Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m pretty anti-Kawhi after the he pulled but this article is so stupid. It’s the same thing when Avery Johnson talked and then got his ass kicked out of San Antonio. Like Lue Williams went to a ing strip joint during Covid Lockdown knowing full well that it would harm his team and still did it. Idgaf what he says about Kawhi. And Bev is about as garbage a point guard as they come. If he didn’t up Westbricks knee I don’t think he would be a starter. He is the all talk type of player. Everyone runs a train on his ass. Also who tf is Harrell? Like I know him just bc he was traded for CP3 but has anyone actually seen him play? I don’t even remember him in the playoffs. Clips will be dangerous if they clean house. They keep these same losers then they will just be second round fodder
    Kawhi is just an easy target. Cause hes an autistic face.

Im sure Jordan could arrive drunk late and naked to the teams plane and nobody would say .

Still. Glad Spurs let him go he definitely does not fit Spurs org standards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is just an easy target. Cause hes an autistic face.

Im sure Jordan could arrive drunk late and naked to the teams plane and nobody would say .

Still. Glad Spurs let him go he definitely does not fit Spurs org standards
    I was the only person on Spurstalk who said to let him walk I didn’t want to give him the max. Especially for 60 games a year

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was the only person on Spurstalk who said to let him walk I didn’t want to give him the max. Especially for 60 games a year
    Even for 60 games a year the max is worth it. At least until we found out that he might not be able to make it through a full postseason anymore.

The supermax is a much different story, and Number Two was never going to take anything less than that from the Spurs. As bad as the trade looked at the time (and sometimes still does), it's looking like the Spurs sold at the right time. The alternative was having him out for another year and then leaving anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even for 60 games a year the max is worth it. At least until we found out that he might not be able to make it through a full postseason anymore.

The supermax is a much different story, and Number Two was never going to take anything less than that from the Spurs. As bad as the trade looked at the time (and sometimes still does), it's looking like the Spurs sold at the right time. The alternative was having him out for another year and then leaving anyway.
    No, they should have traded him the RS deadline before the summer, the rumored offers were much more interesting back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sorry for the mistake. I meant the Super-Max. In my eyes, that is a franchise killer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lue is a softie no way is he going to be able to stand up to Kawhi. Lue is what I call a "yes man".
    That's not going to go over well with the team either. Athletes, especially millionaires, are going to continue to call out his bull I'm thinking. It's locker-room poison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even with 60 games a year its worth it, u dont play him on b2bs, u dont play him against scrub teams.. if ur roster without kawhi cant beat scrub teams, that explains more about the players then him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m pretty anti-Kawhi after the he pulled but this article is so stupid. It’s the same thing when Avery Johnson talked and then got his ass kicked out of San Antonio. Like Lue Williams went to a ing strip joint during Covid Lockdown knowing full well that it would harm his team and still did it. Idgaf what he says about Kawhi. And Bev is about as garbage a point guard as they come. If he didn’t up Westbricks knee I don’t think he would be a starter. He is the all talk type of player. Everyone runs a train on his ass. Also who tf is Harrell? Like I know him just bc he was traded for CP3 but has anyone actually seen him play? I don’t even remember him in the playoffs. Clips will be dangerous if they clean house. They keep these same losers then they will just be second round fodder
    It's starts from the top with Kawhi's crappy leadership. What made Duncan a great leader was he lead by example and brought his teammates togther. He was always the first person to come in the gym and the last to leave. He played in every game he could play in. Keep in mind Pop didn't start load managing Duncan until Duncan was way past his prime and by then his teammates understood his load managing was legit and due to age. You didn't see Duncan being a deliberate jackass by coming late for team flights just to let his teammates know that they were beneath him. Duncan also didn't isolate himself from his teammates and tried to hardly ever acknowledge their presence in the locker room. These little things matter it allowed for the Spurs to have great chemistry and a winning culture. So when you do the things Kawhi does it's going to alienate guys and you will see guys like Montrez-Bev-Lou do the things they do because in their mind they are thinking why the should I bust my ass for this guy when he's being lazy and doesn't respect me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy Castleberry too. That fat Raymond felton looking sucking off Kawhi's balls for a paycheck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's talk about PG13, Kawhi and LA situation. I don't have all of the specifics but here's what I do know from reaching out across the board in the last couple of months on that situation.

1. Kawhi has rubbed a number of his teammates the wrong way. Many questioning his work ethic and reliability. This is not new. This happened in San Antonio, Toronto, and now LA. That said, everyone RESPECTS Leonard. When it matters, he always there and shows up.

2. PG13 has been having issues with teammates going back to Indy. Many think he thinks he's better than what he really is. He's not consistent. He gets too many nicks and while teammates thinks he works hard, they don't see him as a 1A or 2B. They see him as an extremely gifted 2C. That said, many saw Jimmy Butler like this as well and just look when he finally ended up in the perfect situation. PG13 doesn't have the respect of his locker room and hasn't for awhile. Even teams noted, they got better when he gets traded. That said, he's gotten traded for some excellent packages. It's not like he's been traded for potato salad.

