Page 49 of 212 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 5283
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what happens?

nothing new, non-stop, hilarious hypocrisy, lies, slander, racism, misogyny, etc

Republicans Quiet During Trump’s Praise Of China Demand Answers On Virus Now

The former president spent months thanking China’s dictator for his transparency and cooperation on COVID-19 before changing tacks to vilify him and his country.

Republicans suddenly demanding that President Joe Biden press China about the origins of the pandemic-causing coronavirus had little interest in such accountability a year ago when a president of their own party was heaping praise on the Communist regime.

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus,” Trump wrote in a Jan. 24, 2020, Twitter post.

“The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency.

It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/china-trump-republicans-coronavirus_n_60ad5898e4b0a2568318c565

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demagoguing vaccines isn't just for Hollywood liberals anymore

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over 30 Million Americans Believe in QAnon’s Most Outrageous Conspiracy

The single best predictor of whether someone believes in QAnon is which TV news station they watch.

the single best predictor is which TV news station you watch, with those who favor right-wing sources up to nine times more likely to believe in the conspiracy than those who trust mainstream broadcast network news.

whopping 15% of Americans—roughly 31 million people—believed in the completely unfounded claim that “the government, media, and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation.”

figure jumped to 20%—or 42 million Americans—for the less outlandish, but still baseless, claim that “there is a storm coming soon that will sweep away the elites in power and restore the rightful leaders.”

15% of Americans agreed that “because things have gotten so far off track, true American patriots may have to resort to violence in order to save our country.”

people who trusted right-wing news sources—such as One America News and Newsmax—were the most inclined to believe in core QAnon conspiracies, with 40% of them agreeing with the statement about Satan-worshipping pedophiles running a global child sex trafficking operation.

Around 18% of people who mostly watch Fox News said they believe the statement about a global pedophile ring,

while 21% of people who don’t watch any TV news agreed with the statement.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4avx99/over-30-million-americans-believe-in-qanons-most-outrageous-conspiracy

America is ed and un able.

Many 10Ms of people successfully propagandized, deluded, swindled by Capitalists and Capitalism and grifting preachers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    do you think they vote Democratic?

Gun Church That Worships With AR-15s Bought a 40-Acre Compound in Texas for Its ‘Patriots’

The Rod of Iron Ministries has become more militant since leader Hyung Jin “Sean” Moon attended the riot at the U.S. Capitol on January 6.

A religious sect known for worshipping with AR-15s and its MAGA politics has purchased a sprawling, 40-acre compound in central Texas, which it hopes will offer a safe-haven for “patriots” from what they believe is an imminent war brought by the “deep state,”

the Sanctuary Church aka Rod of Iron Ministries, led by Pastor Hyung Jin “Sean” Moon. Members of the congregation often refer to him as “King.”

it’s a direct descendant of the much larger Unification Church, founded by his father, Rev. Sun Myung Moon, a self-proclaimed messiah and accused cult leader

Moon says he was inspired by a biblical passage in the Book of Revelation that talked about Jesus using a “rod of iron” to protect himself and others. He concluded this was a reference to AR-15s, and integrated high-powered firearms into regular church services, including wedding ceremonies.

He founded the church with the support of his brother, Kook-jin “Justin” Moon, the CEO of Kahr Arms, a gun manufacturing company headquartered nearby.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3dp8j/gun-church-that-worships-with-ar-15s-bought-a-40-acre-compound-in-texas-for-its-patriots?utm_source=email&utm_medium=editorial&utm _content=daily&utm_campaign=210527

beautiful downtown Thornton

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thornton,+TX+76687/@31.4110077,-96.5722013,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipOezC3N1KivBFdO_DWgZ6dgj1 f2Fsuwa3kT9bvg!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleu sercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOezC3N1KivBFdO_DWgZ6dgj 1f2Fsuwa3kT9bvg%3Dw203-h152-k-no!7i4032!8i3024!4m5!3m4!1s0x8645f97cdf0e0453:0xb8 ebe85e8a33b79b!8m2!3d31.4110077!4d-96.5722013

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP Can’t Be Saved—and Neither Can Paul Ryan

Ryan has become the latest Republican to urge his party to relinquish Trumpism and return to its principled past.

The problem is, that past doesn’t exist.

the Republican Party has now mainstreamed infection and insurrection,

Ryan was an Ayn Rand sock puppet on a personal crusade to starve the government of resources so it could not deliver services.

a return to the days where Republicans expressed their cruelty through charts and graphs instead of tweets and slurs.

Ryan just wants the cult of tax cuts to reassert its dominance over the cult of Trump.

while the current GOP rhetoric is overtly racist, the old GOP policies have long been as well.

has attacked the social safety net through racist depictions of “welfare queens” and other “takers,”

while carrying out union-busting in the name of the “white” working class.

Its fiscal plan has long been to give more benefits to the already rich

while providing fewer services to the currently struggling—and

then call those who struggle “lazy” or lacking in “personal responsibility.”

Republican policies are broadly unpopular and empirically ineffectual, so the people peddling them realized long ago that

they must be tethered to some hysterical lie or cultural threat to keep just enough white people voting against their own economic interests.

anti-Trump Republicans will keep spinning the same, tired message about fiscal restraint

that nobody except three pundits on a Sunday show cares about, and

wonder when the racists they used to rely on will come home to “the party of Lincoln”

—which is a phrase Republicans invented to make themselves feel better
    while their voters stocked up on Confederate flags.

