My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "A study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has found that masks or cloth face coverings do little to prevent someone from contracting the novel coronavirus..."

Yeah no , Clouseau. The rest of us figured this out in March.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And lol "focus on the family"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summary: What is already known about the topic?

Community and close contact exposures contribute to thespread of COVID-19.

What is added by this report?

Findings from a case-control investigation of symptomatic outpatients from 11 U.S. health care facilities found that close contact with persons with known COVID-19 or going to locations that offer on-site eating and drinking options were associated with COVID-19 positivity. Adults with positiveSARS-CoV-2 test results were approximately twice as likely tohave reported dining at a restaurant than were those with negative SARS-CoV-2 test results.

What are the implications for public health practice?

Eating and drinking on-site at locations that offer such options might be important risk factors associated with SARS-CoV-2infection. Efforts to reduce possible exposures where mask use and social distancing are difficult to maintain, such as when eating and drinking, should be considered to protect customers, employees, and communities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Masks cannot be effectively used while eating and drinking."

Nowhere does the study say mask use is contraindicated for the prevention of COVID-19.

There are a few caveats, too:

The findings in this report are subject to at least five limitations. First, the sample included 314 symptomatic patients whoactively sought testing during July 1–29, 2020 at 11 healthcare facilities. Symptomatic adults with negative SARS-CoV-2test results might have been infected with other respiratory viruses and had similar exposures to persons with cases of suchillnesses. Persons who did not respond, or refused to participate, could be systematically different from those who wereinterviewed for this investigation. Efforts to age- and sex-matchparticipating case-patients and control-participants were notmaintained because of participants not meeting the eligibilitycriteria, refusing to participate, or not responding, and thiswas accounted for in the analytic approach. Second, unmeasured confounding is possible, such that reported behaviorsmight represent factors, including concurrently participatingin activities where possible exposures could have taken place,that were not included in the analysis or measured in thesurvey. Of note, the question assessing dining at a restaurantdid not distinguish between indoor and outdoor options. Inaddition, the question about going to a bar or coffee shopdid not distinguish between the venues or service deliverymethods, which might represent different exposures. Third,adults in the study were from one of 11 participating healthcare facilities and might not be representative of the UnitedStates population. Fourth, participants were aware of theirSARS-CoV-2 test results, which could have influenced theirresponses to questions about community exposures and closecontacts. Finally, case or control status might be subject tomisclassification because of imperfect sensitivity or specificityof PCR-based testing (9,10).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The argument for mask use was never that it's a silver bullet, but just one of a panoply of non-medical mitigations (social distancing, masks, hand hygiene, avoiding crowded, confined and poorly ventilated spaces, etc.) which, taken together, can reduce the risk of infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol OP is a re , give him a break

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many posters never read past the lede, perhaps some will be amenable to what the study actually says, if they can't be bothered to read it.

(I know there's no getting through to ducks.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is the op author

The last paragraph:

"Though the science seems mixed, 33 states and the District of Columbia mandate face-coverings in public.

You can follow this author on Twitter @MettlerZachary"

The dude looks like he runs a college newspaper. Pretty clear he still doesn't understand the purpose of wearing masks. Like most Trump s.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should talk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is the op author

The last paragraph:

"Though the science seems mixed, 33 states and the District of Columbia mandate face-coverings in public.

You can follow this author on Twitter @MettlerZachary"

The dude looks like he runs a college newspaper. Pretty clear he still doesn't understand the purpose of wearing masks. Like most Trump s.
    Not smart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because tholdren is on your ignore list.
    View Post

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because tholdren is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    BwahhaHHHhahzsdjizitzotzotzotzototzotzotzotzotzotz otzotzotxoyxoyxoyxoyx9yxoyxoyxotx9y9yx9yx9yx9ys9ys 9ys9yd9yx9yx9yx9yd

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BwahhaHHHhahzsdjizitzotzotzotzototzotzotzotzotzotz otzotzotxoyxoyxoyxoyx9yxoyxoyxotx9y9yx9yx9yx9ys9ys 9ys9yd9yx9yx9yx9yd

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lolooooooll

Covid

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lolooooooll

Covid
    Masks make safe

LIookooooooolll

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And lol "focus on the family"
    "Biblically" driven hate group, grifting suckers for $10Ms / year. "It's A Business"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is the proof that Trash-Made Pandemic victims contract C19 WHILE wearing a mask?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is the proof that Trash-Made Pandemic victims contract C19 WHILE wearing a mask?
    Where is the evidence that they weren't? The mask work research, cloth mask, is nowhere to be found in randomized trial. There is one, but being blocked by woke covidbros

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by TimDunkem

Started getting a fever today in addition to the coughing and loss of taste. I called a few places to see if I can get tested. Most said stay home, and others said I need to be referred by a doctor to get one. My job wants me to come in anyway. FML

Thread Information