Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should:

Swap Aldridge w/ GS for #2 pick, trade DM to Chicago #17 pick in 2023 for Zack Levine plus middle league exception to bring in Tyler Hero and their #3 pick in 2025 to gain access to Mello Ball with Luka thrown in for DD plus $50Mil cash over the next 18yrs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins already makes more than LMA, so, no, we don’t need to take back anymore salary.

If the Spurs wanted KPJ, they would have drafted him. He was available.

I think you misunderstood me. In my trade GSW is taking Rudy Gay using their traded player exception and DDR for Wiggins and #2. The Spurs are then sending Wiggins to Cleveland for Osman and #5. To make the trade work we need to take salary back from Cleveland and Osman becomes expendable if they get Wiggins. There are rumors that Cleveland wants to trade the #5 for a vet established player and really Wiggins is about the best they can realistically get. They need a big wing because they are starting 2 6'1 point guards and I was saying that they have Porter Jr. that plays the G/F position for them if Osman is traded. Porter Jr. himself is only 6'4 so they need the size and athleticism that Wiggins provides. Wiggins is no all star by any means but he is still young, athletic, and a 20 point per game scorer for his career, which is better than what they will be able to get at the position by the time they draft or anyone else that they could realistically trade for. This gives them a front court of Drummond, Love, and Wiggins. They can get scoring and size to help their short guards. I wasn't saying the Spurs wanted Porter Jr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The #2 pick is for choking down Wiggins ty contract. LMA fits a need and is salary ballast for the deal. GS needs someone to go up against AD, Joker, and Gobert in the playoffs
    So why would getting the #2 possibly be worth having yet another long term overpaid ty contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why would getting the #2 possibly be worth having yet another long term overpaid ty contract?
    Spurs might think it is. Depends who they want, I guess.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minus the Warriors 2nd, I mentioned this a few days ago.

The Hornets are the type who could conceivably be dumb and desperate enough.

As much as the top of the draft has shades of '13, this would still be a homerun if they could pull it off.
    Whoa hold on. You think Aldridge’s value is Batum AND us giving up the 11th pick??

I know the site historically underrates Aldridge but damn haha

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't think the #2 pick is enough to compensate for losing Aldridge and having to eat that horrible Wiggins contract. I want that MIN 2021 1st also, and would include Gay (traded into the TPE) to get it. Maybe even Murray instead, though the whole point is for GS to shed salary.

If they counter by trying to include #11, the entire deal would be Aldridge + Gay + #11 for Wiggins + #2 + MIN 2021 1st. That MIN pick will be quite juicy.

In the end I still don't think it's enough for killing the 2021 cap space the team has seemed to work towards for so long, but weirder things have happened.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to use Wiggins to match salary, and that's yuk.
    What on earth were they thinking trading DLo for him?

I guess they got a 2021 first that’s likely a lottery pick out of the trade. But it’ll take that pick to move on from him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoa hold on. You think Aldridge’s value is Batum AND us giving up the 11th pick??

I know the site historically underrates Aldridge but damn haha
    The only chance of getting 2 hinges on taking Wiggins and Batum is probably the only chance of dumping Wiggins and getting out of the extra 2 years he has. Batum essentially replaces Aldridge's salary for next season, then comes off the books.

Basically, the Spurs trade an old player, who clearly prefers to be elsewhere and jump 9 spots in the draft to 2.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only chance of getting 2 hinges on taking Wiggins and Batum is probably the only chance of dumping Wiggins and getting out of the extra 2 years he has. Batum essentially replaces Aldridge's salary for next season, then comes off the books.

Basically, the Spurs trade an old player, who clearly prefers to be elsewhere and jump 9 spots in the draft to 2.
    Where do you get this he clearly prefers to be somewhere else stuff from. The has said he want to finish in San Antonio or Portland. He has also said that if the Spurs want him he wants to be there. Where do you have him saying different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still don't think the #2 pick is enough to compensate for losing Aldridge and having to eat that horrible Wiggins contract. I want that MIN 2021 1st also, and would include Gay (traded into the TPE) to get it. Maybe even Murray instead, though the whole point is for GS to shed salary.

