Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 5137
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yoga is from Satan

Dip Texas republicans trying to head in this direction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loser asshole black Elder is supposedly now a "force" in the racist Repug party. up, fail up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey you’re still here just loving getting pissed and defecated on by everyone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Political violence in the Repug party platform on the path to Repug fascism

GOP candidate speaking at 'Justice for J6' rally declares

the 'time for civility is done'

https://www.rawstory.com/september-1...y-mike-collins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans fear more GOP lawmakers will quit due to continuing influence of Trump

Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH) to not run for re-election in 2022 has Ohio Republicans

pointedly calling the former president a "cancer" within the GOP

the popular lawmaker, "... was an up-and-coming star,

who made, I think, a terrible political calculation, and paid a price for it." he voted to impeach

the loss of Gonzalez is a blow to the party's future.

one of … the most honorable public servants that I've ever known.

And the idea that the Republican Party is going to drive people like him out tells you that the party is at a moment that is very perilous for us,"

the departure of the lawmaker is a blow to the party in many ways.

For some Republicans in a GOP now ruled over by Trump, it isn't worth the fight.

Roughly half of the 241 Republicans in the House when Trump took office have or will have left the chamber by 2023

Republicans at odds with Trump's behavior after the election — most significantly his promotion of the lie that the 2020 election was stolen — will slowly be squeezed out."

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-gop-exodus
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-18-2021 at 10:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reportedly, Mike Pence and his wife did not return to the White House after jan 6th

When you have to go to work on Monday after you ordered the deaths of 7 children and 3 adult civilians.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC now cares about civilian and child deaths during war.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reportedly, Mike Pence and his wife did not return to the White House after jan 6th
    Good! He should've never been there in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white supremacist chanting from Charlottesville in 2017 is now standard issue GOP talking points

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fascism makes a comeback —

but nothing about its methods is especially new

he explores connections between how fascists lied in the past and how contemporary fascist leaders like Trump or Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro lie in the present.

"There are many connections because they lie in the same way."

fascists make a point of fabricating issues out of thin air. They don't merely exaggerate, dissemble or put a biased spin on things.

"They want to change the world in order for the world to resemble those lies,"

It is a universal and unmistakable characteristic of fascist politics, he said, but "not typical of other political traditions."

Overturning elections based on Big Lies is only one Republican method of suppressing votes.

In the aftermath of Trump's 2020 election Big Lie, more than two dozen laws that make it harder to vote have been passed in at least 18 states.

These include measures that limit voting days, voting hours and drop boxes, restrict assistance to voters, bar sending out unsolicited absentee ballot applications and add new voter ID requirements.

these policies are similar to those that smothered democracy for Black people during the Jim Crow era.

To reject that similarity, he wrote, "mistakes both the nature and the operation of Jim Crow voting laws"

Nazi lawyers closely studied Jim Crow laws and used them as a model for their Nuremberg Laws,

passed to legally degrade Jews both as citizens and as a race.

The Nazis kept close tabs on American race policies and

used them to come up with ways of disenfranchising groups they wished to keep marginalized,

although even they sometimes found American methods to be too brutal.

"Fascism always takes on the nationalist character of its own country,"

"One would expect this particular version of fascism to be derived from our own American past."

revived American fascism uses gerrymandering, the filibuster and

the
    vagaries of the Electoral College

to make sure that Republicans hold a vastly disproportionate share of power. The Cons ution's EC and Senate are a huge enablers of fascism

Jefferson later wrote, because it was

"not effected indeed by the sword, as that,

but by the rational and peaceable instrument of reform, the suffrage of the people.

The nation declared its will by dismissing functionaries of one principle, and

electing those of another in the two branches, executive and legislative, submitted to their election."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-and-fascism-2655060818

60% of Repugs believe The BIG LIE that Trump is the legitimate President.

America is ed and un able. Capitalist/Christian fascism is inevitable. GAMEOVER

Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-20-2021 at 07:36 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As 10Ks of Repugs are diseased and dying ...

Crazed GOP Candidates Compare Vaccine Mandates To Nazi Genocide

Mark McCloskey, who is running for the Republican nomination for the Missouri Senate seat held by retiring Sen. Roy Blunt, took offense at the executive order.

"Actually accusing us of being the enemy. That this is 'a pandemic of the unvaccinated.'

I mean, if we had Stars of David on our chests 70 years ago, it would be absolutely no different,"

McCloskey told the audience at
    a candidate forum on Wednesday.

"They're singling us out for persecution, prosecution, and eventually forced inoculation."

Vernon Jones, a Republican candidate for governor in Georgia, sounded a similar note in an interview broadcast Sunday on former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani's radio show.

"We look at what Joe Biden is doing, he wants to mandate the COVID vaccination, and not even for Congress, they're exempt, his staff is exempt. He's acting like Hitler. This is not a police state," said Jones.

Ohio Senate candidate Josh Mandel, who tweeted, "Do NOT comply with the tyranny.

When the gestapo show up at your front door, you know what to do,"

https://www.nationalmemo.com/anti-vax-candidates

Repugs pola are ignorant and devoid of ideas, and they know their voters are more stupid and ignorant than themselves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs have become really dangerous to the USA, getting worse

'The Big Lie is getting bigger':

Republicans demand election audits in counties where Trump won big

Republicans in at least nine counties that former president Donald Trump won by more than 24 points are calling for Arizona-style audits of 2020 election results despite no evidence of widespread fraud

https://www.rawstory.com/trumps-big-lie-2655063268

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'You've messed up when you ban Rosa Parks':

Children's book author denounces Pennsylvania ban

After the right-wing ginned-up outrage over fake controversy "critical race theory," one Texas school has banned a children's book about Rosa Parks.

