Page 159 of 212 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 5286
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nikki Haley using the eye of the tiger as her campaign song so cringe
    ditto spotlighting John Hagee

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over 300 Anti-LGBTQ+ Bills Have Already Been Filed in 2023

It’s only February and we’ve nearly surpassed last year’s total of 315 bills.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/anti...lls-filed-2023

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-Drag Legislation Isn’t Just About Drag

The GOP's latest culture war front aims to ban or restrict drag performances,

yet the broad ways legislators are defining “drag” could hold grim consequences for trans people.

One West Virginia bill’s attempt to shield minors from “obscenity” includes “any transves e and/or transgender exposure, performances or display” as part of its definition,

which could make it illegal for trans people to merely exist around children.

In states like
    Texas, Kansas, South Dakota, Nebraska, and others, recently introduced bills define “drag performance” in sweeping terms, classifying a drag performer as someone who exhibits “a gender iden y that is different from the performer’s gender assigned at birth” and who sings, lip-syncs, dances, or otherwise performs before an audience, regardless of whether or not that performance is paid.

https://www.them.us/story/anti-drag-legislation-trans-community-drag-queens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ditto spotlighting John Hagee

Yup nothing new.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup nothing new.
    Reasonable moderates making common cause with coo-coo Christian nationalists is kinda new. As recently as 2008, McCain distanced himself from Hagee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reasonable moderates making common cause with coo-coo Christian nationalists is kinda new. As recently as 2008, McCain distanced himself from Hagee.

But then reasonable moderates who cast their lots with Trump had to deal with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But then reasonable moderates who cast their lots with Trump had to deal with it
    true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teasing civil war

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Dems are anti-American"

Also

"We should secede from America"

Incredible yet fairly common sentiment among a lot of "America First" conservatives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Dems are anti-American"

Also

"We should secede from America"

Incredible yet fairly common sentiment among a lot of "America First" conservatives.
    Marjorie lives in a blue state, maybe she should self-segregate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can sort of get why libertarians would celebrate the assassinations of JFK and Lincoln, but what have they got against McKinley and Garfield?

Last edited by Winehole23; 02-21-2023 at 08:42 PM. Reason: whoopsie, Garfield not Arthur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can sort of get why libertarians would celebrate the assassinations of JFK and Lincoln, but what have they got against McKinley and Arthur?

I'm a Libertarian and do not celebrate the assassinations of JFK and Lincoln as you put it, just wanted to put that out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Libertarian and do not celebrate the assassinations of JFK and Lincoln as you put it, just wanted to put that out there.
    you do capitalize it, which is odd, but not a problem. what's your beef with the NH libertarians? is there something wrong with libertarians celebrating the assassination of US presidents and if so, what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFK for being a Cold War liberal and Roman Catholic, Lincoln for suspending habeas corpus (inter alia) to muzzle seditious journalists, and for freeing the slaves.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey mjt and her supporters:

wanna divorce?
    wanna secede?

ok

just take the cyanide pill the moment cult daddy traitor orders it…and…MAGA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey mjt and her supporters:

wanna divorce?
    wanna secede?

ok

just take the cyanide pill the moment cult daddy traitor orders it…and…MAGA!
    Blame her streetfight boyfriend Zangief for all this talk of divorce and splitting.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Maybe you can help with this, but why don't any libertarians seem to give a about the government forcing people to carry unwanted pregnancies to term?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you do capitalize it, which is odd, but not a problem. what's your beef with the NH libertarians? is there something wrong with libertarians celebrating the assassination of US presidents and if so, what?
    Not sure why that's odd?But ok. As far as the second part of your posts goes, yes there is; I don't think you should celebrate the assassination of a President. I think Lincoln and JFK were both very good President's for what they did.Does that go against some thinking by other libertarians?Sure.But just because you are in the same party, doesn't mean you have to believe in and think the same regarding every single thing like the other members do right?

Overall, I don't like to talk politics with people as it just always leads to friction and arguments.Not saying that is happening here, but just saying. I live my life on my own terms with my own values and beliefs and I don't expect everyone to agree with them, and that is fine; to each their own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you can help with this, but why don't any libertarians seem to give a about the government forcing people to carry unwanted pregnancies to term?
    As above, I can't answer for others in my party and my thinking on that topic is not what you stated at all.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    As above, I can't answer for others in my party and my thinking on that topic is not what you stated at all.
    Why can't you answer for others in your party? I could easily explain why Democrats generally favor unions, sexual equality, a strong federal government, increased minimum wages and a variety of issues, even those I don't necessarily align with personally. I'm genuinely curious why one of the biggest issues of individual freedom and autonomy gets overlooked by libertarians in favor of stuff like seatbelts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonkers Republican bill in Idaho would make mRNA-based vaccination a crime
    It's unclear if the two lawmakers know what messenger RNA is exactly.

