My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    lol running backs.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lol running backs.
    second contracts almost never work out unless they're truly special like adrian peterson, LT, etc

otherwise just draft them, maybe franchise tag them for 1 year past that, then repeat. raiders have jacobs for 5 years on his rookie deal. would make no sense to give him a big contract. hope they dont, even though i love him

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Why even be a running back. Just be a receiver or DB or linebacker and get paidd

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Why even be a running back. Just be a receiver or DB or linebacker and get paidd
    You get the most touches outside QB.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    second contracts almost never work out unless they're truly special like adrian peterson, LT, etc

otherwise just draft them, maybe franchise tag them for 1 year past that, then repeat. raiders have jacobs for 5 years on his rookie deal. would make no sense to give him a big contract. hope they dont, even though i love him
    If I'm a gm I just do what the pats do and pick up scrubs every year

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Exactly, I don't even know if wasting high draft picks on running backs is worth it. Well, there's a reason the Patriots are the Patriots.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    they used a first round pick on sony michel in 2018 and a 3rd round pick on damien harris in 2019

Yeah I don't get it either. Every play you're being thrown into a sea of big, angry black men who want to rip your head off. Concussions, injuries, and putting your body through l every week to pretty much guarantee you won't be able to walk after football is over. I just don't see the appeal of playing the position either tbh. Especially these days when you have such a short earning window in comparison to other positions

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    they used a first round pick on sony michel in 2018 and a 3rd round pick on damien harris in 2019
    I mean yeah I'm just referring to the perception.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Steelers getting the last laugh

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    This was predictable.

Both he and Antonio Brown tanked their careers by quitting on the Steelers. Dumbasses.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Imagine sitting out your entire 26-year-old season when you're healthy with the hope of getting more money...and then not getting more money. And now you haven't played as much, and you'll never be as good as you were before.

It's almost like that was obviously going to happen.

And this er did this at the same time as Kawhi did it to the Spurs, so I'm extra bitter.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Imagine sitting out your entire 26-year-old season when you're healthy with the hope of getting more money...and then not getting more money. And now you haven't played as much, and you'll never be as good as you were before.

It's almost like that was obviously going to happen.

And this er did this at the same time as Kawhi did it to the Spurs, so I'm extra bitter.
    Difference is the Steelers really haven't missed a beat with Conner. Just adds credibility that an oline is the most important part of any offense outside an elite QB.

My Team
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Post Count
    Difference is the Steelers really haven't missed a beat with Conner. Just adds credibility that an oline is the most important part of any offense outside an elite QB.
    That's true. Yet I still feel a sense of schadenfreude for Bell's downfall.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's true. Yet I still feel a sense of schadenfreude for Bell's downfall.
    Bend over, I’ll ing make you feel schadenfreude.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Welp, guess he boutta get that ring and call it a career.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, Clyde is a good scatback, change of pace outside the tackles guy, but he's proven to be inadequate as a bell cow since the end of week 1.

I've said it for a very long time now; the Chiefs have sorely missed the Kareem Hunt element in their offense for a long time now (about a year and a half) and their offense has suffered (they surely beat the Patriots in '18-19 playoffs with Hunt instead of Damien Williams, who isn't too much different from Clyde honestly.

Hunt took the heat off Mahomes and was certainly a HUGE catalyst in Mahomes '18 MVP run. Without Hunt the Chiefs instantly got worse and began to struggle to win games, whereas with Hunt they were beating everybody by 4 scores. Mahomes is amazing but even he can't do it all on his own. Damien Williams and CEH are not bell cows and not serious short yardage threats. Even a Legarrette Blount type would have been a better short down back than Williams/CEH, but the Chiefs haven't had much choice since jettisoning Hunt.

Bell absolutely provides the same dynamism to the equation that Hunt did (maybe even an upgrade over Hunt if that is possible), that almost any other back in the league doesn't.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Yeah, Clyde is a good scatback, change of pace outside the tackles guy, but he's proven to be inadequate as a bell cow since the end of week 1.

I've said it for a very long time now; the Chiefs have sorely missed the Kareem Hunt element in their offense for a long time now (about a year and a half) and their offense has suffered (they surely beat the Patriots in '18-19 playoffs with Hunt instead of Damien Williams, who isn't too much different from Clyde honestly.

Hunt took the heat off Mahomes and was certainly a HUGE catalyst in Mahomes '18 MVP run. Without Hunt the Chiefs instantly got worse and began to struggle to win games, whereas with Hunt they were beating everybody by 4 scores. Mahomes is amazing but even he can't do it all on his own. Damien Williams and CEH are not bell cows and not serious short yardage threats. Even a Legarrette Blount type would have been a better short down back than Williams/CEH, but the Chiefs haven't had much choice since jettisoning Hunt.

Bell absolutely provides the same dynamism to the equation that Hunt did (maybe even an upgrade over Hunt if that is possible), that almost any other back in the league doesn't.
    I grade this post a D+

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I grade this post a D+
    how so? Bell as of 2017 was a rich man's KC Hunt, and KC Hunt was a monster

Damien Williams and CEH get stuffed on the goal line and 3rd and short situations... Hunt was an automatic TD or first down. Bell always was in PIT, too.

Damien Williams and CEH get stuffed on the goal line and 3rd and short situations... Hunt was an automatic TD or first down. Bell always was in PIT, too.
    Bell looks washed

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    any back, Derrick Henry included, would look "washed" behind that Jets sorry offensive line and that sorry scheme

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Hunt got 100 yards rushing one time all season long and there was never a game where he led the chiefs in receiving in 2018.

You're reaching for some reason.

Thread Information