Page 102 of 147 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3669
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Hunter Biden Consulted for Oil Man Connected to Notorious Congolese Warlord, Emails Show

Hunter Biden consulted for a Nigerian-American businessman who tried to buy gold from a wanted Congolese warlord known as "The Terminator," according to emails from Biden’s abandoned laptop.

Biden arranged introductory meetings in 2011 and 2012 for Kase Lawal, the president of CAMAC International, a Houston-based oil company, and the ambassadors of the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, the emails show. Biden partnered with Mike Axelrod, the son of Obama adviser David Axelrod, on the consulting agreement. Lawal was appointed to serve on President Obama’s international trade advisory board in September 2010. Months later, Lawal paid $10 million to purchase gold from Bosco Ntaganda, a Congolese rebel warlord accused by the International Criminal Court of leading an ethnic cleansing campaign.

The consulting deal is another example of Biden securing international business contracts while his father served as vice president. It also highlights Biden’s penchant for working for scandal-plagued clients. In April 2014, Biden joined the board of Burisma Holdings, whose owner was the subject of an international bribery investigation. Biden also struck a $6 million consulting deal with CEFC China Energy, a conglomerate suspected of having ties to Chinese military intelligence. Biden received $1 million to represent a CEFC official who was indicted on charges of trying to bribe two African officials to secure oil drilling rights in 2012.

Biden, who is currently the target of a federal tax investigation, helped arrange the meetings for Lawal even after news reports surfaced that the United Nations accused the billionaire oilman of trying to purchase gold from Ntaganda. The first reports about the gold deal surfaced in early 2011. Lawal never received the gold after paying Ntaganda, but the United Nations issued a report about his efforts in December 2011. The Guardian published a story about the United Nation findings on Feb. 5, 2012.

The negative publicity for Lawal did not deter Biden from helping the oil mogul arrange meetings with Yousef Al Otaiba, the ambassador of the United Arab Emirates. Emails indicate that Biden met with Al Otaiba and Lawal on Jan. 5, 2012. Biden later wrote to Al Otaiba asking him to arrange a meeting with then-Saudi ambassador Adel al-Jubeir. An email from Feb. 22, 2012, shows that Biden’s business partner, Eric Schwerin, informed Biden that a planned meeting with Lawal and the Saudi diplomat had to be delayed.

According to the laptop emails, CAMAC hired Biden’s private equity firm, Rosemont Seneca, in September 2011 to help carry out an unspecified business transaction. The emails indicate that Axelrod had a prior relationship with CAMAC and Lawal. Mark Doyle, a longtime Biden family associate, helped introduce CAMAC and Lawal to the Biden group. Doyle cofounded the pro-Biden Unite the Country PAC during the 2020 presidential campaign.

Axelrod, Biden, and their partners negotiated with CAMAC representatives about the terms of the consulting deal, emails show. On top of a $30,000 per month fee, they stood to earn five percent of the net profits from the transaction CAMAC was seeking. The deal would seemingly have been helped along by Lawal meeting with diplomats from the United Arab Emirates and oil-rich Saudi Arabia.

A lawyer for Biden did not respond to a request for comment. Axelrod, Doyle, and CAMAC also did not respond to requests for comment.

Lawal invoked his Fifth Amendment rights during a deposition for a civil lawsuit filed against him by the owner of the private airplane Lawal used to fly to Congo. A Texas jury ordered Lawal to pay $32.4 million in October 2012 to the owner of the jet, which was seized by Congolese authorities, the Washington Free Beacon reported at the time. The jury also found that CAMAC and two of its employees violated the U.S. Trading with the Enemy Act.

The International Criminal Court indicted Ntaganda in 2008 on a slew of war crime charges. He was convicted in 2019 and sentenced to 30 years in prison, the longest sentence ever handed down by the court.

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/hun...d-emails-show/

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...still nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...still nothing.
    That rope tsa is giving hunter!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...still nothing.
    He arranged a meeting. (feints)

The horror!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    He arranged a meeting. (feints)

The horror!
    Laptop shows Joe Biden attended meetings between Hunter and his Mexican business partners

At some point the Biden White House will have to confront evidence of the president’s involvement in his son Hunter’s shady overseas business dealings.

Joe Biden insists he never knew a thing about Hunter’s lucrative deals in countries where he wielded influence as vice president.

