Page 104 of 212 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5279
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did republicans need a plan to replace Obamacare? Republicans have always stood by the fact that health insurance should have been left alone. So to answer your question...republicans simply want it to go back to the way it was. You pay for insurance and get to choose your doctor. Simple as that. If you didnt have money to buy health insurance...sucks for you. But democrats AGAIN...screwed everything up and thought health insurance was a cons utional right...which it isnt. Now that Obamacare is a complete failure..they want republicans to save the day and ask where the plan is. LMAO. Just like democrats wiping away student debt and wanting to give illegals compensation pay for being treated badly at the border. Republicans way of life is stand on your own two feet...democrats way of life is dont worry...someone else will take care of you.
    The plan to replace Obamacare was a complete failure; The master plan the Republicans and Trump claimed to have never was and is a failure.

The bolded is so naïve. YOU will pay for them. In a number of different ways, but if it makes you feel better to think you are not paying for people without healthcare, you fall back on that fantasy. There are many Judeo-Christion themes in this country that lead to an underlying "right" that is not in the cons ution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did republicans need a plan to replace Obamacare? Republicans have always stood by the fact that health insurance should have been left alone. So to answer your question...republicans simply want it to go back to the way it was. You pay for insurance and get to choose your doctor. Simple as that. If you didnt have money to buy health insurance...sucks for you. But democrats AGAIN...screwed everything up and thought health insurance was a cons utional right...which it isnt. Now that Obamacare is a complete failure..they want republicans to save the day and ask where the plan is. LMAO. Just like democrats wiping away student debt and wanting to give illegals compensation pay for being treated badly at the border. Republicans way of life is stand on your own two feet...democrats way of life is dont worry...someone else will take care of you.
    This ^ obviously glosses over the fact that it was none other than President Reagan who mandated hospitals to provide care (government funded if no insurance was available). Obamacare also largely mirrors Romney’s healthcare plan. Plus it sucks too, since it didn’t deal with cost at all, but that’s a separate conversation.

The reality is that the status quo was politically and economically untenable. You can single-handedly point to Ryan’s plan to turn Medicare into a voucher program costing them Florida. We’re not going back to things like non-coverage of pre-existing conditions (something the GOP is also allegedly on board with too), so the question is what does reform looks like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The current GOP aren't in the WH. Their policy proposals mean jack .
    Irrelevant, my commentary applies evenly to when they were and even had full control of government.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like to not worry, I'd like for someone else to foot the bill. I know in reality it cannot happen on a grand scale based on simple math. I also know that having someone else foot the bill is like living under their roof, you have to walk the line they draw and that's not my idea of freedom as an adult in this country.
    It doesn’t have to be this way either. Plenty of countries where you can pay for concierge type of service if you can afford it. In this country you’re already largely limited in the freedom you describe due to your insurance being tied to your employment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t have to be this way either. Plenty of countries where you can pay for concierge type of service if you can afford it. In this country you’re already largely limited in the freedom you describe due to your insurance being tied to your employment.
    So you're saying someone else would foot the bill in a country where I could pay my own way? I don't get what you're saying exactly. How is my freedom restricted because of my employment? I'd be employed with or without insurance. Insurance makes it a bonus to be employed. In order for someone to foot the bill, the entire chain of healthcare from schooling to practice would have to undergo a total renovation. You're saying the LaQuinta downtown can be the Waldorf Astoria and be free, despite the limited land available and lack of funding, if people would just demand it?

And just to head this off at the pass, me paying 2x income tax != free healthcare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irrelevant, my commentary applies evenly to when they were and even had full control of government.
    You know what their policies were. You had to in order to loathe them.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC resorts to straw man arguments again.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    He's some sort of a shill, probably has scripts set up to copy and paste every single output of these sites to many other sites. He's a bot basically.
    No question he is copy pasting spam all over the Internet. But I legitimately believe this is a human spending their day & night consuming this content

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan GOP candidate says public schools are plotting to 'eliminate the white people'

Mellissa Carone, a GOP anti-"voter fraud" activist who is running for state legislature in Michigan, espoused white supremacist propaganda to supporters on social media.

public schools and the government are trying to 'eliminate' white people in America,"

they’re trying to eliminate the white people in America, particularly the white male in America,'

Carone also criticized the COVID-19 vaccine, statewide shutdowns during the pandemic and

defended insurrectionists who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. "

Carone gained national attention after she served as the star witness for Trump ally Rudy Giuliani during a Michigan hearing on election integrity,

where she baselessly claimed to have seen Dominion Voting Systems rigging electoral counts and

claimed that the Republican state lawmaker questioning her
    looked like a penis.

