Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA economy is going to tighten. Next year, it was agreed that the cap would be the same, but it wouldn’t shock me to see it drop 10-15m the following season. Over the next 3 years, we’re also going to have to pay White, Lonnie, Keldon, and Luka. That’s quite a juggling act with a 31M albatross each season.
    I said it in another thread that I could see the cap going down next offseason as well. which is why I could see DDR opting out this year. He might get more being the big fish if he is looking for money. If he is looking for championship doubt there will be much money for him on those teams next summer and he wont get much.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are WAYYYY over thinking that, bad contracts can be moved. If we can grab a top pick by trading Aldridge you do it automatically even if a bad contract is attached. Aldridge is gonna leave in a year anyways, open salary isn’t gonna do the spurs any good
    Yes those contracts can be moved by useing either picks or players. That is why we do not give our 11th this year and try and get Mini first next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA economy is going to tighten. Next year, it was agreed that the cap would be the same, but it wouldn’t shock me to see it drop 10-15m the following season. Over the next 3 years, we’re also going to have to pay White, Lonnie, Keldon, and Luka. That’s quite a juggling act with a 31M albatross each season.
    Yeah I’m not saying it’s perfect but in the next 3 years the team could look completely different too, we don’t have to keep any of those young guys if they don’t develop accordingly. If and it’s a big if the spurs view Wiseman as a franchise player they should do anything possible to get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we’re getting saddled with Wiggins stinking, rotting contract, they do NOT get 11. They already fill a position of need, and offload a rotten deal in this trade. Nothing more going their way.
    Yeah I would hope that we would keep 11 too. Although the draft is often criticised for True Star players, I feel there is depth there, with a lot of players grading out as rotational pieces - at worst.
    If you take a Wiseman at 2 then perhaps an almost guaranteed high floor guy ie. Desmond Bane, Isaiah Stewart at 11.
    ‘Whether the Spurs want to have that many guaranteed rookie contracts on the books though is another question entirely.
    My dream scenario - Wiseman at #2, Kira at #11 - Arguably the best at their position collegiately and in 3 years, perhaps two of the best at their position globally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes those contracts can be moved by useing either picks or players. That is why we do not give our 11th this year and try and get Mini first next year.
    Yeah but why would the warriors give up the #2 pick for an aging player, makes no sense. They’d have a better shot at winning the championship with Wiggins and say Wiseman then just Aldridge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but why would the warriors give up the #2 pick for an aging player, makes no sense. They’d have a better shot at winning the championship with Wiggins and say Wiseman then just Aldridge.
    I disagree. Wiggins is a net negative and they ain't winning with an unproven rookie. LMA is a proven all star and still had a good year last season and would seriously bolster their front court and give them a legit shot at winning a ring. Wiseman is not going to get it done in the playoffs against Davis or Jokic. This year's draft is seen as weak and GS is still in win now mode. I think if they can find a deal for a proven talent theyd take it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also the number 2 pick contract will start at around $9.5mil. you are looking at $40 to $45 million per year for Wiseman and Wiggins.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am higher on Wiggins then most on here but why would you say we should just trade him away but GS would not want to. He is not old so it is not a win now type thing as he could grow with our team more then he could theirs. I dont see them having a better shot with wiggins/Wiseman then Aldridge.

Wiseman is a first rd pick along the Bennit/Wiggins/Darko time frame. In other words he is pure upside but could end up having a low floor. Most people dont think he will but people did not think they would either. We did not get to see him against college compe ion. So he is really just a HS player. Wiseman will have problems against your better teams and GS does not have time for him to develope. GS also needs a big. This is why they would do it without getting our pick back and we might be able to get MIn pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think of it this way: they’re giving us #2 to take on that awful 3/94M contract. LMA is just a useful salary match. We gave GS #30/RJ for $15M in one year cap rental in 2012, vis a vis RJ’s second year. We’ll be hosting almost 6X the cap space over 3 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am higher on Wiggins then most on here but why would you say we should just trade him away but GS would not want to. He is not old so it is not a win now type thing as he could grow with our team more then he could theirs. I dont see them having a better shot with wiggins/Wiseman then Aldridge.

Wiseman is a first rd pick along the Bennit/Wiggins/Darko time frame. In other words he is pure upside but could end up having a low floor. Most people dont think he will but people did not think they would either. We did not get to see him against college compe ion. So he is really just a HS player. Wiseman will have problems against your better teams and GS does not have time for him to develope. GS also needs a big. This is why they would do it without getting our pick back and we might be able to get MIn pick.
    Well as bad as Wiggins is he’s a big wing and those are really valuable in today’s NBA, At worst wiseman can play a rim running role similar to a capela imo.. GSW wouldn’t ask a lot from wiseman because he’d be the 4/5th option on the team. I’m just saying people are all of a sudden acting like Aldridge (35 year old coming off injury) is some kind of phenomenal trading piece to acquire the #2 pick lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think of it this way: they’re giving us #2 to take on that awful 3/94M contract. LMA is just a useful salary match. We gave GS #30/RJ for $15M in one year cap rental in 2012, vis a vis Jack’s second year. We’ll be hosting almost 6X the cap space over 3 seasons.
    What happens if the spurs decide to extend both Demar and Aldridge, then we’d be taking on just as much salary lol I’d be thrilled if everybody is right and all it takes is Aldridge but GSW will get better offers imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happens if the spurs decide to extend both Demar and Aldridge, then we’d be taking on just as much salary lol I’d be thrilled if everybody is right and all it takes is Aldridge but GSW will get better offers imo
    Like I said, Aldridge is useful to them. They want a quality Big to match up in the playoffs. He’s a many time AS, and multi time All NBA c/PF. They need a player to fit their window, which is legit 2-3 years, tops. Not a lot of players fit that bill, and have teams ready to absorb that awful Wiggins contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think LMA would sign again. He initially signed when we were in our window. He would likely extend in GS to grab a ring or two. Otherwise, I see him going back to Portland.

