Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Good lord, all I did was ask a question. And make a statement that the numbers bear out. Calm down.
    All I did was respond with a post. Follow your own advice.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Let’s see , Lebron got bailed out by a HOFer

Jordan got bailed out by one dimensional scrubs like BJ, Paxson or Kerr
    That’s not better
    It’s not a bailout when it’s a designed play. Meanwhile, LeBrat got bailed out by Ray Allen & ran to the corner after he handed the rock to Kyrie so he could improvise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not a bailout when it’s a designed play. Meanwhile, LeBrat got bailed out by Ray Allen & ran to the corner after he handed the rock to Kyrie so he could improvise.
    « designated plays »

You forgot to mention that Lebron kept Miami in the game with a huge performance and a huge 3 before Ray’s shot, if not for that, Ray’s ahot would have been pointless
    Lebron also carried them in game 7

The Kyrie play was designated, the switch was on purpose because Steph couldn’t guard Kyrie, it’s called a favorable matchup. It’s the smart play and MJ would have been praised for his high BBIQ, ing hypocrites
    or also conveniently forget to mention his clutch block and his all time performance during the series
    Last edited by lefty; 10-21-2020 at 08:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point there really are no arguments putting Lebron below magic or bird. And I magic and bird are my favourites.

Duncan has also bypassed both by most accounts. I can see points for both but when you look at the overall body of work Duncan > bird or magic.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    4>2
    4>2
    4>0

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    « designated plays »

You forgot to mention that Lebron kept Miami in the game with a huge performance and a huge 3 before Ray’s shot, if not for that, Ray’s ahot would have been pointless
    Lebron also carried them in game 7

The Kyrie play was designated, the switch was on purpose because Steph couldn’t guard Kyrie, it’s called a favorable matchup. It’s the smart play and MJ would have been praised for his high BBIQ, ing hypocrites
    or also conveniently forget to mention his clutch block and his all time performance during the series
    must have been nice to be able to consistently take clutch shots on midgets and mediocre defenders like byron russell, craig ehlo, john starks, and dan majerle tbh, as opposed to elite defenders with size strength and length like kawhi, pg, tony allen, jimmy, iggy, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    must have been nice to be able to consistently take clutch shots on midgets and mediocre defenders like byron russell, craig ehlo, john starks, and dan majerle tbh, as opposed to elite defenders with size strength and length like kawhi, pg, tony allen, jimmy, iggy, etc...
    But Jordan’s will to win! Tuff defense! Intense game face! Herp Derp!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Yeah, I forgot to mention how 40 year old Ray Allen carried the “GOAT” who was wetting the bed for a majority of the game & series till that point.

The Kyrie play was designated, the switch was on purpose because Steph couldn’t guard Kyrie, it’s called a favorable matchup
    Yeah, LeBrick couldn’t score when Curry switched on him in the last 4 minutes

also conveniently forget to mention his clutch block
    Impressive chasing down Iggy who was playing with a broken back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 40 y old Ray Allen was better than younger Paxson, Armstrong and Kerr
    2 clearly you didn’t watch the series
    3 broken back Iggy still a superior athlete than any healthy plumber Jordan guarded

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    2 clearly you didn’t watch the series
    Big Dummy, I’m well aware LeBrat/Kyrie were running a train on Ezeli/Curry after Bogut/Iggy got injured (along with being gifted Gm 5) which is actually what makes the final 4 minutes embarrassing. The fact is that LeBrick ed out in the last 4 minutes when push came the shove & handed the keys to Kyrie during the possession with the highest stake then literally stood in the corner. Dude followed it up by rolling on the floor like he got shot b/c he needed an alibi for missing FTs.

broken back Iggy still a superior athlete than any healthy plumber Jordan guarded
    TOSB Danny would have blocked broke back Iggy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At worst, LeBron is a top 4 player in NBA history, depending how you view Wilt. Top 3 with Jordan and Kareem is legitimate. At best, Duncan is bottom half of top 10, probably closer to 10 than 5.

Whatever “gap” you think there is, however great or small you believe, the gap is there and it’s real and it’s significant enough that it’s clear LeBron had a greater career. Duncan’s career is great, HOF, one of a handful of the very best. LeBron’s career should go down as one of the top 2-3 best careers ever, even with his Finals record.

You can talk about steroids all you want. Dwyane Wade looked like he juiced too with his Family Guy cartoon jawline. He didn’t have a top 10 NBA career, let alone a top 3. Joakim Noah, Rashard Lewis, Lindsey Hunter, Hedo Turkogku, OJ Mayo, Darius Miles... all suspended by the league for some form of PED use. You don’t see any of those guys getting casted for a Hall of Fame bust. The athletic freaks like Stromile Swift and Corey Maggette never were in position to chase down Jordan and Kareem. Steroids or not, if a player doesn’t have the skill and IQ and will to match, then that player doesn’t do what LeBron has done for 17 seasons.

