Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Aldridge's game would be perfect for Warriors. Warriors #2 pick and Wiggins for LMA, and Spurs #11 pick. I would do that trade. Warriors would have a real big 4 again LMA/Curry/Thompson/Green and the 11th pick. Warriors in win now mode next season obviously. Spurs rebuilding now. This trade makes to much sense for both teams to actually happen lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might for DM +11...
    Maybe that package could entice another lottery team; Atlanta maybe, at 6. I don't think they'd be able to justify trading down 9 spots for Murray. He's viewed as a pretty good prospect around the league but they are in the market for impact players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe that package could entice another lottery team; Atlanta maybe, at 6. I don't think they'd be able to justify trading down 9 spots for Murray. He's viewed as a pretty good prospect around the league but they are in the market for impact players.
    People here are underrating Murray too much. He will be a perennial all defensive guard on the Warriors. In his second season he finished 5th in defensive rating and defensive box plus minus almost the same impact as defensive anchor centers like Gobert, Embiid and Capela. He still got votes this year even when we are garbage defensively. With him bulking up and a year remove from ACL I can see him being better defensively than that second year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS has $17 million Trade Exemption. They have to use it or loose it. I'd do a three team with Atlanta. GS likes Haliburton or Okongwu.

Atlanta - Wiggins/#11/Spurs 2022 1st Rd
    GS - LMA or Murray/#6 (draft Haliburton or Okongwu)/(I'd send Gay to GS too)
    Spurs - #2 (Wiseman)/John Collins (Atlanta is rumored to not wanting to extend him)/Kevin Huerter

Then Spurs can then deal DeRozan however they wish to build more assets for the team with players/picks/or cap relief.

If it's just GS/Spurs

GS - Murray/#11 (Precious Achiwa, Jalen Smith at C)
    Spurs - 2# (Wiseman)

GS uses their TPE and lower their luxury tax costs on the draft pick.
    awfull offer for Collins and Kevin with Wiggins sałary in bonus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure the second pick in a bad draft is worth almost $100 mil, especially in this climate. Actually I'm sure it isn't, unless they're sure whoever they'd get will be a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here are underrating Murray too much. He will be a perennial all defensive guard on the Warriors. In his second season he finished 5th in defensive rating and defensive box plus minus almost the same impact as defensive anchor centers like Gobert, Embiid and Capela. He still got votes this year even when we are garbage defensively. With him bulking up and a year remove from ACL I can see him being better defensively than that second year.
    He's about properly rated tbh. Defense isn't his problem, its offense. He has shaky handles and limited court vision, its unlikely that he's a PG. He showed a lot of improvement as a shooter but he'll need to become a high volume 3pt shooter to become an effective offensive player.

Murray + 11 for #2 probably doesn't make sense for Golden State. They probably want proven vets that can immediately help put them back into contention.

If the are willing to trade him than maybe Atlanta might make sense. They needed a guard who can defend beside Young and fits their timeline. Trading Murray + 11 for the 6th pick might be more realistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge's game would be perfect for Warriors. Warriors #2 pick and Wiggins for LMA, and Spurs #11 pick. I would do that trade. Warriors would have a real big 4 again LMA/Curry/Thompson/Green and the 11th pick. Warriors in win now mode next season obviously. Spurs rebuilding now. This trade makes to much sense for both teams to actually happen lol.
    No, they don’t get 11. Wiggins 3/$94 awful deal really should call for multiple picks, but we’ll just keep 11 in lieu of another pick.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we really dont want to trade our 11 and we sure that wiseman is the guy we should trade up for with GSW, what about this trade: LMA, murray, gay for wiggins, paschall, 2. It could seem a lil bit too much for our guys but GSW as some of u mentioned are in a win now mode so they get two experienced bigs that are ready to play from day one plus they have one year contract so GSW can potentialy sign a big name in next offseason (giannis?). They still have their MINs pick and a young guard in murray.
    But still the only thing that makes me feel concerned is ddr and wiggins duo. Imo it wont ever work.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's about properly rated tbh. Defense isn't his problem, its offense. He has shaky handles and limited court vision, its unlikely that he's a PG. He showed a lot of improvement as a shooter but he'll need to become a high volume 3pt shooter to become an effective offensive player.

Murray + 11 for #2 probably doesn't make sense for Golden State. They probably want proven vets that can immediately help put them back into contention.

If the are willing to trade him than maybe Atlanta might make sense. They needed a guard who can defend beside Young and fits their timeline. Trading Murray + 11 for the 6th pick might be more realistic.
    GS run a motion offense similar to the one we run in 2013-2014. Green is really their nominal point guard. They don't run a ton of pick and roll ( last in the league ) or post up entry passes things Murray is struggling to do. Nobody overdribbles, one or two dribble then pass.

The bubble offense is more of a dribble drive motion offense, crucial in these are Murray and Lonnie downhill players with great first steps. Doesn't need high level reads or advance handles just attack the rim or handoff to poeltl or kickout to players waiting on the corner.

