Page 156 of 206 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 5144
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the "minimum wage" even relevant? The real minimum wage in San Antonio appears to be $14+ based on what entry level positions at HEB, QT, WalMart, Target,Bill Millers, etc. are going for.
    The federal minimum wage for covered nonexempt employees is $7.25 per hour. In Texas, the minimum wage is $7.25.

https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/minimum-wage/state#tx

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the "minimum wage" even relevant? The real minimum wage in San Antonio appears to be $14+ based on what entry level positions at HEB, QT, WalMart, Target,Bill Millers, etc. are going for.
    Cmon dude. This is so out of touch. There is tons of people still making minimum wage or under $10 an hour.

and yes wages are higher in big cities. But, they are most definitely paying far less in holes like three rivers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cmon dude. This is so out of touch. There is tons of people still making minimum wage or under $10 an hour.

and yes wages are higher in big cities. But, they are most definitely paying far less in holes like three rivers
    I guess I'm out of touch. My first "paycheck" job was $1.25 an hour at 15. I'd been mowing yards a lot longer than that. And Yeah, it was "entry level" but the more skills I acquired over time the more people were willing to pay for my services. Its the same everywhere whether you are in SA or Three Rivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checking glass door at Valero refinery in three rivers the lowest salary (intern trainee position) was $57,000 a year. They probably drug test though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And seriously, anyone only making $10 an hour in SA must be seriously dysfunctional. There are jobs freaking everywhere paying more than that.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I guess I'm out of touch. My first "paycheck" job was $1.25 an hour at 15. I'd been mowing yards a lot longer than that. And Yeah, it was "entry level" but the more skills I acquired over time the more people were willing to pay for my services. Its the same everywhere whether you are in SA or Three Rivers.
    Adjusted for inflation, $1.25/hr when you were fifteen is still significantly higher than the current minimum wage, Mr Bootstraps.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Cool and your first house was $7,500.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point being, minimum wage jobs are designed as entry level jobs. Gain skills, make more money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC with the "if I could do it" garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " if a tall white guy like me could do it in Texas in the 70s..."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Point being, minimum wage jobs are designed as entry level jobs. Gain skills, make more money.
    And yet still, minimum wage jobs used to at least be a semi-livable wage, and they’re not anymore.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...out-of-poverty

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    " if a tall white guy like me could do it in Texas in the 70s..."
    Amazing how the most spoiled, pampered generation in American history is delusional enough to believe they just bootstrapped it all their lives with no advantages.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You're talking about this on an individual level instead of a macro level. There aren't enough "make more money" jobs for everyone who currently makes minimum wage to move into. People are entering the workforce at higher rates than people are retiring. Yes, the top performing minimum wage earners will move up but there are always going to be some who won't because there aren't enough higher paying jobs for everyone, especially as automation increases.

It's not about merit, it's about a baseline level that increases comparable to costs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC with the "if I could do it" garbage
    Blake with the "I'm a loser and will always be a loser"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much sums up the new GOP:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your moving the goalpost through. That’s not the point. The original point you made was “well the real minimum wage is x dollars an hour in SA”. And that just isn’t true. There is plenty of places paying under $10 an hour. As far as your oil refinery job, no . Way to cherry pick that. Not everyone in 3 rivers works at the oil refinery. And that’s to not even get started on the nonsense that is waiter/waitress minimum wage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some are some are not. That still doesn't excuse the disparity in inflation and wage growth over the past 30 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake with the "I'm a loser and will always be a loser"
    Lol for all any of us know, you're typing on a library computer on the Southside getting ready to go back to your HEB cart

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need to make an average income graph for spurstalk where 100% of people are over 200k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we need to make an average income graph for spurstalk where 100% of people are over 200k
    I'll get my butler's CPA on it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your moving the goalpost through. That’s not the point. The original point you made was “well the real minimum wage is x dollars an hour in SA”. And that just isn’t true. There is plenty of places paying under $10 an hour. As far as your oil refinery job, no . Way to cherry pick that. Not everyone in 3 rivers works at the oil refinery. And that’s to not even get started on the nonsense that is waiter/waitress minimum wage.
    I made several points. No goal post move but the conversation shifted. Please tell me where a legal citizen with a high school education or GED in San Antonio is making $10 an hour.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made several points. No goal post move but the conversation shifted. Please tell me where a legal citizen with a high school education or GED in San Antonio is making $10 an hour.
    day porter Velociti Services

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Annual Income* of Spurstalk members

Over 200K - 100%

*In Venezuelan Bolivar (~$0.089)
    Last edited by Ef-man; 02-01-2023 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Even Better Currency Rate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    day porter Velociti Services
    Yeah, I looked it up. You are correct about the ad. Looks like they haven't hired anyone either.

Thread Information