Page 3 of 206 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're right and something is going to have to budge either way. The progressive left isn't going away any time soon, especially since ActBlue has made it so easy for prog candidates to crowdfund their campaigns, but a political party that has both AOC and Steve Schmidt under the same roof isn't built to last.
    you really think the progressive left is going to remain a political movement? Will they do what they have never done before? Consistently show up and vote to make their voices heard.

if they do become engaged, then they will absolutely have a seat at the table. Progressive ideas that actually help people are perpetually popular. Just no one shows up enough to make them approach reality.

hope it’s not another phase

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you actually think Biden will "take care of the little guy"?
    It's weird that that's what you took from my post since I didn't mention Biden or "taking care of the little guy." Like, why even put that in quotes when I didn't say it?

Objectively, Republican policies lead more quickly to bigger wealth gaps. We'll get more tax cuts, fewer regulations and the same stagnant wages for the underpaid. With Biden there's at least some hope that we don't.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    you really think the progressive left is going to remain a political movement? Will they do what they have never done before? Consistently show up and vote to make their voices heard.

if they do become engaged, then they will absolutely have a seat at the table. Progressive ideas that actually help people are perpetually popular. Just no one shows up enough to make them approach reality.

hope it’s not another phase
    I think it'll remain a movement because unlike boomers, millennials are still going to be broke as in 10 years. Millennials/Gen Zers aren't going to get more conservative as they get older the way other generations do simply because they have no money.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it'll remain a movement because unlike boomers, millennials are still going to be broke as in 10 years. Millennials/Gen Zers aren't going to get more conservative as they get older the way other generations do simply because they have no money.

i hope the idea of reforming the system broken by older people still appeals to them.

the tell tale sign for you will be in 2 years. It’s easy for a decent thinking person to be repelled by today’s party of trump.

but when McConnell finished cratering the economy, and then stops all attempts to help the least powerful, will they continue to show up to vote and make changes that are beneficial and lasting

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    in 2016 i wanted there to four candidates: bernie / hil / cruz / trump.

even today there could be four parties: left / moderate d / "moderate" r / wackos.

i don't seem the democrats wanting to split though. intriguing future for the dems.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than the fear racism sexism and self loathing, of course
    lol self loathing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol self loathing

What's wrong with this? Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, the Pope washed the feet of refugees and prisoners. Its a noble sign of humility in this divided world we live in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol self loathing

actually your fear and how much you hate yourself for being afraid is more obvious than anyone’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as will the democratic party
    Democrats have a lot of problems, but openly embracing the uneducated, anti-intellectual ain't one of them, tbh.

Doesn't mean everyone is bright though, I would agree with that. Have to look no further than boutons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Never Trumper types are headed the Democrat party. There's no going back to the R's for them.
    It could also be that they become the new mainstream R party, after the looney tunes part of the GOP self-combusts, and the progressive wing of the Dems gain a bigger foothold in the party.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong with this? Jesus washed the feet of his disciples, the Pope washed the feet of refugees and prisoners. Its a noble sign of humility in this divided world we live in.
    it's ing stupid because everyone has shoes now, empty sentiment

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It could also be that they become the new mainstream R party, after the looney tunes part of the GOP self-combusts, and the progressive wing of the Dems gain a bigger foothold in the party.
    I don't see it. We all saw what happened in 2012 when the Rs tried running on a bland corporatist agenda. Their next move is to continue embracing Trump's pseudo-populism only with a candidate who's well spoken and looks presidential to suburban women.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats have a lot of problems, but openly embracing the uneducated, anti-intellectual ain't one of them, tbh.

Doesn't mean everyone is bright though, I would agree with that. Have to look no further than boutons.
    Honestly the AOC squad progressive wing are doing what the hard rights did in safe republican districts, primarying the moderates to push their agenda further, a new R party should start by going after those seats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it. We all saw what happened in 2012 when the Rs tried running on a bland corporatist agenda. Their next move is to continue embracing Trump's pseudo-populism only with a candidate who's well spoken and looks presidential to suburban women.
    I get this, but Trump worked because he was Trump. ie: a con man with a known face from the outside that had no political past and hijacked a desperate party promising things you'll never hear a career GOP politician promise. And at the end of the day, he might cause much more damage to the brand than a milquetoast politician.

So the question is, who can fill those shoes? It can't be a career politician. That's why I was thinking Uday, but it has to be something like that.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no looney tunes part of the GOP. They're just the GOP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in 2016 i wanted there to four candidates: bernie / hil / cruz / trump.

even today there could be four parties: left / moderate d / "moderate" r / wackos.

i don't seem the democrats wanting to split though. intriguing future for the dems.
    Impossible, the way the president is selected means the cons ution has virtually enshrined the two party system into our national politics. The only way to have three or more viable national parties would be to write a whole new cons ution.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Impossible, the way the president is selected means the cons ution has virtually enshrined the two party system into our national politics. The only way to have three or more viable national parties would be to write a whole new cons ution.
    I could see it if every state went to a ranked ballot system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's weird that that's what you took from my post since I didn't mention Biden or "taking care of the little guy." Like, why even put that in quotes when I didn't say it?

Objectively, Republican policies lead more quickly to bigger wealth gaps. We'll get more tax cuts, fewer regulations and the same stagnant wages for the underpaid. With Biden there's at least some hope that we don't.
    These huge wealth gaps everyone loves to moan about are mostly entrepreneurs that built companies from zero and those billions they have are based on the appreciation of their stock in their companies. Its not dollars in their pocket its in the value of the companies they created. , Bezos started from nothing in his garage and built Amazon. Jobs and Woz started in their garage and built Apple. Google was a little startup going up against giant Yahoo and kicked their ass. Its something to respect, not resent.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    These huge wealth gaps everyone loves to moan about are mostly entrepreneurs that built companies from zero and those billions they have are based on the appreciation of their stock in their companies. Its not dollars in their pocket its in the value of the companies they created. , Bezos started from nothing in his garage and built Amazon. Jobs and Woz started in their garage and built Apple. Google was a little startup going up against giant Yahoo and kicked their ass. Its something to respect, not resent.

You plebs should respect your corporate oligarchs when you're waiting in line at the food bank! They were just willing to work harder than you did!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see it if every state went to a ranked ballot system.
    So impossible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You plebs should respect your corporate oligarchs when you're waiting in line at the food bank! They were just willing to work harder than you did!
    Maybe not harder, but certainly smarter. They took big risks and succeeded. Im not going to resent them like you do.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Maybe not harder, but certainly smarter. They took big risks and succeeded. Im not going to resent them like you do.
    right, the only difference between Jeff Bezos and a crack baby born in Camden, New Jersey is that Bezos was smarter and willing to take more risk than the crack baby was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right, the only difference between Jeff Bezos and crack baby born in Camden, New Jersey is that Bezos was smarter and willing to take more risk than the crack baby was.
    Blaming your failure on your mother. That's pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes bezos started from nothing right before he got 250k from his parents

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Blaming your failure on your mother. That's pathetic.
    CC resulting to personal attacks when he has no arguments left

Thread Information