Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas GOP's last-minute challenge to curbside, drive-thru voting in Harris County dismissed
    https://www.chron.com/news/election2...e-15647142.php

and:

Texas voters will have only 1 ballot drop-off box per county, federal appeals court rules
    https://www.chron.com/news/election2...f-15644071.php

-------

They aren't even trying to hide their efforts to keep Democrats from voting. They are outright attempting to win by cheating and making the process are difficult and unfair as possible.

ers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early voting begins on Oct. 13 and lasts until Oct. 30, meaning there’s more time than usual to cast a ballot in Texas.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued a proclamation for an extended early voting period to give people more flexibility with casting their ballots during the coronavirus crisis.

With nearly 50 polling locations in Bexar County open daily, and staying open until 10 p.m. during the last week of early voting, residents will have options to safely cast a ballot.

The additional time and locations will help with the county’s surge of registered voters this cycle. As of Monday, the county recorded 1.18 million registered voters, about 125,000 more registered voters than the 2016 general election.

^voter suppression.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Early voting begins on Oct. 13 and lasts until Oct. 30, meaning there’s more time than usual to cast a ballot in Texas.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued a proclamation for an extended early voting period to give people more flexibility with casting their ballots during the coronavirus crisis.

With nearly 50 polling locations in Bexar County open daily, and staying open until 10 p.m. during the last week of early voting, residents will have options to safely cast a ballot.

The additional time and locations will help with the county’s surge of registered voters this cycle. As of Monday, the county recorded 1.18 million registered voters, about 125,000 more registered voters than the 2016 general election.

^voter suppression.

ONE ballot drop box per county....

ONE box for 4 million-plus Harris county voters....

ONE party encourages everyone to vote

ONE party does everything it can possibly do to discourage people from casting a ballot.

nuff sed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^voter suppression.
    Dishonest lying , as usual.

Yes, or no, dishonest lying , if you limit mail in drop box to one per county, and the county with the largest democratic population has more people voting than 20+ STATES, will that cause delays?

yes or no. Evade, and you prove me right about you being a dishonest lying .

After you answer that, or not:
    If you increase access to voting in all areas, then seek to actively limit voting in areas where you won't win, are you suppressing voters? Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ONE ballot drop box per county....

ONE box for 4 million-plus Harris county voters....

ONE party encourages everyone to vote

ONE party does everything it can possibly do to discourage people from casting a ballot.

nuff sed

For Harris county:

There are currently more than 100 early voting locations on the county's list, including some large venues like the Toyota Center and NRG Arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Harris county:

There are currently more than 100 early voting locations on the county's list, including some large venues like the Toyota Center and NRG Arena.
    Who gets to decide how many early voting locations there will be in Harris county, a Republican, or a Democrat, dishonest lying ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both suppressed and shattering records

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10294619

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

^voter suppression.
    So much dumb contained within one post. Drink up, black lung.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Harris county:

yes because ONE party saw the other party suppressing the vote, filing lawsuits to suppress votes, create a false narrative that the election was rigged and pushed russian propaganda...

the ONE party sprung into action to create EASIER ways to vote and the response was

more lawsuits from Republicans to CEASE the drive thru voting....

the fact that Dems became pro-active to help people vote

does not excuse the voter suppression and ery of your party

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I don't expect an honest answer from a dishonest lying , so I looked it up.

Christopher Hollins
    Christopher George Hollins is an American Democratic Party official and personal injury attorney who currently serves as the interim County Clerk and the Chief Elections Officer of Harris County, Texas.
    The answer is, a Democrat gets to decide how many polling places to have for Harris County: 100+

...and a Republican gets to decide how many mail-in drop boxes there are for Harris County: 1

If you are a dishonest lying , you will avoid acknowledging those facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you dodged the question, dishonest lying .

Ok. I didn't expect you to suddenly be concerned about fairness or generally not being evil. You are pretty devoted to lying and evil, I don't expect you to change now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    For Harris county:

Many of which Abbott is trying to get shut down in court. The early voting effort in Harris County was because of work done at the county level and also done in spite of Abbott's efforts to suppress votes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you increase access to voting in all areas, then seek to actively limit voting in areas where you won't win, are you suppressing voters? Yes or no.

Dodge= admit that Randomguy is right about you being a dishonest lying .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [repeats a bad argument, as if he doesn't realize how it is bad and/or dishonest]
    Speaking of dishonest lying s.

If you increase access to voting in all areas, then seek to actively limit voting in areas where you won't win, are you suppressing voters? Yes or no, sophist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued a proclamation for an extended early voting period to give people more flexibility with casting their ballots during the coronavirus crisis."

I guess he wanted to suppress voting longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 10-15-2020 at 01:32 PM. Reason: nah. rule one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dodge= admit that Randomguy is right about you being a dishonest lying .
    "Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued a proclamation for an extended early voting period to give people more flexibility with casting their ballots during the coronavirus crisis."

I guess he wanted to suppress voting longer.
    Not an answer, dishonest lying .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    when Abbott does 5 different things that suppress votes and 1 thing that doesn't suppress votes, Karrin thinks the 1 thing makes it so the other 5 things don't matter.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no defending this. Attempts to spin it because "Durr it's still easy to vote in pursun" aren't arguments in favor of the reduction of drop off locations. You can't defend that because there's no defense. You only favor it because it helps your team, and that makes you a gutless shill.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    UPDATE - the ADL found a state law Abbott's 1 dropbox per county rule violated, and a Travis County State Court ruled that it has, and I think since it's a state law the 5th circuit decision doesn't apply. My prediction is that the Texas 3rd Court of Appeals upholds the ruling but Texas Supreme Court might reverse it.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10...-sites-travis/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when Abbott does 5 different things that suppress votes and 1 thing that doesn't suppress votes, Karrin thinks the 1 thing makes it so the other 5 things don't matter.
    Eyup.

These asshats better hope that the Democrats treat them better when they gain control of the state government than they treat the opposition when they have power. At this point, I don't see that happening.

Their salty tears when they suddenly care about gerrymandering or state govenrment closing polling places in Republican-controlled areas will be delicious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no defending this. Attempts to spin it because "Durr it's still easy to vote in pursun" aren't arguments in favor of the reduction of drop off locations. You can't defend that because there's no defense. You only favor it because it helps your team, and that makes you a gutless .
    FIFY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again Darrin shows the whole forum that he has no ing clue what he's talking about.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UPDATE - the ADL found a state law Abbott's 1 dropbox per county rule violated, and a Travis County State Court ruled that it has, and I think since it's a state law the 5th circuit decision doesn't apply. My prediction is that the Texas 3rd Court of Appeals upholds the ruling but Texas Supreme Court might reverse it.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10...-sites-travis/
    Honestly people just need to vote in person. Don't leave your vote in the hands of partisan courts and corrupt leadership. They've shown they'll do whatever it takes to suppress the vote, even by objectively illegal means, and at this point nobody's stopping them. See California.

Thread Information