Page 133 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 5144
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Circus': Louie Gohmert outraged after Cicilline has articles fact-checking GOP false claims put into congressional record

The Republican outrage was described as a "small political side circus," after U.S. Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI) succeeded on Thursday in having several fact-checking articles exposing Republicans' false claims made part of the Congressional Record.

The articles all debunked the false and baseless claims conservatives and the far right have been making for nearly a year, that Attorney General Merrick Garland called parents speaking at school boards "domestic terrorists," and was investigating them.

Cicilline first tried to read the articles into the record, but Republicans immediately objected.

. He was forced to describe the articles to have them included in the official record – something the Republicans also caused a commotion over.

"McCarthy's false claims that Garland called parents 'terrorists'" was the le of another article made part of the record.
    "Attorney General never called concerned parents 'domestic terrorists'" was yet another article.

"Kevin McCarthy keeps repeating false claim that attorney general called parents terrorists for wanting to attend school board meetings," was the final article.

Cicilline then asked "unanimous consent" that Republicans "read these do ents and stop making false claims," to which the Chair responded,

"Good luck with that."

Republicans were outraged.

"Point of order!" yelled one.

"The gentleman just impugned our integrity!" Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) decried.

"I would demand that his words be taken down.

He is not allowed under the rules to impugn false statements by this side."

Gohmert literally point his finger at Cicilline as he yelled.

"And as far as Politifact, and some of those, they couldn't find the truth with both hands," Gohmert, making what would likely be a "pants on fire claim," also charged.

The Jim Jordan Louie-Gohmert part of the GOP caucus did not appear to have the full support of their fellow members.

https://www.rawstory.com/circus-louie-gohmert-outraged-after-cicilline-has-articles-fact-checking-gop-false-claims-put-into-congressional-record/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is she "concerned"?

Susan Collins under fire for threatening to tank marriage rights bill

threatening bipartisan support of legislation to protect same-sex marriage

because Democrats were finally able to put together a historic tax and climate change bill – a huge win for Democrats, the Biden administration, and Americans.

“I just think the timing could not have been worse and

it came totally out of the blue,”

“Collins warned that the manner in which that victory was secured,

where it appeared Democrats kept Manchin and Schumer’s negotiations

under wraps until a separate bipartisan computer chip production incentive bill was passed by the Senate,

hurt the effort to gather support among Republicans

to bring the gay marriage bill to the floor.”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/07/sus...r-fire-rights/

She ing knows the Repug bloc will not support gay marriage

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP Senators Appear At USO Photo Op,

Then Vote Down Vets Health Care

https://www.nationalmemo.com/gop-senators-2657777336

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Didn't he already sell his manhood on Jan 6?":

Josh Hawley mocked for ling his book "Manhood"

"Missouri U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley is writing

a book called
    "Manhood: The Masculine Virtues Americans Need,"

building off a speech he gave at a conservative conference

claiming the political left is waging a war on masculinity,"

theKansas City Star reported Thursday.

"Hawley's focus on masculinity comes at a time where politicians have leaned into stunts displaying performative masculinity, like shooting guns and carrying blowtorches."

The book is available for pre-order for $29.99.

https://www.salon.com/2022/07/29/did...nhood_partner/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch: Video captures Ted Cruz fist-bumping Republicans

after blocking bill to help vets suffering from toxic burn pits

https://www.alternet.org/2022/07/wat...xic-burn-pits/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Bolton Drops New Polls Warning

Trump Could Hand Senate to Democrats With His Bad Candidates

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/bo...enate-control/

Bolton isn't alone in the evaluation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republicans' disturbing Holocaust problem

Republicans are having difficulty deciding

how they should think about Nazis and the Holocaust.

They deny actions they have publicly taken,

propagate and then delete messages,

verbally promote and legislatively limit teaching about what the Nazis did.

They seem confused, but aren’t.

Some Republicans cozy up to Nazis.

Some Republicans, often the same ones, call Democrats Nazis.

Many Republicans across the country are attacking the foundation of Holocaust teaching.

These three arms of Republican behavior around the Nazis have a single result:

to trivialize the Holocaust.

https://www.rawstory.com/the-republi...caust-problem/

Fundamental to Christian Nationalism is hatred for the Jews

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bye, Felicia!