But evidence abounds on Hunter’s abandoned laptop of Joe’s involvement.

For instance, Joe invited Hunter’s foreign associates to breakfast meetings at his vice presidential residence and to his office in the White House, the laptop shows. He took his son on Air Force Two to countries where Hunter was doing deals, and on at least one occasion, included one of Hunter’s business partners on the trip.

Among more than 100 events scheduled in Hunter’s diary at the VP’s residence at the Naval Observatory in Washington, DC, there are meetings which appear to overlap with Hunter’s business interests.

“Breakfast with Dad — NavObs” is one such meeting recorded for 8:30 a.m. on Nov. 19, 2015. Five photographs date-stamped on that day and taken at 10:03 a.m. and 10:04 a.m. appear on the laptop, showing Joe posing with four of Hunter’s business associates, including Mexican billionaires Carlos Slim and Miguel Alemán Velasco.

One photo also features Velasco’s son Miguel Aleman Magnani, the founder of budget airline Interjet, at whose Acapulco mansion Hunter and wife Kathleen had stayed that March. Jeff Cooper, a longtime Biden family benefactor, who ran one of the largest asbestos litigation firms in the country, Illinois-based SimmonsCooper, also appears along with Hunter.

The photos were taken in the living room of the VP’s residence, which was painted at the time in a daffodil yellow chosen by Jill Biden and featured distinctive paintings by Vermont artist Wolf Kahn on loan from Addison/Ripley Fine Art in Georgetown, which are visible on the wall behind the men. Two floral chairs and a pink-toned silk rug in the photos match the décor of the living room at the time. In the background of one photo, a piano and family photographs can be seen in front of a bay window.

Slim was in town that day, as Politico noted the next day: “SPOTTED: Carlos Slim in the lobby yesterday morning of the Georgetown Four Seasons.”

Cooper and Hunter had been working on energy deals in Mexico and elsewhere in Latin America. A 2013 email from Cooper demonstrates their high expectations of the association with the Aleman dynasty.

“Miguel wants us to go to Mexico City,” he wrote to Hunter on Feb. 26. “This is setting up to be flippin gigantic brother.”

At the time, President Enrique Peña Nieto was reforming Mexico’s energy market to allow private capital investment in state-owned oil and gas monopoly Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex).

Cooper’s association with the Bidens began in 2005 when he started filing multimillion-dollar lawsuits in Delaware in association with Joe’s late son Beau Biden’s firm Bifferato, Gentilotti & Biden. He would make a lot of money from the $30 billion asbestos compensation business, helped by Joe, as leader of the powerful Judiciary Committee, blocking asbestos litigation reform when a bill reached the Senate floor, as Paul Sperry from Real Clear Investigations has reported.

When Joe became vice president, Cooper put Hunter on the board of his venture capital firm Eudora Global, and gave him shares in the business, which netted Hunter around $80,000 a year, do ents on the laptop show. In 2015, Hunter also received a “one-time payment” of $300,000 from Eudora.

SimmonsCooper also put up $1 million in investment capital for Hunter and his uncle Jim Biden’s abortive attempt to run a hedge fund in 2009. When the venture ended, the Bidens returned the money.

Cooper joined the VP’s entourage on Air Force Two to Mexico in 2016, when he and Hunter were trying to negotiate an ill-fated petroleum deal with Aleman Magnani.

At 6 p.m. on Feb. 24, 2016, about an hour after “wheels up” from Joint Base Andrews on the five-hour flight to Mexico City, Hunter wrote a plaintive email to Aleman Magnani using Air Force Two’s secure, high-speed satellite communications channel. He blind-copied Cooper.
    Hunter Biden was quite fond of using then-Vice President Joe Biden as leverage in his numerous su ious foreign business ventures.

“We are arriving late tonight on Air Force 2 to Mx City. I’m attending meeting w/ President N [Peña Nieto] and dad. Would love to see you but you never respond. I am really upset by it . . . I want you at the plane when the VP lands with your Mom and Dad and you completely ignore me.

“I’ve looked at what your family has done and want to follow in that tradition . . . We have been talking about business deals for 7 years. And I really appreciate you letting me stay at your resort villa . . . but I have brought every single person you have ever asked me to bring to the F’ing White House and the Vice President’s house and the inauguration and then you go completely silent . . . You make me feel like I’ve done something to offend you.” Hunter had been useful to Aleman Magnani, apart from three tickets to the Obama-Biden inauguration ball in 2013 and meetings with his dad.