She has also claimed that the COVID-19 vaccine is a
    sign of the Biblical apocalypse.

https://www.rawstory.com/mellissa-carone/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're saying someone else would foot the bill in a country where I could pay my own way? I don't get what you're saying exactly. How is my freedom restricted because of my employment? I'd be employed with or without insurance. Insurance makes it a bonus to be employed. In order for someone to foot the bill, the entire chain of healthcare from schooling to practice would have to undergo a total renovation. You're saying the LaQuinta downtown can be the Waldorf Astoria and be free, despite the limited land available and lack of funding, if people would just demand it?

And just to head this off at the pass, me paying 2x income tax != free healthcare.
    There’s more than one model out there, you would know if you informed yourself about it and/or lived overseas for long enough. Mixed systems include state run and private hospitals. State run might not provide the absolute best care, so you have an option to pay for a private system that provides a better/more-personalized type of care. But that’s just one example. We ran a gamut of ideas here, from having the state provide basic care but mandate catastrophic insurance, etc. The key point, however, is cost. It’s become clear worldwide, except in the US, that the private health sector will not self-regulate. Even in countries with mixed systems, there a price controls of all types and forms. From one size fits all (Canada, UK) to lists of most common medicines and treatments (Germany) to forced licensing of generics (India).

The taxation part, sure, I don’t think the military is free either, nor are the roads and infrastructure around us. Everybody has an opinion where tax dollars should go to, that’s perfectly valid. The problem with healthcare right now in the US is that we spend way more tax dollars on it per capita than the rest of the world for similar outcomes, so while there’s an argument to be had about taxation, it’s especially important as long as the US refuses to rein in cost. Obamacare did not, so we still have that problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what their policies were. You had to in order to loathe them.
    What policies? They put out a rushed healthcare plan (nobody seen or talked about it before, and had nothing to do with what Trump campaigned on) that was such a disaster that they themselves scrapped it, and decided to vote for just repeal instead.

Other than that, what was the agenda? Can you name consequential GOP legislation or policy outside the tax cuts?

I liked what Trump campaigned on, I just knew he was full of and the GOP would never vote for those things. From ‘bringing manufacturing back’ (people that bought into this don’t really understand how basic economy works), cheap healthcare, his trust funds buddies having to take it in the chin for Main Street… none of those things were ever on any GOP platform. Like ever. So it wasn’t surprising at all when none of that materialized, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The plan to replace Obamacare was a complete failure; The master plan the Republicans and Trump claimed to have never was and is a failure.

The bolded is so naïve. YOU will pay for them. In a number of different ways, but if it makes you feel better to think you are not paying for people without healthcare, you fall back on that fantasy. There are many Judeo-Christion themes in this country that lead to an underlying "right" that is not in the cons ution.
    Problem is before the democrats would hide the fact that they were stealing your money. Now they put it front and center. Just look at the student debt they are erasing...who is paying for that?...we are. They even wanted to give illegals money for being mistreated while they committed crimes. The healthcare robbery was the start. Now it has no end in sight. You just wait til they decide to take more money from all of us because they feel we should buy every homeless person a house to live in. Then youre really gonna see the wheels come off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The death blow will be when everyone decides the government needs to buy them their own small business. The country will be filled with business owners and no workers. Heck, its already looking like that now. Like how hard it is for many of businesses to re-staff ever since covid started. People are quitting jobs at a record pace. Every one wants to be the boss.. no one wants to be the worker bee anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The death blow will be when everyone decides the government needs to buy them their own small business. The country will be filled with business owners and no workers. Heck, its already looking like that now. Like how hard it is for many of businesses to re-staff ever since covid started. People are quitting jobs at a record pace. Every one wants to be the boss.. no one wants to be the worker bee anymore.
    It’s called capitalism… supply and demand, etc… some people figured out they can ask and make more on a job market with high demand… why do you hate America?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slaves are revolting!!! Asking for more money!!! Next thing you know they’ll want to make their vote count too!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hole Missouri

DOJ knocks Missouri's 'clear and substantial threat' to public safety

Missouri's law does not nullify federal gun laws within the state —

but it does prohibit state officials from helping federal officials to enforce them,

similar to the model adopted with "
    sanctuary cities" that seek to protect immigrants.

after an Independence police officer was killed in a shootout in September, state law enforcement initially refused routine federal assistance in tracing the murder weapon,

the Missouri state crime lab, operated by the Highway Patrol, also is refusing to process evidence that would help federal firearms prosecutions,"

the Highway Patrol, along with many other agencies, have suspended joint efforts to enforce federal firearms laws."