Two Republican lawmakers in Idaho have introduced a bill that would make it a misdemeanor for anyone in the state to administer mRNA-based vaccines—namely the lifesaving and remarkably safe COVID-19 vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. If passed as written, it would also preemptively ban the use of countless other mRNA vaccines that are now in development, such as shots for RSV, a variety of cancers, HIV, flu, Nipah virus, and cystic fibrosis, among others.

The bill is sponsored by Sen. Tammy Nichols of Middleton and Rep. Judy Boyle of Midvale, both staunch conservatives who say they stand for freedom and the right to life. But their bill, HB 154, proposes that "a person may not provide or administer a vaccine developed using messenger ribonucleic acid [mRNA] technology for use in an individual or any other mammal in this state." If passed into law, anyone administering lifesaving mRNA-based vaccines would be guilty of a misdemeanor, which could result in jail time and/or a fine.

While presenting the bill to the House Health & Welfare Committee last week, Nichols said their anti-mRNA stance stems from the fact that the COVID-19 vaccines were initially allowed under emergency use authorizations (EUAs) from the Food and Drug Administration, not the agency's full regulatory approval. "We have issues that this was fast-tracked," she told fellow lawmakers, according to reporting from local news outlet KXLY.com.

The EUAs for the two mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines were issued in December 2020, and the FDA has subsequently granted full approval to both (Pfizer-BioNTech's in August 2021 and Moderna's in January 2022). This was pointed out to Nichols in the hearing last week.

Safe, effective
    "They ultimately were approved under the ordinary approval process and did ultimately, you know, survive the scrutiny of being subjected to all the normal tests," Rep. Ilana Rubel, a democrat from Boise, said.

Nichols seemed unswayed by the point, however, with KTVB7 reporting that she responded that the FDA's approval "may not have been done like we thought it should've been done."

It's unclear what Nichols meant by that statement or why any potential questions about the regulatory review of two specific vaccines would justify criminalizing the use of all vaccines using a similar platform.

To date, more than 269 million people in the US have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine, and over 700 million doses of mRNA-based vaccines have gone into American arms, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The agency keeps close tabs on safety through various national surveillance systems. Although the shots do carry some risk (as is the case for any medical intervention), they have proven remarkably safe amid widespread use of hundreds of millions of doses in the US and worldwide. A study released late last year found that COVID-19 vaccination in the US alone averted more than 18 million additional hospitalizations and more than 3 million additional deaths from the pandemic coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2.

There have been rare reports of adverse events, including blood clots and inflammation of the heart muscle and lining (myocarditis and pericarditis). However, these problems are very rare, and, in the case of myocarditis and pericarditis, they tend to be mild. Independent health experts who advise the FDA and CDC have consistently determined that the risk of developing these conditions does not outweigh the benefits of vaccination.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2023...ation-a-crime/

smh, literally the party of stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why that's odd?But ok. As far as the second part of your posts goes, yes there is; I don't think you should celebrate the assassination of a President. I think Lincoln and JFK were both very good President's for what they did.Does that go against some thinking by other libertarians?Sure.But just because you are in the same party, doesn't mean you have to believe in and think the same regarding every single thing like the other members do right?

Overall, I don't like to talk politics with people as it just always leads to friction and arguments.Not saying that is happening here, but just saying. I live my life on my own terms with my own values and beliefs and I don't expect everyone to agree with them, and that is fine; to each their own.
    Thanks for your specific reply, that's a relative rarity in this forum.

You've said that you think political assassinations shouldn't be celebrated and in a way, I agree with you. Would-be assassins shouldn't celebrate, it draws attention.

What was your thinking?
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-21-2023 at 09:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do NH Libertarians applaud the work of Charles Guiteau and Leon Czolgosz? Just to be assholes?

Somebody please make it make sense. Have they been taken over by AnCaps?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone said, today's libertarians are just fascists who smoke pot and want to have sex with kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone said, today's libertarians are just fascists who smoke pot and want to have sex with kids.
    I guess one flipside of that is being ashamed to admit it, even on an anonymous forum. So many wishy washy libertarians here; they don't like discussing their preferences at all.

Thread Information