Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure, Aldridge fits their timeline but I saw a rumor that said I believe the pacers would trade TJ warren + Miles Turner for Wiggins and #2 and just imo I’d rather have that deal if I’m the warriors then Aldridge. So if the spurs were interested they’d have to pony up and give another asset.
    why would Pacers do that? each of these players would bring something better if it were traded individually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would have to get a 3rd team involved, ready to take on Wiggins, if they choose to trade LMA to GS.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe something like:

GSW: Aldridge
    CHA: Wiggins & SAS 11th
    SAS: Batum (expiring) & GSW 2nd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole LMA to GS scenario is pretty plausible.

It's a win-win scenario for both parties.
    One gets a proven vet in a position of need ( one that matches up particularly well against Davis and Jokic ), the other gets #2 pick and a much needed buiding block for the future.

The question regarding Wiggins is, what would the Spurs have to attach to him in order to move him somewhere else.
    Probably the Minny top-3 protected '21 pick that the Dubs would need to include anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would Pacers do that? each of these players would bring something better if it were traded individually.
    Because they’re about to hire a new coach who probably doesn’t want to play two bigs between Turner and Sabonis, with the #2 pick they can probably get a perimeter player like Ball or Edwards since Oladipo potentially could be leaving eventually

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine a team with both DeRozan and Wiggins on it? Lol. I would only hate watch. That team's not winning 30 games next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine a team with both DeRozan and Wiggins on it? Lol. I would only hate watch. That team's not winning 30 games next season.
    If they end up trading LMA they will probably trade DD as well imho. Signals spurs are committed to rebuilding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re trying to offload Wiggins contract, not run up their tax figure even further. In fact, keep that in mind, the money. As a repeat tax offender that $9M contract for #2 becomes a multiple of that figure, depending on how many consecutive years they’ve busted the tax.
    You're right on that. GS is going to have to eat it when it comes to salary this coming year. That is why players like an Aldridge and Gay would be attractive, they wouldn't be paying them after next year. In the 2021 offseason, they are probably going to do to Draymond what they want to do with Wiggins now, get the contract off the books by attaching a high draft pick to do it. For the short term they are going to have to s out the cash for the salaries. Coronavirus shut off their money train of revenue with the new stadium, and they're going to feel the burden of that multiplier regardless of what roster moves they make unless they gut the team to get under the tax threshold. They aren't going to do that. It's going to take them several seasons to get their books under the tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way GS takes LMA imo.

Will get better offers for #2 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe something like:

GSW: Aldridge
    CHA: Wiggins & SAS 11th
    SAS: Batum (expiring) & GSW 2nd
    Minus the Warriors 2nd, I mentioned this a few days ago.

The Hornets are the type who could conceivably be dumb and desperate enough.

As much as the top of the draft has shades of '13, this would still be a homerun if they could pull it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way GS takes LMA imo.

The #2 pick is for choking down Wiggins ty contract. LMA fits a need and is salary ballast for the deal. GS needs someone to go up against AD, Joker, and Gobert in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way GS takes LMA imo.

in some years, i think that would be true but the value of this year's 2nd pick is not all that high. although there will likely be an all star or two to be found in this draft, no one knows for certain who that will be. LMA is worth more than this year's #2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think LMA is a great fit in GS but, there's no way I'd give him + 11 for #2 + Wiggins. We Should definitely keep 11 if we have to swallow Wiggins.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I came up with a trade idea about a month ago and checked it on trade machine. It's actually realistic and beneficial for all teams. It frees up cap space for the Spurs while also getting back assets, moves the vets to give them a chance at ringing, and gives the Spurs a chance to still remain compe ive.

Spurs trade DDR and Gay to GSW for #2 pick. GSW sends Wiggins to Cleveland and Cleveland sends the #5 pick and Cedi Osman back to the Spurs. This trade works in trade machine and leaves us with picks #2, #5, and #11 along with a 3 point shooter and 6'7 wing in Cedi Osman.

Why the GSW do the trade? Simple. They will be in win now mode and cutting down on that big luxury tax bill. With Wiggins and their core while adding a high draft pick that probably will not be able to really contribute to a championship team just increases that bill. DDR fits the Kevin Durant role for them of being a scorer when needed but he also has increased his facilitating and having 2 of the best shooters in the game gives him a lot of free space to work. I'm sure they can resign him to a possible 3 year deal that comes out cheaper than what they would pay Wiggins as he would probably take a little bit of a discount to play with them. Gay gives them another scoring vet off of the bench and can play small ball center for them if needed. Additionally they will still have 2 first round picks coming in in 2021 to continue their talent pool.