A number of cities and counties around the country have similarly declared themselves to be

"Second Amendment sanctuaries."

Missouri's statewide law, however, is one of the most extreme and consequential to be enacted so far.

https://www.rawstory.com/justice-department-missouri-second-amendment-law-is-clear-and-substantial-threat-to-public-safety

Another "nullification" by hole Repug states as they degrade America, which is ed
    by Repugs and un able

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That stupid Franken let his people pull his pants down and take his plum job. That's a-hole.

That was as good as it was gonna get. And it will never get that good again.

That stupid man.

Those 2 Virginia politicians, the white Governor and the black fellow/he'd raped and the white Gov. had appeared in black face. At the presser the Gov. was asked would he fight it...his wife didn't give him the chance to answer, just cut in front of him, and said something to the effect,,,"With every ounce of our being."

She wasn't going to give those perks up. Uh, uh. tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s more than one model out there, you would know if you informed yourself about it and/or lived overseas for long enough. Mixed systems include state run and private hospitals. State run might not provide the absolute best care, so you have an option to pay for a private system that provides a better/more-personalized type of care. But that’s just one example. We ran a gamut of ideas here, from having the state provide basic care but mandate catastrophic insurance, etc. The key point, however, is cost. It’s become clear worldwide, except in the US, that the private health sector will not self-regulate. Even in countries with mixed systems, there a price controls of all types and forms. From one size fits all (Canada, UK) to lists of most common medicines and treatments (Germany) to forced licensing of generics (India).

The taxation part, sure, I don’t think the military is free either, nor are the roads and infrastructure around us. Everybody has an opinion where tax dollars should go to, that’s perfectly valid. The problem with healthcare right now in the US is that we spend way more tax dollars on it per capita than the rest of the world for similar outcomes, so while there’s an argument to be had about taxation, it’s especially important as long as the US refuses to rein in cost. Obamacare did not, so we still have that problem.
    Scrambling the egg doesn't create a different, better creature. It doesn't matter how cool the creature overseas looks, your egg is from a chicken and without throwing out the baby with the bathwater, you'd be hard pressed to create a system that could be installed in-situ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What policies? They put out a rushed healthcare plan (nobody seen or talked about it before, and had nothing to do with what Trump campaigned on) that was such a disaster that they themselves scrapped it, and decided to vote for just repeal instead.

Other than that, what was the agenda? Can you name consequential GOP legislation or policy outside the tax cuts?

I liked what Trump campaigned on, I just knew he was full of and the GOP would never vote for those things. From ‘bringing manufacturing back’ (people that bought into this don’t really understand how basic economy works), cheap healthcare, his trust funds buddies having to take it in the chin for Main Street… none of those things were ever on any GOP platform. Like ever. So it wasn’t surprising at all when none of that materialized, tbh
    I think you know the policies of the GOP. You added "consequential" as a caveat. I fail to find most policies of either side to be consequential thus the same old same old after every election. The people get excited about it like a change gonna come, but it's just the same wealthy people having their turn at the glory hole of the nation. America First is on the GOP platform however until 2024 they will not have a new one.

Regardless, you already know their policies. You can debate all you want about effectiveness or intention. AFAIK the only tangible product from any POTUS in my lifetime was tax cuts. All else is just going to war or coming from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No question he is copy pasting spam all over the Internet. But I legitimately believe this is a human spending their day & night consuming this content
    Maybe he smells what he sells, but it's more likely people like him are your basic penny chasers, looking for some sort of monetization from scripts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ix8JEqCJ1s
    Last edited by DMC; 12-24-2021 at 01:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^
    Editing, again?

Out of control?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's your problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrambling the egg doesn't create a different, better creature. It doesn't matter how cool the creature overseas looks, your egg is from a chicken and without throwing out the baby with the bathwater, you'd be hard pressed to create a system that could be installed in-situ.
    Not sure where you’re going with this, but if your argument is that we as a country haven’t had major structural reforms or programs, that’s certainly false. Most of those other countries also went through reforms and did not have a public health system since their inception. As a matter of fact, that’s exactly one of the roles of government, and why it will have to come from there (besides the government being the biggest consumer of healthcare services and products in this country).

Thread Information