During the debate over CRT,

many argued that the racist policies banned teaching civil rights
    leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. and others,

but the outrage was so insistent that the censorship laws were passed anyway.

a Black principal was put on leave because he posted a photo of him and his white wife on Facebook.

York, Pennsylvania school is banning books depicting other Black leaders under the guise that it violates the ban on CRT.

https://www.rawstory.com/critical-race-theory-bans-rosa-parks

Black Rosa Parks defied white supremacy. Kids must not learn that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'White nationalism and white supremacy is now a key ideology of the Republican Party

the new GOP conspiracy from "critical race theory" to the "great replacement theory," Hasan explained it's just another opportunity for Republicans to promote white supremacy.

"It's white nationalist propaganda," he said.

"It's the kind of thing that led to Hispanics being gunned down in El Paso.

It led to Jews being massacred in a synagogue in Pittsburgh.

It used to be backed by Trump alone.

Now it's Elise Stefanik, who is supposed to be a moderate Republican.

In 2016, she didn't show up to the RNC because she objected to Trump.

Now she's pushing this nonsense.

white supremacy is now a key ideology of the Republican Party.

It's not white nationalist adjacent.

It's part and parcel of the party's views.

https://www.rawstory.com/white-nationalism-republican-party-ideology

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that the country should be divided in two. The rift between the white christian fascists and the rest of the country is getting wider and wider.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think that the country should be divided in two. The rift between the white christian fascists and the rest of the country is getting wider and wider.
    - "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana county rejects $3 million health grant after COVID-19 conspiracy theories sway council vote

the county council of Elkhart County, Indiana just provided a good example.

This week the northern Indiana county voted to

reject $3 million in federal funds that were requested by
    its own health department,

after local residents deluged the council with conspiracy theories about COVID-19 and the federal government's supposedly sinister role in combating and containing it.

The money sought by the health department was intended to pay for the the hiring of six badly-needed new health care staff, and

was solicited in direct response to
    a health needs survey of the county's two major hospitals

which had found the county's Black, Hispanic and Amish residents weren't getting enough information relating to preventable health conditions such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease.

This boilerplate contractual provision apparently smacked of sheer "government tyranny" and overreach to many of these folks,

who had obviously absorbed all of their knowledge about COVID-19 from Fox News and inflammatory right-wing social media postings.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/09/2655063712/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug lawyer

'They are willing to kill people':

Sidney Powell says 'angels' are protecting her from being murdered

https://www.rawstory.com/sidney-powe...ction-evidence

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why Republican elites are deliberately anti-vaxx - and more.

there is no point in expecting Republican elites to deal in good faith on anything.

Republicans pushing anti-vaxx policies and concludes that the whole point of the exercise is to make Biden and the Democrats fail at controlling the pandemic.

Quite simply, it’s more important for them to make Democrats lose than it is for America to win.

Pick any issue and that's what their dynamic is.

They REPUGS inhabit

a political culture that embraces and even prizes bad faith as a means to acquiring power.

it remains the cardinal fact of American politics.

you know that they know these positions don’t meet any test of principle or consistency—and also that they don’t care. You just want other people to see what you see.

a compelling case that there is no point in trying to deal in good faith with the Republican Party.

Joe Biden awoke late to the nature of this opposition, ... At the same time, he remains committed, at least in public, to the view that

Republicans can be persuaded to be loyal opponents.

The Republican Party’s core rottenness—its dishonesty, corruption, pettiness, racism—is the defining political fact of our time.

one of the two major parties has embraced bad faith as an organizing principle

The prospect of gaining legitimate power in a modern, humane world strikes them as impossible, because they can’t imagine reconciling themselves to such a world and the desires of its free people.
    Lazarus Long IIRC: Never appeal to a man’s better nature. He may not have one.”

In Washington, an outrage-driven approach to politics has replaced Mr. Biden’s rose-colored belief that bipartisan deal making can be an art form. As he tries to prove that this is still possible,

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/9/18/2053094/-Brian-Beutler-explains-why-Republican-elites-are-deliberately-anti-vaxx-and-more

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "elections we (will) lose are not legit" is one of the planks in Repug strategy

GOP Senate Candidate Threatens Preemptive Lawsuits 14 Months Before Election

Nevada Senate candidate Adam Laxalt, a Republican with a well-known name in the Silver State, is

already stoking fears of voter fraud and vowing to file lawsuits to “try to tighten up the election”

— 14 months before any actual votes are cast.

Republican candidates around the country have ripped a page from Donald Trump’s playbook,

launching spurious claims of fraud about elections that haven’t happened yet,

in an apparent effort to blame potential defeats on unspecified and evidence-free claims of “irregularities.”

https://truthout.org/articles/gop-se...fore-election/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, not ceding . we're just going beat 'em.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, not ceding . we're just going beat 'em.
    The Cons ution is on their side, giving Repugs "minority rule", and they've fully weaponized it. The country is ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    muh freedom to boss you around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good! He should've never been there in the first place.
    why, because he doesnt defend trump as strongly as you do?

Thread Information