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/paul-ryan-trump/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Illiberal flame':

Why 'smarmy' Republicans who want Trump to recede from politics won't abandon his worst ideas

"When Republicans say they want Trump to recede into the background," Shephard writes,

"it's only for the basest political reasons:

His very presence engenders a furious countermobilization from Democrats,

which must be avoided at all costs if the party wants to win.

But the rest of it —

the xenophobia, the authoritarianism, the endless culture war, the attacks on voting rights —
    aka traditional Repuglicanism

is here to stay."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/05/trump-gop-2653183933/

"the rest of it" ? the Repugs pushed it all long before Trash, it's the foundation of Repug Euro-white male supremacy
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-31-2021 at 02:50 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    'Illiberal flame':

Why 'smarmy' Republicans who want Trump to recede from politics won't abandon his worst ideas

"When Republicans say they want Trump to recede into the background," Shephard writes,

"it's only for the basest political reasons:

His very presence engenders a furious countermobilization from Democrats,

which must be avoided at all costs if the party wants to win.

But the rest of it —

the xenophobia, the authoritarianism, the endless culture war, the attacks on voting rights —
    aka traditional Repuglicanism

is here to stay."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/05/trump-gop-2653183933/

"the rest of it" ? the Repugs pushed it all long before Trash, it's the foundation of Repug Euro-white male supremacy
    Yes, the politicians, but the vast lion's share of the 75 million want him to continue to stomp mud holes and proceed to walk them dry. That fact is what keeps the aforementioned by you politicians in line. They don't want to be on the outside looking in, relegated to the CNN Green Room and a bread line.

As long as Trump draws breath upon the earth they'll do what the they're told. Sure, they ain't gonna like it, but they'll soldier, or, end up on the CNN.
    tee, hee.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if srs, fake news
    it's a joke

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, the politicians, but the vast lion's share of the 75 million want him to continue to stomp mud holes and proceed to walk them dry. That fact is what keeps the aforementioned by you politicians in line. They don't want to be on the outside looking in, relegated to the CNN Green Room and a bread line.

As long as Trump draws breath upon the earth they'll do what the they're told. Sure, they ain't gonna like it, but they'll soldier, or, end up on the CNN.
    tee, hee.
    not

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ans-poll-finds

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just because something is posted on the Internet don't mean it's true, fred.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because something is posted on the Internet don't mean it's true, fred.
    agreed, can you prove that the vast lion's share continues to support trump? Probably not so I won't take your word for it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    agreed, can you prove that the vast lion's share continues to support trump? Probably not so I won't take your word for it.
    Frankly I do not care if you believe me, fred.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly I do not care if you believe me, fred.
    I know because you live in an alt reality

another link for you
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-loses...t-poll-1586862

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I know because you live in an alt reality

another link for you
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-loses...t-poll-1586862
    I don't do linksPERIOD

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Too perfect

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    officer corps works hard to build solidarity among the grunts, Crenshaw wants to divide the military, wants snitches

dumb-as-a-rock Texas bag Rep. Dan Crenshaw

asks soldiers to report 'wokeness' in military ranks,

is trolled into oblivion

Continuing the Republican tradition of pretending at maximum manly toughness while thumping through life with shows of oddly weaponized gutlessness,

it's Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw and Arkansas' Sen. Tom Cotton leading a new charge against Rampant Theoretical Wokeness in our nation's tough manly military.

Crenshaw announced it on Twitter with suitable turgidity:

"We won't let our military fall to woke ideology,"
    he puffed.

The Crenshaw-Cotton response is a new "whistleblower webpage"

where you can "submit your story" of being, um, exposed to Wokeness.

He
    promises to expose the "spineless military commanders" who have failed to oppose "progressive Pentagon staffers" who "have been calling the shots."
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...-into-oblivion

Did Crenshaw notice that the military has 100Ks of black officers and men?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-07-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug baggery, esp the misogyny, is deep and wide

IDAHO STATE LEGISLATOR DOXXED A SEXUAL ASSAULT SURVIVOR, DRAWING ETHICS COMPLAINTS

Rep. Priscilla Giddings, a candidate for Idaho lieutenant governor, circulated articles exposing the iden y of a woman alleging assault by another lawmaker.

Giddings is not only an elected official, but also a major in the Air Force Reserves, where she serves as an admissions officer for the Air Force Academy and Reserve Officers’ Training Corps, working with young people considering a future in the military.

The targeting of Doe did not stop with Giddings’s Facebook post and newsletter.

On April 28, the day of the public hearing — where Doe spoke using the pseudonym and from behind a curtain to protect her iden y — three women followed her and Hightower through the Idaho state Capitol.

One was supposedly a member of the media and the other two, according to Hightower, “are definitely connected to far-right fringe groups.”

After Doe gave testimony at the hearing, Hightower rushed her to a safe location and had to shield her from hecklers with an umbrella.

Giddings herself testified as a witness for von Ehlinger, and she continued to degrade Doe in her testimony.

https://theintercept.com/2021/06/03/idaho-ethics-priscilla-giddings

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't do linksPERIOD
    you don’t do reality

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't do linksPERIOD
    you don’t do reality

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you don’t do reality
    Just because something is lodged on the Internet don't make it reality, fred.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because something is lodged on the Internet don't make it reality, fred.
    So prove that the vast majority of republicans support trump as you wrote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pucker factor seems to high on both sides

Thread Information