Crucially for a Mexican airline owner wanting to spread his wings, Hunter also set up two meetings for Aleman Magnani with Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx, on March 17, 2014, and Jan. 23, 2015, and a separate meeting with the administrator of the Federal Aviation Authority, emails on the laptop show.

When Cooper asked if he would go to the first Foxx meeting, Hunter replied: “No, but I am calling Sec. Foxx to let him know we are buddies.”

Before the second meeting, Hunter emailed Foxx’s director of scheduling and advance, Laura De Castro: “Miguel Aleman (Interjet Chairman) is a close family friend but I have no business with the company.”

Burisma, the corrupt Ukrainian energy company that was paying Hunter $83,333 to sit on its board, also got involved in his Mexican ventures.

In a 2014 email, Cooper wrote to Hunter: “I met with Miguel [Aleman Magnani] last night. He has set up mtgs with the Secty of Energy and the CEO of Pemex for Jan 12. Is there any chance that anyone from Burisma could attend?”

Hunter later asked Aleman Magnani to intervene with the Mexican government to “smooth out” a visa problem for Burisma’s owner, Nikolai Zlochevskyi. Aleman Magnani does not appear to have assisted.

As a result, Zlochevskyi could not fly to Mexico to finalize a deal Cooper had brokered with Pemex, thus jeopardizing one of Hunter’s most profitable side hustles.

“Going to have to do some serious back pedaling with Burisma,” Hunter emailed Cooper on Feb. 16, 2015. “Most likely jeopardizes my board position.”

“I am shocked Miguel didn’t come through at crunch time,” replied Cooper. “. . . they clearly value the relationship with your family AND they know they could sustain serious damage here by making enemies with you . . . Maybe a call from you or your dad to his dad? Maybe that shakes things loose. Whaddya think?”

No reply can be found on the laptop, but Hunter knows that his arrival with his dad on Air Force Two the following year will demonstrate his clout to prospective Mexican business partners.

Nothing “shakes things lose” abroad quite so profitably as jetting in on the White House bird.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/30/laptop...-biz-meetings/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the laptop with the non-existant do ented chain of custody says some
    If I had tried posting some stupid with this level of stupidity about Trump, you would never let me live it down.

You're adorable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...still nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Among more than 100 events scheduled in Hunter’s diary at the VP’s residence at the Naval Observatory in Washington, DC, there are meetings which appear to overlap with Hunter’s business interests.
    But hey, let's roll with it, and assume that this is fairly accurate.

Why are conflicts of interest bad, TSA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So...still nothing.
    TSA is very, very worried about the VP's son's conflicts of interest, it seems.

I too share concerns about conflicts of interest, especially when it comes to the president and vice-presidents relations.

We have that in common. It will be fun discussing our mutual concern about such things.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The only way you could think this was some stupid is if you thought the emails and pictures from the laptop were forged and planted on there by someone other than Hunter.

If I had tried posting some stupid with this level of stupidity about Trump, you would never let me live it down.

You're adorable.
    The president's son left his 2017 MacBook Pro laptop at a Wilmington, Delaware computer repair shop in April 2019 and never returned for it.

Emails leaked from the computer sparked a scandal before the 2020 presidential election in October, but were dismissed as Russian disinformation by the Bidens and other senior Democrats, social media giants Twitter and Facebook, and several major media organizations.

After obtaining a copy of the hard drive, DailyMail.com commissioned top cyber forensics experts Maryman & Associates to analyze its data and determine whether the laptop's contents were real.

The firm's founder, Brad Maryman, is a 29-year FBI veteran Supervisory Special Agent who served as an Information Security Officer and founded its first computer forensics lab.

Maryman and his business partner Dr. Joseph Greenfield used the same forensic tools to pick apart the drive as federal and state law enforcement use in criminal investigations, and prepared a report for DailyMail.com.

The report said the data on the drive 'appear to be authentic', and that after an extensive search of its contents for any tell-tale signs of tampering, Maryman and Greenfield found 'no evidence' of fabrication – by Russians or anyone else.

'The data on the system before April 2019 appears to be related to Mr. Biden, with timestamps appearing to be between 2016 and 2019,' the Maryman and Associates report said.

