Page 2 of 206 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The authoritarian left gonna get the two scoops of Trump they've been begging for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing happens. Dems wear out their welcome, get overconfident and continue to trot out terrible candidates like Shillary or old Joe. The GOP keeps doing it's thing with gerrymandering, voter suppression and taking advantage of the dumb/uneducated voter.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    trump running in 2024 initially makes sense for him but i'm seeing it as impossible tbh.

too much legal trouble + his brain will be even mushier than it is now.

maybe ivanka / ted cruz 2024 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump running in 2024 initially makes sense for him but i'm seeing it as impossible tbh.

Uday is going to run sooner or later

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The party realignment marches on if Trump loses. Some new version of the TEA party will emerge and continue the unfinished business of replacing Rino's. I'm sure the never trumpers will try to return to lead the party but I don't think they can regain a place in the party at this point.

Dems will be the fun party to watch imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The party realignment marches on if Trump loses. Some new version of the TEA party will emerge and continue the unfinished business of replacing Rino's. I'm sure the never trumpers will try to return to lead the party but I don't think they can regain a place in the party at this point.

That'd be terrible for the GOP, I can't think they'll do that. Basically, if there's something to take from Trump's rise in the party is that the days of social conservatism litmus tests are over, and you clearly alienate more voters pandering to that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't sprain your brain. Trump going to win 2020.

America not voting for death and destruction.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Trump rerun in 2024

Washing my hat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe see what happens in this election first?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe see what happens in this election first?
    OP isn't prognosticating anything, just exploring one possible scenario. Calm down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uday is going to run sooner or later
    I would vote Uday before Ivanka/Cruz.

At least being dead, he would be more effective.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I see more of a populist message than a tea party message, just with someone a lot smarter and politically savvy than Trump. Senators like Hawley and Cotton are positioning themselves with the same populist message hat Trump has only in a much more eloquent way. Imo Cotton ed himself with that NYTmes oped about deploying federal troops on US streets and Hawley is the more electable one.

To your point, if the Dems get full control of Congress, there’s going to be a civil war that’ll be entertaining to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    say biden wins and there's a blue wave.

where does the republican party go? do they get more extreme or less? does the party break in half? what will their platform be?

do democrats, "independents", libertarians all grow in numbers?
    More extreme.

They have always been authoritarian and fascistic, they will get more so, and essentially give up on democracy itself. I see a big uptick in right-wing violence over the next 10 years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing happens. Dems wear out their welcome, get overconfident and continue to trot out terrible candidates like Shillary or old Joe. The GOP keeps doing it's thing with gerrymandering, voter suppression and taking advantage of the dumb/uneducated voter.

as will the democratic party

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as will the democratic party

your party is littered with fools like ducks and spurtacular and tsa and q anon loons.

i know you want to comfort yourself you’re not like them. But you are

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Democrats will do what they always do, shift the Overton Window further right every time the GOP runs past it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats will do what they always do, shift the Overton Window further right every time the GOP runs past it.
    That's why I've said it's a win win election

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Who you thinkin in 2024? Hawley or Cotton?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who you thinkin in 2024? Hawley or Cotton?
    Kristi Noem seems to be the most popular with the base atm

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Kristi Noem seems to be the most popular with the base atm
    Hawley seems more electable imo. Not saying that because of his views or anything, just has the "future president" vibe when he speaks, while Noem comes off as less mainstream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continued voter suppression increasing the power of the rich and widening the wealth gap while convictionless shills like you go "lol triggered libs."
    you actually think Biden will "take care of the little guy"?
    The rich will get richer and menial crap jobs for uneducated electorate will continue to be replaced by technology.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i really hope the GOP splits in two. let kasich lead one wing and let those total nutjobs rule the other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really hope the GOP splits in two. let kasich lead one wing and let those total nutjobs rule the other.
    I think the Never Trumper types are headed the Democrat party. There's no going back to the R's for them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think the Never Trumper types are headed the Democrat party. There's no going back to the R's for them.
    I think you're right and something is going to have to budge either way. The progressive left isn't going away any time soon, especially since ActBlue has made it so easy for prog candidates to crowdfund their campaigns, but a political party that has both AOC and Steve Schmidt under the same roof isn't built to last.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you actually think Biden will "take care of the little guy"?
    The rich will get richer and menial crap jobs for uneducated electorate will continue to be replaced by technology.
    so what is your party doing to stop this? This is your chance to make real big boy argument as to why any thinking person should support republican candidates?

Other than the fear racism sexism and self loathing, of course

Thread Information