Why Cleveland does the trade? Simple. They already have plenty of youth on the team but not a big wing that can score and defend and is unlikely to get that at pick #5. Wiggins provides that. Wiggins can give them 20 points a game and guard the bigger wings. He has the athleticism to do so and is a former #1 pick. He may lack intensity at times but it doesn't mean he can't do it. This moves the pick in a questionable weak draft and get back a player that can step in now with their veteran front court and young guards and make them a playoff contender in the East.

Why Spurs do the trade. Simple. It frees up cap space for a small market team to save a few $ and gives them more chances in the lottery to develop players. This allows the Spurs to still be a team that treats their players fairly by sending them to a championship caliber team and sending DDR home to California. This trade saves them $32.8 million against the cap, gives them 2 additional high lottery picks, and gives them another shooting wing. With the cap space the Spurs can easily extend Derrick White and also offer Christian Wood a contract. This gives the Spurs the opportunity to add talent while still having cap space next year as well when Patty and LMA contracts come off the books. And if necessary we can still trade LMA and get back more assets if we want.

Spurs
    Aldridge/Poeltl/Eubanks
    Wood/Lyles/Samanic
    Osman/Johnson
    White/Walker
    DJM/Mills

This makes all 3 teams compe ive and gives the Spurs 3 picks. I'm thinking Deni at #2, Hayes at #5, and maybe Poku at #11. These picks allows the Spurs great versatility and gives us players that can be brought up slowly in the Spurs G-league system in year 1 and gives us replacements in case players like Walker and/or DJM don't work out. All 3 players are capable of running an offense and can be primary or secondary playmakers if needed. I though about Wiseman but it depends on what the Spurs want to do with Poeltl and LMA. My only issue is he can be a very big boom or bust player at #2 or #5 without him having played practically any college ball. I do like his potential but he probably will need a year or 2 in the Spurs G-league to get accustomed to the system.
    Last edited by baknedkly; 10-20-2020 at 12:17 PM.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^wait whaat?? cavs giving 5th and cedi for only a wiggins? XD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way GS takes LMA imo.

without Wiggins, yes, with Wiggins? no way

Why Cleveland does the trade? Simple. They already have plenty of youth on the team but not a big wing that can score and defend and is unlikely to get that at pick #5. Wiggins provides that.
    ye....NO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think LMA is a great fit in GS but, there's no way I'd give him + 11 for #2 + Wiggins. We Should definitely keep 11 if we have to swallow Wiggins.
    My thoughts exactly. Might be willing to throw in the 2nd rounder. Gotta hold on to #11 if Wiggins is involved.

How epic would it be to have old Rudy Gay play with a younger version of himself in Wiggins.
    Last edited by Dverde; 10-20-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to take back some salary back to make the trade. They have Kevin Porter Jr. and he plays G/F. Osman is on a decent salary for what he provides and we can use the shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to take back some salary back to make the trade. They have Kevin Porter Jr. and he plays G/F. Osman is on a decent salary for what he provides and we can use the shooting.
    Wiggins already makes more than LMA, so, no, we don’t need to take back anymore salary.

If the Spurs wanted KPJ, they would have drafted him. He was available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe continues to hit new lows. Lowe on his pod proposed Spurs #11, Rudy Gay, and Keldon “freaking” Johnson for #2 pick. You can just tell he is phoning in his research.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this is all fun and what not with minimal activity going on now but it was some writer throwing some stuff against the wall so I think it's most likely there is nothing there. On the other hand, if PATFO think Wiseman is the real deal I would not be opposed to shipping Aldridge to GS and as Ex said, let Timmy D start working with the kid. Duncan came to the Spurs as a four year senior. Wiseman is still a pup and with a couple of years with the master, why not? I get all the arguments against Wiggins. Someone said he could be traded because he is a big wing and while that is true, just like with GS, you are going to have to pay someone to take his contract which means some of our young guns or picks too. That gives me pause.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially in this draft where it is FAR from certain that the #2 pick will actually turn out to be a better player than the #11 pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should:

Swap Aldridge w/ GS for #2 pick, trade DM to Chicago #17 pick in 2023 for Zack Levine plus middle league exception to bring in Tyler Hero and their #3 pick in 2025 to gain access to Mello Ball with Luka thrown in for DD plus $50Mil cash over the next 18yrs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should:

Swap Aldridge w/ GS for #2 pick, trade DM to Chicago #17 pick in 2023 for Zack Levine plus middle league exception to bring in Tyler Hero and their #3 pick in 2025 to gain access to Mello Ball with Luka thrown in for DD plus $50Mil cash over the next 18yrs.

Thread Information