'The operating system timestamps appear to be authentic, and no evidence was found to suggest that the timestamps or data were altered or manufactured. No indications were found that would indicate the data was manufactured.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-revealed.html

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    TSA is very, very worried about the VP's son's conflicts of interest, it seems.

I too share concerns about conflicts of interest, especially when it comes to the president and vice-presidents relations.

We have that in common. It will be fun discussing our mutual concern about such things.
    If you shared concerns about the President's son's conflicts of interest you would actually discuss them and not deflect with Trump whataboutism.

Biden President not Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way you could think this was some stupid is if you thought the emails and pictures from the laptop were forged and planted on there by someone other than Hunter.
    Why would that be the only way to think that?

IMO, while this certainly ends any political pursuit that Hunter might've had, the timing of the release of this 'scandal' reeks of smear job. The fact that not even Trump's DOJ would touch it with a 10 foot pole also reeks of the usual con job.

I mean, this was a sloppy as political op as well, something you would think a re like Giuliani put together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSAnon can't even suggest a crime was committed.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Why would that be the only way to think that?

IMO, while this certainly ends any political pursuit that Hunter might've had, the timing of the release of this 'scandal' reeks of smear job. The fact that not even Trump's DOJ would touch it with a 10 foot pole also reeks of the usual con job.

I mean, this was a sloppy as political op as well, something you would think a re like Giuliani put together.
    Trump's DOJ touched it...and the investigation is still active from what I can find.

Hunter Biden's taxes under investigation by US attorney's office in Delaware

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/3869793001/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe don jr needs regular drug testing, being that he is trump’s alleged son, and tsa is looking into political family members.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you shared concerns about the President's son's conflicts of interest you would actually discuss them and not deflect with Trump whataboutism.

Why are conflicts of interest bad, TSA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you concerned about any president's conflicts of interest?

Or just the current president's relatives' conflicts of interest?

Just want to be clear how much our interests align.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing burger measuring contests

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you concerned about any president's conflicts of interest?

Or just the current president's relatives' conflicts of interest?

Just want to be clear how much our interests align.
    we all know the answer

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wait until TSA starts to look into the Britney case!

Then it might be

GAME OVER!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we all know the answer
    Yup.

I am happy to admit that all conflicts of interest are bad, no matter who does them, Biden, or Trump.

TSA will not admit Trump not only had conflicts of interest, but also outright appears to have acted on at least one.

The kabuki will go:

I will say that I think all are bad, and invite TSA to say something similar.
    He will deflect with some personal attack, because he cannot admit anything bad about Trump, no matter how obvious or aggregious.
    I will restate all are bad, and invite him to say conflicts of interest no matter who does them, are bad.
    He will deflect.
    We will go a few rounds, until he admits they are bad, because refusing to admit they are bad means he can't keep credibly attacking a Democrat and will insist that we ONLY talk about that.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yup.

I am happy to admit that all conflicts of interest are bad, no matter who does them, Biden, or Trump.

TSA will not admit Trump not only had conflicts of interest, but also outright appears to have acted on at least one.

The kabuki will go:

I will say that I think all are bad, and invite TSA to say something similar.
    He will deflect with some personal attack, because he cannot admit anything bad about Trump, no matter how obvious or aggregious.
    I will restate all are bad, and invite him to say conflicts of interest no matter who does them, are bad.
    He will deflect.
    We will go a few rounds, until he admits they are bad, because refusing to admit they are bad means he can't keep credibly attacking a Democrat and will insist that we ONLY talk about that.
    I've already said any conflict of interest is bad when you asked me years ago.

You admit all conflict of interests are bad yet refuse to talk about the subject of the thread you're in and instead have either said it was Russian disinformation, hacked, forged, or deflected with whataboutisms on the Trumps. Don't believe me check your post history in this thread it's literally all you've done.

You are only concerned about the former President's conflicts of interest and this thread provides all the needed receipts to back that. You're a ing joke dude

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if there were any equivalence between Trash and his crime family and what-about? Hunter Biden

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    nothing burger measuring contests
    posts a video of himself here weightlifting in a nothing burger measuring contest with Avante

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    posts a video of himself here weightlifting in a nothing burger measuring contest with Avante

That BEAR loves looking for his next (victim) to blow on Facebook tbh.

Thread Information