3. Both Kawhi and PG13 have asked for a star PG in particular, Chris Paul. The issue is, CP3 salary makes it extremely difficult and it will gut their roster as their assets was gutted by the same team a season earlier. Also, doesn't OKC want that package. The good in the matter is CP3 wants to go to a contender and OKC have granted CP3 that they won't get in the way if they are reasonably compensated. They are also said to be looking at LaMelo Ball and James Wiseman in a larger role than you would normally see for a team without a lottery much less 1st round pick. While LAC has trade capital, there players outside of the two stars, aren't exactly going to bring you back a great deal in return. This is what's going on behind the scenes.

4. Teammates want to run it back but many of said PG is the one that can be moved to get the squad more. Most know trades will be made but most want to stay. As much as Leonard has a part in their lack of chemistry, they don't think he's not added value. This isn't unsual either, Russ Westbrook who is extremely optimistic always thinks his teams have a chance for the le actually went to OKC brass and said this team has reached it's peak with PG. He is always too optimistic and when he said that, that's a red flag. Indy teammates felt like Oladipo and Sabonis was a clear upgrade. Like I am saying, there is red flags around PG. No one is saying it but I don't exactly think Kawhi believes in PG like that either. Obviously no one will because that will kill his trade value.

5. For ANY team that trades for him, buyer beware. Facts are: Hard worker, smart guy, tremendous talent, elite shooting stroke, elite rhythm guy, and a smart and heady defensive player with tremendous tools but doesn't make the best decisions, can't really create for himself when it matters, inconsistent, isn't easy to work with for teammates, and has some communication issues which has been stated by former players on Indy, OKC, and now LAC. Kawhi offers issues as well but everyone knows when he plays, what to expect and they know you can win with him.

So while I don't have all of the specifics, I know this much which is why Paul George being available for this type of package is understandable to me regardless of anything else.

More than anything, I would think LA is offering this to MIN because well, PG13 is an UFA next year and they don't want to lose him and Kawhi for nothing but more importantly they don't want to lose Kawhi AT ALL.
    I'm really shocked at the bolded part. This guy came into the league as role player low draft pick and became elite/mvp type player but apparently people are questioning his work ethic.

And at all George Paul's part

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's starts from the top with Kawhi's crappy leadership. What made Duncan a great leader was he lead by example and brought his teammates togther. He was always the first person to come in the gym and the last to leave. He played in every game he could play in. Keep in mind Pop didn't start load managing Duncan until Duncan was way past his prime and by then his teammates understood his load managing was legit and due to age. You didn't see Duncan being a deliberate jackass by coming late for team flights just to let his teammates know that they were beneath him. Duncan also didn't isolate himself from his teammates and tried to hardly ever acknowledge their presence in the locker room. These little things matter it allowed for the Spurs to have great chemistry and a winning culture. So when you do the things Kawhi does it's going to alienate guys and you will see guys like Montrez-Bev-Lou do the things they do because in their mind they are thinking why the should I bust my ass for this guy when he's being lazy and doesn't respect me.
    totally agree

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really shocked at the bolded part. This guy came into the league as role player low draft pick and became elite/mvp type player but apparently people are questioning his work ethic.

And at all George Paul's part
    Work ethic doesn't mean only what you do to improve your game and skills, but also your behavior with your teammates, coach and owners...simply because part of your work in a team game is to make the team (not only yourself) better and able to win it all, and for doing so you need to elevate the game and spirit of your teammates, you need to follow your coach, you have to be a positive push for the people that are paying you.
    Leading by example mean this, more than all, also if the way you show your leadership can be different...for sure the Duncan's one was different from the Jordan's one or the James's one.
    But in any case you can't avoid that part of the work ethic, nobody can if they want to be the leader of a winning team, nor Jordan nor James...And Kawhi its never exactly been till now a player able and devote to elevate the teammates game (like Duncan was) nor a do it all player as Jordan or James...never reached till now that level of playing. With the Spurs he wasn't the leader, also if for some time he's been the best player. With the Raptors he still wasn't the leader, also if for most of the time he's been the best player.
    Duncan was the epithome of the work ethic. Jordan was not only a of a player but a very strong motivational teammate (also if in a hard way, but it was a different kind of basketball, for mentality, at the time) while James, also if very much inclined to his legacy, have always been a good teammate leading by example and also able to elevate teammates game.
    Kawhi, probably thanks to his uncle, behave like he don't care about his teammates (also if more experienced and successful, see what happened in SA), don't respect his coach (see his behavior with Pop and now with Rivers, also if he was the one making his trade possible) and his goal is to behave like he's the owner and not payed by somebody else ...
    I say he (or his uncle) wanted too much and too fast...

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk man, no way the spurs let Parker walk unless it was to try and keep Kawhi imo. Plenty of has beens had big roles for pop, Parker would have played more than any of the guards if we kept him

had nothing to do with Kawhi at all. The Spurs had Parker’s back when he Manu and others confronted the head when he was gonna show back up.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    had nothing to do with Kawhi at all. The Spurs had Parker’s back when he Manu and others confronted the head when he was gonna show back up.
    LMAO at Porker “confronting” anyone:

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bev's a legend for that, I'll always be a fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO at Porker “confronting” anyone:

Parker doesn't confront teammates but he does confront their wives, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I can see him getting stepped all over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    League should not resign him when contract his up or put in his contract how many games he plays or voids his contract

Thread Information