Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Ronaldo needs a proper midfield, Messi needs a proper defense.
    Had they played Bayern, PSG, City, even Liverpool, i would tend to agree but context matters.

Even as a fan, i've gotta call it like i see it. Usually, Ronaldo plays solid in elimination games, he didn't do jack in both legs this time. Against an inferior opponent playing with 10 men. Embarassing stuff.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Had they played Bayern, PSG, City, even Liverpool, i would tend to agree but context matters.

Even as a fan, i've gotta call it like i see it. Usually, Ronaldo plays solid in elimination games, he didn't do jack in both legs this time. Against an inferior opponent playing with 10 men. Embarassing stuff.

He wasn't good in either leg against Porto, but he's surrounded by dead wood (although Chiesa was superb today). With Madrid, if Ronaldo wasn't balls out amazing Ramos, Bale, Marcelo or Benzema would get some crucial goals. Modric and Kroos were phenomenal, best midfield in the world for a solid few years.

Messi had Neymar be immense in 2015 in the knockout rounds. Imagine if just ONE other player helped score in the second leg against Liverpool or Roma (Messi was terrible in the second leg vs Roma).

Yeah, losing to midtable level teams like Lyon and Porto is bad, but Ronaldo is in a brutal situation. You get an amazing once in a lifetime type player in Ronaldo so you hire Pirlo? The team, like Barca, has no plan, no project. Ronaldo and Messi are merely band aids, not a solution with these clubs.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Chiesa, Barella and Immobile and my 3 favourite Italian players rn

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Chiesa, Barella and Immobile and my 3 favourite Italian players rn
    How you feeling about Madrid's chances in La Liga and second leg of CL?

I think you guys will beat us in clasico again.

My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    Ronaldo set up Chiesa for a goal that was OK but all he seemed to do was hang out on the shoulder of a defender looking for a cross

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Watching the highlights, the amount of clear chances wasted by Morata is just ridiculous

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    How you feeling about Madrid's chances in La Liga and second leg of CL?

I think you guys will beat us in clasico again.
    2nd leg of CL is gonna be tough but I think Madrid goes through

La Liga is still possible but we have to show up. against smaller teams
    This Madrid team seems to get up for big games only, so I think they will win El Clasico

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    2nd leg of CL is gonna be tough but I think Madrid goes through

La Liga is still possible but we have to show up. against smaller teams
    This Madrid team seems to get up for big games only, so I think they will win El Clasico
    It's funny, I feel like we do mostly well against the smaller teams but suck against the better ones. I think Sevilla is the only top 4 team we've beaten this season oof!

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Watching the highlights, the amount of clear chances wasted by Morata is just ridiculous
    Seriously! He was good in 2015 for Juventus but he's been stealing a living since then. He had THREE offside goals against us in the first meeting like wtf

Imagine if Suarez had gone to Juventus like originally planned, would've been an epic front line.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

he has to be on drugs

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    fatnaldo
    choker
    begging for red cards
    losing
    no Pepe to hold his hand to the next round
    disappearing in big games per par

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Haven’t heard of Luca Toni in years, forgot he existed tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Bit late but yeah what a show by Ronaldo. No excuses as already mentioned against 10 men. Juve is in a bad spot right now.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Messi gets an absolute worldie, on pace for his best season ever from PK shooting and missed that one. Ughhhhhh

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Classic Messi, scores an amazing goal but misses a penalty wtf

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Classic Messi, scores an amazing goal but misses a penalty wtf
    And he’s actually been so good at penalties this season too wtf. Navas was unreal today but man that was such a penalty placement

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    hoping Morata bails his ass out
    turns around and ball goes through his legs on the 2-2 goal
    choker

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    hoping Morata bails his ass out
    turns around and ball goes through his legs on the 2-2 goal
    choker
    Hey you tbh

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Buyer's remorse

Juventus should never have signed Cristiano Ronaldo, says ex-club chief
    Former Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has questioned Cristiano Ronaldo's signing after the Portuguese fired another blank as the Bianconeri exited the Champions League.

Asked if bringing in Ronaldo was the wrong choice, Gigli told Radio Punto Nuovo: "Absolutely, yes! I said that on his very first day at Juventus. He is a great champion but is too expensive.

"Now it's up to Juventus. They've been paying him 1m euros per goal. [Juve president Andrea] Agnelli must be self-critical, but he doesn't have great collaborators.

He added: "The club should free Ronaldo at the end of the season and the same goes for Paratici. Maybe Agnelli had promoted him to remove him from his position afterwards. This could be the scenario."

https://en.as.com/en/2021/03/10/foot...77_306354.html

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Buyer's remorse

Former Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has questioned Cristiano Ronaldo's signing after the Portuguese fired another blank as the Bianconeri exited the Champions League.

Asked if bringing in Ronaldo was the wrong choice, Gigli told Radio Punto Nuovo: "Absolutely, yes! I said that on his very first day at Juventus. He is a great champion but is too expensive.

"Now it's up to Juventus. They've been paying him 1m euros per goal. [Juve president Andrea] Agnelli must be self-critical, but he doesn't have great collaborators.

He added: "The club should free Ronaldo at the end of the season and the same goes for Paratici. Maybe Agnelli had promoted him to remove him from his position afterwards. This could be the scenario."

Source : AS

Come on Nonocopter, you’re better than that

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Buyer's remorse

They might have misjudged how much he had left in the tank and didn't properly surround him with help. Spent all their funds on a CentreBack (De Ligt).

Dybala was out but a club of Juventus stature should have other options

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    believing anything AS writes

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Source : AS

Come on Nonocopter, you’re better than that
    ESPN ok?

https://www.espn.com/soccer/juventus...-cobolli-gigli