The four years Duncan led the league in defensive rating, he finished 4th, 6th, 3rd, and 6th in DPOY voting, not even one top 2 finish. In 2007, he has an argument in third place with Camby winning the award that he could have maybe won it. The other three years he wasn’t even a legitimate contender for the award, let alone was robbed of it. Defensive rating is a nice stat to look at as long as you understand that it’s at least partially dependent on the performance of teammates and the team as a whole. The better your teammates are defensively and how the team defends collectively really impact a stat like DR. Could Duncan have won a DPOY in his career? Sure. He was good enough defensively. Was the voting messed up? Sure, just like the League MVP where guys like Nash and Curry are multiple winners and Shaq only has one. It is what it is. You shouldn’t make arguments that a player be considered better because he “should have” won an award he didn’t win. It’s a ty argument.

Duncan's closer to 5 than 10 imo, but otherwise I agree with this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly think player debates are obsolete now. They probably should've always been. Eras are so dramatically different from one another, with each era favoring different skillsets. Players like Shaq and Duncan would be marginalized in today's NBA. They didn't have much range and probably couldn't guard the modern pick-and-roll. They'd be all-star level, but not the dominant forces they were. On the other hand, players like Nikola Jokic wouldn't be +6 RPM players in the late-90/early-00s. Weak post game by that era's standards and his passing game would be negatively affected by the congested spacing of that period. And guys like Duncan Robinson would be driving a truck back then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=midnightpulp;10303621]I honestly think player debates are obsolete now. They probably should've always been. Eras are so dramatically different from one another, with each era favoring different skillsets. Players like Shaq and Duncan would be marginalized in today's NBA. They didn't have much range and probably couldn't guard the modern pick-and-roll. They'd be all-star level, but not the dominant forces they were. On the other hand, players like Nikola Jokic wouldn't be +6 RPM players in the late-90/early-00s. Weak post game by that era's standards and his passing game would be negatively affected by the congested spacing of that period. And guys like Duncan Robinson would be driving a truck back then.

You don’t think Duncan who hit top of key twos with ease could adapt? and Robinson would be unstoppable as even better athlete and skilled Greek freak. Even Shaq early on was very quick but would struggle more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don’t think Duncan who hit top of key twos with ease could adapt? and Robinson would be unstoppable as even better athlete and skilled Greek freak. Even Shaq early on was very quick but would struggle more.
    David Robinson probably has the best athletic toolkit to dominate in today's era from the 90s centers. His makeup is ideal, actually. He would be able to switch on anyone, get to the rim at will with all the spacing, and if he learned how to shoot a 3, he'd reign as a top 3 player in this era for awhile. David's issue back then was that he didn't like to play back to the basket. Bigs having a post game is unimportant today, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Duncan might be able to adapt, but that additional 3 or 4 feet of range is sometimes tough to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    realgm top 100 2020 thread, has lecheat no.1, dk no.2, kareem no.3, russell no.4, duncan no.5 atm

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Poor lefty

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jordan took PEDs too tbh
    Your mom took this performance enhancing

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Let’s see , Lebron got bailed out by a HOFer

Jordan got bailed out by one dimensional scrubs like BJ, Paxson or Kerr
    That’s not better
    And still would have a winning finals record. You are missing the point. No Kyrie or Bosh to secure the rebound and pass it to Ray those are two more direct finals losses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your mom took this performance enhancing
    Clearly you took it too

And still would have a winning finals record. You are missing the point. No Kyrie or Bosh to secure the rebound and pass it to Ray those are two more direct finals losses.
    Every superstar needs help, it's not 1 vs 5
    Get over it

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Clearly you took it too

Every superstar needs help, it's not 1 vs 5
    Get over it
    Not every superstar handpicks and forces best talent in the league to get to their team because they have a losing record in the finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not every superstar handpicks and forces best talent in the league to get to their team because they have a losing record in the finals
    Jordan couldn't do that because the CBA was different back, but if he could he would have
    He was constantly throwing the FO under the bus

And at the end of the day he had MVPippen, Grant, Stern, Rodman, the best 6th man and the best international player at the time in Kukoc, opposition in the Finals and wasn't coached by Tyronn Lue or Mike Brwn

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Higher ranked player Wade or Pippen?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Higher ranked player Pippen or AD?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pippen of course