Entire North Carolina police force quits after

town hires Black city manager

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...k-city-manager

Old Time There Are NEVER Forgotten

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘The Coming Civil War…’:

Matt Walsh and Ben Shapiro’s Big Dollar Rage Machine is

Promoting a Very Dangerous Message

the rage machine at the Daily Wire has kicked into overdrive as hosts like

Matt Walsh, Candace Owens, and even founder Ben Shapiro

drop culture war screeds hyping a civil war,

encouraging the government to take away people’s kids, and

coldly describing trans suicide rates as just a reality.

Walsh, who has more than a million followers on Twitter, has made a name for himself online by focusing his ire at the trans and LGBTQ community, drag queens, and women who would dare use terms like “girl boss.”

he is a “theocratic fascist,” which he later claimed is no joke and is a label he clearly tries to live up to in his commentary.

the Daily Wire has gone full bore on targeting the trans community

Owens calling for the government to hurt families in probably one of the most profound ways possible —

not to mention the impact on the children forced into government-run foster care.

Her argument is a full-fledged embrace of

using the government to punish ideological enemies

and raise their children with the values approved of by Owens – parents’ rights be damned.

Daily Wire, which with its recent hiring of Jordan Peterson, who gleefully dead named a famous trans actor, only seems to be doubling down on this approach.

this kind of rhetoric and hate is swelling up in the country and the far-right is connecting it with justifications for illiberal policies and stripping individual freedoms.

a school board candidate in Pensacola, Florida said doctors who treat trans kids should be “hanging from the nearest tree” – she was quickly applauded.

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/the...erous-message/

ECOTUS 6 agrees with all of that hateful

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug Schutzstaffel never sleeps

There Will Be Blood

Sandy Hook parents isolate with security due to safety concerns during Texas Alex Jones trial

https://www.expressnews.com/news/art...s-17343325.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there will be more of Repug christo-fascist in failing American society

Former FedEx worker sues company over allegedly allowing religious discrimination, harassment

A Houston man is suing FedEx, his former employer, alleging the company subjected him to a

hostile and discriminatory work environment full of slurs, insults, jokes and other offensive comments because of his religion, race and national origin.

Parker says he was wrongfully terminated after reporting multiple instances of harassment and discrimination from his coworkers and even his supervisor because of his religion.

Parker identifies himself to be of Russian Jewish descent and said he and his wife, who is Indian and Pakistani, are practicing Muslims, according to the lawsuit.

https://www.expressnews.com/business/article/fedex-lawsuit-religion-17338309.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The oligarchy, Repug, Christian Nationalist strategies are based on slander, lie, fantasies, NEVER the truth

People Are Getting Very Misleading Texts as Kansas Votes on Abortion

People received the texts just one day before the first state vote on abortion since the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epzz...-text-messages

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boebert says gun bans lead to people eating dogs

(there's more)

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...s-there-s-more

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lindsey Graham asks court to agree he's too important to testify in Georgia election investigation

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ve-factfinding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    closing public libraries

Amanda Ensing, one of the organizers of the Jamestown Conservatives group, emerged from the library Tuesday wearing an “I voted” sticker. “They are trying to groom our children to believe that it’s OK to have these sinful desires,” Ensing said of library officials. “It’s not a political issue, it’s a Biblical issue.”
    https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-go...brary-tax-vote

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're already there, Republicans are routinely refusing to concede when they lose and candidates routinely bend the knee to dominionist woo woo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CPAC goes to fascist Hungary

The CPAC brings Hungary's fascist to USA

Repugs are so confident of their fascist takeover of USA run by the Capitalist oligarchy that they make no attempt to hide their fascism

Authoritarian Orban at CPAC Texas delivers attack to standing ovation

Viktor Orbán ... delivered an anti-LGBTQ attack on same-sex marriage and same-sex families,

echoing the false "groomer" claims increasingly prevalent on the right by demanding same-sex couples must "leave our kids alone."

"Hungary shall protect the ins ution of marriage as a union of one man and one woman," he decreed, to cheers.