If they counter by trying to include #11, the entire deal would be Aldridge + Gay + #11 for Wiggins + #2 + MIN 2021 1st. That MIN pick will be quite juicy.

In the end I still don't think it's enough for killing the 2021 cap space the team has seemed to work towards for so long, but weirder things have happened.
    this is what they would want without giving up that Min pick.. imo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do you get this he clearly prefers to be somewhere else stuff from. The has said he want to finish in San Antonio or Portland. He has also said that if the Spurs want him he wants to be there. Where do you have him saying different.
    The fact that he literally brought up a specific place (more than once) speaks volumes. He just doesn't want the backlash (again) that comes with wanting out, but it's clear and understandable that he'd want to go to a place where they have a better chance to win short term.

Even if he was open to finishing here, I'd still take 2 over 35 year old on a non contending team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So more likely you see it as this??

GSW: Aldridge
    CHA: Wiggins, GSW 2nd, & SAS 11th
    SAS: Batum & CHA 3rd

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    aim for the 3rd pick tbh, the hornets don't know shït.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what world would a team be crazy enough to trade the #2 pick for LMA? Don’t believe it has a prayer in of happening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    aim for the 3rd pick tbh, the hornets don't know shït.
    LMA is a Jordan shoes guy. Just saying. He knows the coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see GSW trading #2 for Rudy Gay and #11 using their trade exception. They could keep Wiggins that way for depth. Seems like a plan H type of thing. They were after Gay when he was a FA a few years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see GSW trading #2 for Rudy Gay and #11 using their trade exception. They could keep Wiggins that way for depth. Seems like a plan H type of thing. They were after Gay when he was a FA a few years ago.
    GSW's not trading back 9 spots for Rudy Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what world would a team be crazy enough to trade the #2 pick for LMA? Don’t believe it has a prayer in of happening
    The #2 pick this year would be like the #10 pick in a normal draft. This year's draft is that bad for top tier talent. That being said there are a ton of really nice mid-tier players; no game-changers, but there could be some solid building blocks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GSW's not trading back 9 spots for Rudy Gay.
    They might for DM +11...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine a team with both DeRozan and Wiggins on it? Lol. I would only hate watch. That team's not winning 30 games next season.
    Good, might as well tank when they're nowhere close to contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good, might as well tank when they're nowhere close to contention.
    Especially when next year's draft could be legendary.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe from his latest pod - There’s limited trade interest in DeMar & Aldridge - Teams will call San Antonio about Derrick White because, “there’s this sense that the Spurs have all these young guards & they’re eventually gonna trade one of them.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​
    Zach Lowe from his latest pod - There’s limited trade interest in DeMar & Aldridge - Teams will call San Antonio about Derrick White because, “there’s this sense that the Spurs have all these young guards & they’re eventually gonna trade one of them.”
    if they decide to trade Derrick over dejounte I’d be bummed af lol we can trade dejounte or Lonnie I’d be fine with that but we need to hold onto DWhite and Keldon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So more likely you see it as this??

GSW: Aldridge
    CHA: Wiggins, GSW 2nd, & SAS 11th
    SAS: Batum & CHA 3rd
    Can't see the Warriors even entertaining it without 11.

The Hornets might be the rare (only?) team who'd still view Wiggins as something of an asset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This article is pretty much the definition of throwing at the wall.
    Thank you. The article talks about the Spurs' perhaps thinking of going with a youth movement anchored by Dejonte Murray & Derrick White. Excuse me? When TF did Murray become relevant to the Spurs success? He's been nothing but a flash in the pan bust. The Spurs gambled and gave him a decent contract that he'll never live up to. If anyone should be moved, its him.

Any realistic discussion about the Spurs' young future stars needs to begin with Keldon Johnson.

Thread Information