Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We know that OKC is giving the reigns to SGA and will not continue to pay the remaining 2yrs, $85 million remaining on his contract. I'm certain he's gonna get traded. There are a couple teams that might vie for his services: Lakers, Heat, Bucks, Knicks.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    These next 4 posts were stolen from LG

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    These CP3 reports are listing the Lakers, Bucks, Heat, and Knicks as potential interested suitors. Of course there could be more, but it won't be many more, as there aren't many teams that would or could match up in trades. I'm going to do my best to take a look at the first 4 teams I mentioned, while keeping in mind that OKC will have two motivations here: saving money, and getting the best possible asset(s) in return.

Lakers
    We can get up to the necessary outgoing $33MM-ish salary if both JaVale and Bradley opt in. I think JaVale is less likely to, so if he didn't, it becomes a bit problematic; you'd have to get someone to agree to a sign-and-trade to OKC, likely on an overpayment for a 1-year deal. But if the deal were DG/Kuz/JaVale/Bradley/Cook/#28, they'd save about $8MM this year and the full $44.2MM next year, for a total of a little over $52MM in savings. They wouldn't get anything further from DG/JaVale/Bradley/Cook, so the assets they'd get would be a look at Kuz in the last year of his rookie deal (with RFA matching rights in '21), plus the #28 pick.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bucks
    They can get up to the necessary outgoing salary a bit cleaner than we can, with a 3-for-1 deal of Bledsoe, Hill, and Ilyasova, plus their 24th overall pick. But with Bledsoe on the books for '21-22 also, they would only save a little under $31MM in total. So even though their #24 pick (via Indiana) is 4 spots higher than ours, OKC would save over $21MM with our deal, plus I haven't included a young prospect like Kuz in addition to the pick. I can't see the Bucks parting with DiVincenzo, and I don't think DJ Wilson moves the needle at all for OKC. The only thing I can add is that perhaps OKC could find a third team to steer Bledsoe to, where they pick up an additional asset out of it. Could Bledsoe fetch an additional 1st rounder out of a team? He's essentially now on a 2 year, $35MM deal, and coming off a 1st Team All-Defense selection.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Heat
    They could get to the necessary outgoing salary by jettisoning Iggy, Olynyk (he's going to opt in), Okpala, Silva, plus the #20 overall pick. So from an asset standpoint, this is the highest pick that OKC would acquire, of the 3 teams so far, not to mention that, similar to our deal, all of the big money going to OKC would expire after the '20-21 season. Having said that, I'm not sure Miami makes sense for two reasons. One, I feel like they are extremely likely to simply retain Dragic. For another, after all that trouble of acquiring a veteran like Iggy and the drama surrounding that, are they now going to turn around and dump him onto a rebuilding team? Again? I just don't see it, personally, especially since I think they actually have a realistic shot at Giannis after this season. Getting CP3 completely ends that possibility.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Knicks
    This would easily, easily represent OKC's best money-saving option of the 4 teams listed here. The reason is that NY could send out not one, not two, not three, but FOUR non-guaranteed contracts that total about $29.7MM (Taj Gibson, Ellington, Payton, and Bullock). The contracts guarantee right after the draft, but the Knicks could make this trade before the draft if they just included the disappointing Kevin Knox, whose $4.6MM salary this coming season gets them to the outgoing threshold. And while the Knicks could include a draft pick before the draft because they have so many picks coming, I don't even think they would need to, given they that they would literally be taking Chris Paul's contract on for free, basically, since I'm assuming that OKC would waive all of those players before guaranteeing their deals. To me this is, by far, OKC's preference, just because they would be saving upwards of $80MM. Plus getting a free look at Knox. (They could also take back Dennis Smith Jr. instead of Knox.) That all said, I am quite certain that CP3 wouldn't want to go to a rebuilding situation that would be worse in NY than it was in OKC last season, and perhaps he has enough pull here to get OKC to agree not to do something like this to him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Now if I were to rank these 4 teams, I'd go Lakers, Knicks, Bucks and a distant 4th would be the Heat.

CP0 solves all the Lakers problems. He's still good for about 17/9 and 2 steals per night. Great facilitator, his shot is respected enough to provide spacing for Bron and AD, and he's still a pesky defender.

Issue 1: he's TOSB and injury prone.
    Issue 2: Lakers would be too top heavy

That being said, I'd roll the dice. Pelinka would deplete our depth to get him, but how many players would balk at the idea of moving to LA to play with Bron, AD and CP0?

Doubt it happens, but if he comes be prepared to grab your ankles and bite your bottom lip NBA

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bucks NEED to do it, but they won't pay the cost. Brogdon IMO is better than CP0 and they let him walk because they didn't want to pay him. Now they gonna pay CP0? Nah.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Knicks? Nope.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Heat? Nope. Kendrick Nunn is ready and they still have Dragic (?).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WGAF?

Yes if he is going to a staged play production, by all means join the Lakers.
    Otherwise one of the top frauds:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=286960

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP = cancer = terrible contract - will be interesting

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    bucks could be interesting, to see him and Giannis together.

knicks would be most fun to see, just because they will at least be a solid team again

lakers dont really need him, they should just focus on roster depth, and keep rondo, although it would be funny if he and rondo played together lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there's actually a market for him where teams are willing to give up assets for him the Lakers are ed. Knicks and Bucks can absolutely offer better packages for him for instance.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If there's actually a market for him where teams are willing to give up assets for him the Lakers are ed. Knicks and Bucks can absolutely offer better packages for him for instance.
    We just won a chip without him. How would we be fcked?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Right now, Dame > CP0. CaruSHOW beat Dame in 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just won a chip without him. How would we be fcked?
    In terms of getting him, not that he'd make or break the Lakers' chances.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    bucks could be interesting, to see him and Giannis together.

knicks would be most fun to see, just because they will at least be a solid team again

lakers dont really need him, they should just focus on roster depth, and keep rondo, although it would be funny if he and rondo played together lol
    Would love to see him in Milwaukee tbh. Whoever trades for him would have to guy their depth to get him. If I'm OKC, and trade for CP0 starts with Middleton. Doubt Milwaukee does it in that example.

They should have paid Brogdon. They beat Miami if he were still a Buck.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In terms of getting him, not that he'd make or break the Lakers' chances.
    Ah, gotcha. Not too many teams are prepared to pay an inevitable luxury tax if they trade for him. Only Knicks or Lakers are likely due to their revenue streams. But why would CP0 choose the Big Apple over Martin Lou to the Kang?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes, Ballmer is the richest owner but they screwed up by trading away all their assets to get Pandemic P. Now if they trade Pandemic P in a package for CP0, Lakers in 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, gotcha. Not too many teams are prepared to pay an inevitable luxury tax if they trade for him. Only Knicks or Lakers are likely due to their revenue streams. But why would CP0 choose the Big Apple over Martin Lou to the Kang?
    It doesn't matter what he wants, it matters what OKC can get for him. If the Knicks offer a better package, they'll get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Additional topic should be:

"How soon will CP0's team season end next year?

No playoffs
    1st round exit
    2nd round career best?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter what he wants, it matters what OKC can get for him. If the Knicks offer a better package, they'll get him.
    i don't see okc doing that tbh.

unless cp3 was okay with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't see okc doing that tbh.

unless cp3 was okay with it.
    Presti is ruthless tbh. He won't hesitate.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Presti is ruthless tbh. He won't hesitate.
    Would you want a disgruntled $45 million million dollar player on your team? That would end badly for the Knicks.

He could do them like Marcus Morris did the Spurs

Thread Information