidential election, when 15 million, or 78.2% of the state’s voting-age population, registered to vote.

The latest figure, released Monday, accounted for 78.3% percent of the state’s roughly 21.5 million eligible voters, although it’s not the final statewide registration number ahead of the Nov. 3 election. The official count is expected in the coming days, according to secretary of state officials.

The number grew by nearly 300,000 from two weeks ago, the last time the agency reported registration figures.

The deadline to register to vote was Oct. 5. Early voting started Tuesday and runs through Oct. 30.

Nearly all eligible voters in Travis County were registered to vote this year, according to Travis County Tax Assessor-Collector Bruce Elfant.

Of the county’s more than 850,000 eligible voters, a record 97% of them are registered to vote in the Nov. 3 general election, Elfant said.

That’s a 17.2% increase since the 2016 presidential election, when Travis County had about 725,000 registered voters, according to the secretary of state’s office.

Other Central Texas counties saw the number of registered voters grow by more than 24% since 2016, among the highest increases in the state.

Williamson County jumped from 300,000 to more than 375,000 registered voters, a more than 25% increase.

Hays County saw a 24% increase and Comal County saw a more than 25% bump.

The figures come despite lagging new voter registrations in some of Texas’ biggest counties, including Travis, when the coronavirus pandemic first hit Texas.

READ MORE: Voter registration has flatlined in big urban counties

Bexar County increased from 1 million to nearly 1.2 million, or a 13.1% increase in registered voters since 2016.

Harris County saw an 11% increase, while Dallas County saw an 8.5% increase.

The Texas Democratic Party says there are promising signs that Texas could elect the first Democratic presidential candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1976, pointing to an analysis Tuesday from TargetSmart, a Democratic data firm, which found that 60% of new registered voters are either under the age of 25 or people of color.

“As one of the youngest and most diverse states in the country, the electorate in Texas has fundamentally shifted over the past few years,” party executive director Manny Garcia said in a statement. “Turnout in the election is expected to break records and Texas Democrats have built a winning coalition of voters because we have earned the trust of Texans.”

Also on the line: a U.S. Senate seat; a dozen congressional seats, all but two of them held by Democrats, that national political experts say could switch party hands; and the Texas House, where Democrats must flip nine seats to become the majority.

But Republicans say they expect to win the down the line, and retain control of the Texas House. President Donald Trump’s campaign has hosted a flurry of events and ramped up its field operation in the state over the past couple months, mindful that a Trump victory must go through Texas. There would be no path to a Trump victory without winning Texas.

But with polling showing the presidential contest in Texas close, the Biden campaign is boosting ad spending and campaign appearances in the state.

As Jill Biden, wife of Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, campaigned in El Paso, Dallas and Houston on Tuesday, a spokeswoman for the Trump campaign said Democrats were “wasting their time in Texas.”

“Nevertheless, we welcome them to light their money on fire because Texas will reelect President Trump on Nov. 3,” Samantha Cotten said in a statement Tuesday.
    https://www.statesman.com/news/20201...ntial-election
    Loloooolloppopppppppoo

Trigger time

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long until Abbot shuts that down?

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    How long until Abbot shuts that down?
    He is trying to now shut down the drive through voting. But the county set up well to where there are some 24 hour places to go and vote

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second straight day of massive lines being reported in Texas and Atlanta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too.

5 minutes, hassle-free.
    They gave us a free disposable paper stylus so we didn't have to touch the touch screen. I am sooo keeping that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They gave us a free disposable paper stylus so we didn't have to touch the touch screen. I am sooo keeping that.
    Finger cots at the place I went.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HOUSTON — Harris County has shattered its opening day record for early voting turnout.

They broke it just before 2 p.m. Tuesday with several hours left to go before polls close for the day.

Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins has been expecting a record turnout in this election.

He’s also added a record number of early voting locations with a 122 in total. That’s nearly triple the old record from 2016.

Ten drive-thru voting sites like the one outside NRG Arena are new to Texas, too.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/po...t-opening-day/

With everyone working from home why not vote early?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm back at work but will cast my vote Friday

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it that the blue team is relishing a large voter turn out.
    i’m thinking the red team should be elated as well as the American public will cast votes at a higher percentage?

oh forgot...

most of the new registrations are fake...
    illegals and other s of the earth

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With everyone working from home why not vote early?
    you know everyone says Trump is the best president ever.
    and everyone is talking about it.
    everyone says so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know everyone says Trump is the best president ever.
    and everyone is talking about it.
    everyone says so
    clambake said so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me too.

5 minutes, hassle-free.
    took me an hour, not too bad

The guy behind me had a red tee shirt, looked new, unwashed, with Trump all over it.

As we got close to the library door, the security guard said he couldn't go in, so he took it off and worse inside out.

I, otoh, with my white mask and magic marker "F Trump" was allowed.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    clambake said so.
    Rent free in the fat zone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rent free in the fat zone
    You are the fat zone, fatty. You heralded Trump as the GOAT. It's your scarlet letter, wear it proudly.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Sure thing, fatty

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got mine done, 30 minutes saw alot of flag gaiters so at least those assholes wore something on their face

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loloooolloppopppppppoo

Trigger time

Thread Information