DD declined one extension already, although that was pre COVID. He may sign, but the Spurs will not pay him what he’s making now. If he opts in, he’ll be 32, when he hits FA, if next season wraps around again.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well as bad as Wiggins is he’s a big wing and those are really valuable in today’s NBA, At worst wiseman can play a rim running role similar to a capela imo.. GSW wouldn’t ask a lot from wiseman because he’d be the 4/5th option on the team. I’m just saying people are all of a sudden acting like Aldridge (35 year old coming off injury) is some kind of phenomenal trading piece to acquire the #2 pick lol
    big wigs are valuable if they are good. if they are ok they get knocked down. Just like any position. They already have Klay for a big wing and Glen Robinson III already said he wants to go back. they will have some others that come along. What they need is a big. Wiseman could be good could be bad. There are thoughts about him or anyone they draft but nothing is as certain as drafting a vet like LMA. LMA still puts up good numbers is efficient. Yes he is getting older but so is GS. They have about 3 years left of their run. LMA can contribute for those.

As far as LMA and DDR resigning big contracts. I hope not. I dont think the Spurs will but you never know with some of the decisions FO has made recently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, Aldridge is useful to them. They want a quality Big to match up in the playoffs. He’s a many time AS, and multi time All NBA c/PF. They need a player to fit their window, which is legit 2-3 years, tops. Not a lot of players fit that bill, and have teams ready to absorb that awful Wiggins contract.
    For sure, Aldridge fits their timeline but I saw a rumor that said I believe the pacers would trade TJ warren + Miles Turner for Wiggins and #2 and just imo I’d rather have that deal if I’m the warriors then Aldridge. So if the spurs were interested they’d have to pony up and give another asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    big wigs are valuable if they are good. if they are ok they get knocked down. Just like any position. They already have Klay for a big wing and Glen Robinson III already said he wants to go back. they will have some others that come along. What they need is a big. Wiseman could be good could be bad. There are thoughts about him or anyone they draft but nothing is as certain as drafting a vet like LMA. LMA still puts up good numbers is efficient. Yes he is getting older but so is GS. They have about 3 years left of their run. LMA can contribute for those.

As far as LMA and DDR resigning big contracts. I hope not. I dont think the Spurs will but you never know with some of the decisions FO has made recently.
    Yeah I hope your right because I would love if they just wanted Aldridge lol I just think there will be better offers out there for them

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure, Aldridge fits their timeline but I saw a rumor that said I believe the pacers would trade TJ warren + Miles Turner for Wiggins and #2 and just imo I’d rather have that deal if I’m the warriors then Aldridge. So if the spurs were interested they’d have to pony up and give another asset.
    That would be a really good trade for GS. If I am GS Ide rather have that then LMA and #11.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons pod has GS trading #2 for Smart + #14 almost same package rumored to us Murray + #11. BOS also likes Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons pod has GS trading #2 for Smart + #14 almost same package rumored to us Murray + #11. BOS also likes Wiseman.
    wouldnt they have to match salary?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldnt they have to match salary?
    Iguodala TPE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has $17 million Trade Exemption. They have to use it or loose it. I'd do a three team with Atlanta. GS likes Haliburton or Okongwu.

Atlanta - Wiggins/#11/Spurs 2022 1st Rd
    GS - LMA or Murray/#6 (draft Haliburton or Okongwu)/(I'd send Gay to GS too)
    Spurs - #2 (Wiseman)/John Collins (Atlanta is rumored to not wanting to extend him)/Kevin Huerter

Then Spurs can then deal DeRozan however they wish to build more assets for the team with players/picks/or cap relief.

If it's just GS/Spurs

GS - Murray/#11 (Precious Achiwa, Jalen Smith at C)
    Spurs - 2# (Wiseman)

GS uses their TPE and lower their luxury tax costs on the draft pick.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons pod has GS trading #2 for Smart + #14 almost same package rumored to us Murray + #11.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has $17 million Trade Exemption. They have to use it or loose it. I'd do a three team with Atlanta. GS likes Haliburton or Okongwu.

Spurs - #2 (Wiseman)/John Collins (Atlanta is rumored to not wanting to extend him)/Kevin Huerter

Then Spurs can then deal DeRozan however they wish to build more assets for the team with players/picks/or cap relief.

If it's just GS/Spurs

Spurs - 2# (Wiseman)

I suspect it'd have to be . . .

To Hawks: DeRozan, 11
    To Warriors: Aldridge, 6
    To Spurs: Wiggins, 2

Hornets (Batum), Cavaliers (Love), Pacers (Turner and Warren for 2), Magic (Gordon and Aminu), seem like possible Wiggins destinations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s talking about Wiggins. No trade for #2 doesn’t involve his contract going out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If it's just GS/Spurs

Spurs - 2# (Wiseman)

They’re trying to offload Wiggins contract, not run up their tax figure even further. In fact, keep that in mind, the money. As a repeat tax offender that $9M contract for #2 becomes a multiple of that figure, depending on how many consecutive years they’ve busted the tax.

Thread Information