Aldridge on the other hand is a bad fit, the motion offense counters teams who play big. They don't want to play big not in closing lineups.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 10-21-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we really dont want to trade our 11 and we sure that wiseman is the guy we should trade up for with GSW, what about this trade: LMA, murray, gay for wiggins, paschall, 2. It could seem a lil bit too much for our guys but GSW as some of u mentioned are in a win now mode so they get two experienced bigs that are ready to play from day one plus they have one year contract so GSW can potentialy sign a big name in next offseason (giannis?). They still have their MINs pick and a young guard in murray.
    But still the only thing that makes me feel concerned is ddr and wiggins duo. Imo it wont ever work.
    It wouldn't work under the Cap for them. If they were willing to go deep into the tax they could trade #2 + Wiggins for LMA + Murray (taking Murray in their trade exception). That would be a very good trade for them for next season and it's probably good for us long term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know Wiseman is raw, but his NCAA violation was a technicality, not a cash grab, and I keep wondering what TD could do with that raw talent under his wing.
    Agreed. Think he performs well under TD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would definitely do...
    -LMA for Wiggins/#2

Not as happy about this but would probably still do it...
    -LMA/#11 for Wiggins/#2

Would do this deal too...
    -LMA/KJ for Wiggins/#2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would definitely do...
    -LMA for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/#11 for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/KJ for Wiggins/#2
    FOH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s talking about Wiggins. No trade for #2 doesn’t involve his contract going out.
    Agreed. Wiggins will be a part of any trade package with #2 pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would definitely do...
    -LMA for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/#11 for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/KJ for Wiggins/#2
    yes no no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who Tf cares about David Aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ​

if they decide to trade Derrick over dejounte I’d be bummed af lol we can trade dejounte or Lonnie I’d be fine with that but we need to hold onto DWhite and Keldon
    I understand why you'd be bummed - I'd be too, tbh. But it makes the most sense, realistically. White is by far the Spurs guard with the most trade value right now, and also probably the closest to his ceiling; he's been playing great, because he's about 4-5 years older than Lonnie or Keldon (I was surprised to learn DJ is 24 already... yuck). Selling high on him after his bubble performance, especially for a pick in next years' draft, would be a very smart move for the Spurs. Of course, the return has to be great, and I don't know how much I trust this new FO in that regard, but that's true for every trade we could make, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would definitely do...
    -LMA for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/#11 for Wiggins/#2

-LMA/KJ for Wiggins/#2
    I’d rather give up Lonnie before Keldon. Definitely no on 2 and 3. I could see LMA, 2020 2nd rounder for Wiggins and #2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe from his latest pod - There’s limited trade interest in DeMar & Aldridge - Teams will call San Antonio about Derrick White because, “there’s this sense that the Spurs have all these young guards & they’re eventually gonna trade one of them.”
    That makes sense, I don't know if they'd trade him though. Something like White + 11th to Atlanta for 6th or even just White to Phoenix for 10th.

GS run a motion offense similar to the one we run in 2013-2014. Green is really their nominal point guard. They don't run a ton of pick and roll ( last in the league ) or post up entry passes things Murray is struggling to do. Nobody overdribbles, one or two dribble then pass.

The bubble offense is more of a dribble drive motion offense, crucial in these are Murray and Lonnie downhill players with great first steps. Doesn't need high level reads or advance handles just attack the rim or handoff to poeltl or kickout to players waiting on the corner.

Aldridge on the other hand is a bad fit, the motion offense counters teams who play big. They don't want to play big not in closing lineups.
    They may like Murray just fine but Murray and 11 for the 2nd pick isn't going to move the needle for them. They want to maximize the Curry, Thompson, Green trio's remaining prime.

I think Aldridge can be useful to GSW, though he probably wouldn't close games for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, Gay, and LMA combine to make nearly $60 million (when including Aldridge's 15% trade kicker) technically a trade involving them for Wiggins, Looney, and #2 pick works but GSW would be taking on an insane amount of money.

Aldridge and Gay for Wiggins, Looney and # 2 is the only trade that might make sense-- at least for the Spurs. GSW would probably ask for #11 back but taking on Wiggins for 3 more years just to move up 9 spots seems pretty steep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way I'm taking back that Wiggins money.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah unless it is a godfather offer or derrick's uncle decides he won't take anything less than a max offer from the spurs there is a 0% chance he is getting traded...he is arguably the most important player to whatever future success the spurs will have...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way I'd take on the Wiggins contract, and no way I'd trade KJ for anything less than a star. If KJ plays next year anywhere near his level of effectiveness in the Bubble, he might be the steal of his draft, and he's on an extremely favorable and inexpensive rookie contract as the 29th pick. Looking at the advanced stat Win Shares per 48, KJ is second in his draft class, behind only Brandon Clarke, but ahead of even Ja and Zion. That's a ridiculously encouraging stat.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_2019.html

Thread Information