"Family ties shall be based on marriage or the relationship between parents and children.

To sum up, the mother is a woman. The father is a man. And leave our kids alone. Full stop. End of discussion,"

he declared, as the crowd roared with applause and gave him a standing ovation.

https://www.rawstory.com/orban-cpac/

Orban is against "race mixing" which no doubt misogynist, racist, Christian-hero Pootin agrees with, so race-mixed and femaile, Griner, is the ideal scapegoat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plus jew-baiting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's GOP Embraces Orban's Racist Eugenics

The authoritarian Hungarian leader's rhetoric is familiar to anyone who lived through the Nazi holocaust, but prominent American Republicans have rushed to his defense.

Orban has stripped Hungary of its democratic ins utions and demonized immigrants.

He has also embraced a form of eugenics, in which he claims that the future of the West is threatened by the “racial mixing” of white Christian Europeans with others.

[We] do not want to become peoples of mixed-race.

This is why we fought at Nándorfehérvár/Belgrade,

this is why we stopped the Turks at Vienna, and – if I am not mistaken –

this is why, in still older times – the French stopped the Arabs at Poitiers.

Today the situation is that Islamic civilization, which is constantly moving towards Europe, has realized – precisely because of the traditions of Belgrade/Nándorfehérvár – that the route through Hungary is an unsuitable one along which to send its people up into Europe.

This is why Poitiers has been replayed; now the incursion’s origins are not in the East, but in the South, from where they are occupying and flooding the West.

Orban’s words and phrases were familiar to anyone who lived through the Nazi holocaust.

Prominent American Republicans have rushed to Orban’s defense.

Tucker Carlson smirked on his Fox television show, “So Viktor Orban is now a Nazi because he wants national borders?”

In Republican primary races this year, few issues have come up more frequently in TV ads than immigration — all featuring the word “invasion.” It’s pure Orban.

"We're gonna end this invasion," says Blake Masters, the Republican candidate for the Senate from Arizona,

The word “invasion” has a long history among white nationalists. It has been widely used by supporters of the "replacement theory"

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...acist-eugenics

French stopping the Moors at Poitiers was military victory, not an immigration policy

France then colonized, brutally of course, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and then imported Ms of North Africans to do the dirty work in France, build cars, dig ditches, clean sewers, etc.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-05-2022 at 01:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CPAC looking to outdo the Onion this year. What a show

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CPAC looking to outdo the Onion this year. What a show

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs weaponizing "freedom of expression" in the continuing attack on that foreign Muslim knitter's obamacare

TX judge who ruled
    in 2018 that ACA invalid is the judge presiding in Kelley v Becerra, so we know Kelley will win.

Reed O'Connor, appointed by shrub

================

Preventive care such as birth control, anti-HIV medicine challenged in Texas lawsuit

threatens to undermine one of the most popular provisions in the law, which

requires most health plans to provide coverage for preventive care with no copays.

If the judge rules in favor of the plaintiffs, if???

access to free birth control,

cancer screenings,

vaccines,

PrEP (HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis),

counseling for alcohol misuse,

diet counseling for people at higher risk of chronic disease, and

many
    more preventive services would be in jeopardy,

"The lawsuit could cause millions of Americans, probably more than 150 million, to lose guaranteed access to preventive services,"

Kelley, an orthodontist who lives in Tarrant County, Texas,

"has no desire to purchase health insurance that includes contraceptive coverage because his wife is past her child-bearing years,"

"He does not want or need health insurance that covers Truvada or PrEP drugs because neither he nor any of his family members is engaged in behavior that transmits HIV," the complaint continues.

"Mr. Kelley is
    also what a ing convenient coincidence a Christian,"

and is unwilling to purchase health insurance plans that subsidize certain types of contraception or PrEP drugs "that encourage sexual behavior and intravenous drug use."

The plaintiffs are represented by attorney
    Jonathan Mitc ,
    TX SB8 / bounty hunter asshole

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/08/09/1115454627/preventive-care-such-as-birth-control-anti-hiv-medicine-challenged-in-texas-laws

If appealed to SCOTUS, the christo fascist Catholic political hacks will rule for Kelley

Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-09-2022 at 10:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information