Page 1 of 130 123451151101 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that we can all agree that regulated legal immigration is a good thing and unregulated illegal immigration is a bad thing.

What do you suggest as a reasonable compromise to promote legal immigration and curb illegal immigration that both political parties could agree on?

Lets see some ideas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that we can all agree that regulated legal immigration is a good thing and unregulated illegal immigration is a bad thing.

What do you suggest as a reasonable compromise to promote legal immigration and curb illegal immigration that both political parties could agree on?

Lets see some ideas.
    Give everyone coming over a comprehensive health exam. And also a lie detector test to find out what their intentions are.
    Then put chips in them and monitor them for 2 years.

Will that work?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hire more immigration judges and kill the backlog of cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make it illegal to hire undo ented immigrants. Oh wait it’s already illegal. Then how about just enforcing it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ones here now make them legal in 25 years or get out come back in
    Fine them 2k a year all money for wall
    Stop making kids USA citizens just because mom is in US
    Must be legal citizen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make it illegal to hire undo ented immigraifnts. Oh wait it’s already illegal. Then how about just enforcing it?
    They would just get food stamps from gov if not working

Coming here is illegal already if not doing it the right way
    Just enforce it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People that are not legal USA citizens do not have the same rights as people in the USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone born in the US (except for the children of diplomats) is a US citizen, period. that's the law.

the US Congress knew what they were doing when they passed the 14th Amendment and the Civil Rights Act of 1866. it's easily checkable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make it illegal to hire undo ented immigrants. Oh wait it’s already illegal. Then how about just enforcing it?
    I agree with this. Every employer should be required to use everify and the current laws against hiring should be rigidly enforced. Using everify also snags child support dodgers as an additional benefit.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    well.....not the ones that work for trump of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not a fan of illegal immigration myself, but I’d like to understand what specific problems we’re trying to address?

I can only think of crime-related, bad elements coming in, mostly national security.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what specific problems we’re trying to address?
    "we"? not we

but Trash is inflaming, suckering his white nationalist/nativist base, with racist Nazi Stephen Miller and his accomplices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not a fan of illegal immigration myself, but I’d like to understand what specific problems we’re trying to address?

I can only think of crime-related, bad elements coming in, mostly national security.
    I think most of us in here (besides Boutons) realize how lucky we were to be born in the US. We also get that it must suck to be born in a hole country with a crappy government and no economic upward mobility. At the same time we simply have no need for uneducated, marginally employable economic immigrants that can't speak the language and can't assimilate into becoming productive citizens in our advanced economy.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Conservative asscheeks clench up when you start talking about stiffer penalties for employers who hire illegals. They (rightfully so) hate illegal immigration but don’t want to entertain the common sense deterrent of making less jobs available to illegals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ones here now make them legal in 25 years or get out come back in
    Fine them 2k a year all money for wall
    Stop making kids USA citizens just because mom is in US
    Must be legal citizen
    all this so you can pee pee on them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think a long term issue is jobs. BigRobot will continue to replace HumanAmericans in the work force. What are all these new people going to do?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jail time for hiring illegals is the only way it would work. Which is why it's not done. Conservatives in power love demonizing illegals but don't want to really stop them from working here for fear of what it could do to raise wages.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservative asscheeks clench up when you start talking about stiffer penalties for employers who hire illegals. They (rightfully so) hate illegal immigration but don’t want to entertain the common sense deterrent of making less jobs available to illegals.
    No, they hate illegals but nothing conservatives have done in power makes me think they don't like illegal immigration.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . At the same time we simply have no need for uneducated, marginally employable economic immigrants that can't speak the language and can't assimilate into becoming productive citizens in our advanced economy.
    The majority of illegal immigrants for the last five years or so overstay valid visas, are college degreed and English speaking.

The present and future of immigration to the US is from Asia.

You and the most of the posters are fixed on the wave of the past. Central American immigration will never completely go away, but to push it forward as typical of the aggregate is misleading at best, ignorant at worst.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans aren't going to work as abused, poisoned, underpaid/unpaid ag / farm hands

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're talking about Central American migrants, here's gotta be a clearer legal pathway to work. Agriculture, construction and hospitality need the workers and boutons isn't wrong that that some of these jobs (agriculture) Americans simply won't do.

An aging workforce, a below replacement birth rate and full employment might mean that we need much more immigration, not much less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think most of us in here (besides Boutons) realize how lucky we were to be born in the US. We also get that it must suck to be born in a hole country with a crappy government and no economic upward mobility. At the same time we simply have no need for uneducated, marginally employable economic immigrants that can't speak the language and can't assimilate into becoming productive citizens in our advanced economy.
    Well I’m personally not on the lucky boat of being born in the US, so I can’t relate to that.

I don’t particularly see a jobs problem either, we’ve been shifting manufacturing overseas for a long time. Standard of living, law and order and justice system, I think, are a bigger enticement, but again, those are factors for outsiders to come in, not something that causes problems for people living here already.

If our economy needs largely uneducated daily laborers, I also don’t see a problem with that, supply and demand. I do draw the line at people that are unwilling to follow the law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But then who will wash the bed sheets at Mar Del Lago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyways, I think the thread le goes into the heart of why you would want an ordered immigration process: security. The entire immigration debate is much bigger than that though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lets see some ideas.
    How about we form an agency that patrols the border looking for illegal immigrants

Thread Information