Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Revealed he’s a Trumpista.
    I miss the days when our cancel culture wasn't related to our ty presidential options.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be awesome if he just walked tbh. Is it sad that I'm proud of my franchise for not doing the stupid thing and giving him a max extension

Let him walk, trade Gay midseason and get LMA to Golden St. And like someone said before, get Bryn TFOH
    Yeah, it'd be awesome to throw another asset in the garbage and become an even bigger embarrassment as opposed to recouping some value for him.

Cap space is irrelevant to a non glamour franchise that refuses to re-build and be a dumping ground for dead money to acquire more picks.

Asset management is paramount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it'd be awesome to throw another asset in the garbage and become an even bigger embarrassment as opposed to recouping some value for him.

Cap space is irrelevant to a non glamour franchise that refuses to re-build and be a dumping ground for dead money to acquire more picks.

Only idiots want to compound bad decisions by making even worse decisions.

Then again, I don't trust anybody who is rooting for the franchise to fail just so they can say "I told you so" to a forum which has become overrun by trolls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only idiots want to compound bad decisions by making even worse decisions.

Then again, I don't trust anybody who is rooting for the franchise to fail just so they can say "I told you so" to a forum which has become overrun by trolls.
    Only idiots don't realize that recouping some value is better than none. They won't get what most of you expect/hope, but being able to package him with 11 could get them to 6-7, which increases the odds of netting a long term core piece.

Apologist logic = accurately assessing their predicament as "rooting for the franchise to fail just so they can say I told you so".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't that 50 cent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean it would be nice to package him to move up but what team in the top 7 would want him? Maybe trade him to a contender for a pick? Idk. But I rather have cap space than the 28th pick in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it would be nice to package him to move up but what team in the top 7 would want him? Maybe trade him to a contender for a pick? Idk. But I rather have cap space than the 28th pick in the draft.
    They won't get what most of you expect/hope, but being able to package him with 11 could get them to 6-7, which increases the odds of netting a long term core piece.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't that 50 cent?
    You are correct... Cube didn't endorse anyone that I saw...he reached out to both campaigns to see who would work with him on issues that effect AA communities and the Biden group wasn't interested now and Trump's group was...so he had input into the Trump Platinum Plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only idiots don't realize that recouping some value is better than none. They won't get what most of you expect/hope, but being able to package him with 11 could get them to 6-7, which increases the odds of netting a long term core piece.

Apologist logic = accurately assessing their predicament as "rooting for the franchise to fail just so they can say I told you so".
    I was actually trying to agree with you, and referring to KobesAchilles as the one rooting for the franchise to fail...

....but you seem to be too busy trying to talk to realize that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop retiring and Bryn being gone are bigger Ws in my book but I'll be thrilled if Derozan isn't a Spur next season. Bye tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't that 50 cent?
    i thought it was kanye?
    props to cube, takes balls in this insecure environment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He really didn't though.

Lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    in hindsight, y’all should’ve taken Ingram right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah is the one team that could perfectly use him, they need another prime scorer and creator to decrease the load of Spider, and they have behind Gobert, the one guy who can truly cover his defensive shortcoming
    You may be right.
    I was referring to Utah in general which seems like the last place DDR would want to be and them want him culturally.
    My bad
    I take my retort back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was actually trying to agree with you, and referring to KobesAchilles as the one rooting for the franchise to fail...

....but you seem to be too busy trying to talk to realize that.
    i mean as far as I’m concerned the franchise has already failed. We are closer to the bottom than people want to admit. Besides Keldon (who Pop has no influence over) NONE of our young players improved. We still don’t know if White and Murray can play together and we are stuck with 2 unhappy vets who want to go to a contender to win a ring. We’ve passed the point of “rooting for them to fail” they are failing homie.

My belief is to get rid of the deadweight. Advancement by getting rid of those that chain us. Get rid of Forbes, DDR, Marco, and Gay. Lyles too only since Pop is going to start him. I would love him off the bench. I honestly think that would make us a better franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar won't pass up the nearly $28million he is due this year because he can't get that in the open market, especially with Covid hurting revenues which will flatten the cap and maybe even push it lower.
    My guess is that Demar's agent is not getting a lot of positive feedback from people who might be buying in free agency.
    Combine Demar's poor advanced metrics with a flat salary cap and you have a scenario where Demar can't get much in free agency this year or next year.
    So instead his agent is trying to gin up interest for a multi-year deal to secure a good payday and avoid free agency.
    If they don't think SA will pony up for a multi-year deal they have to try to force a trade to someone who will do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From this Spurs fan, get the out DeMar Derozan. Go back to Toronto, I'd rather start a deep rebuild than sign you for 5 years. You're a flawed selfish one dimensional player. Get the out of San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude lived in a nice ass city where it was cold as to be traded to bum ass san antonio where its 100 degrees in October can you really blame him
    Demar, is one of the most OVERRATED players in the league. He doesn't play defense, he cannot shoot a three. He's the an hesis of the NBA today. Get out of San Antonio. I strictly speak for the basketball on the court. I'm sure Deron is a great teammate and a good person. However, LEAVE! San Antonio is no slouch of a city.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA came in $1.5 billion under estimated revenues for the year. Demar has no choice but to opt in or he will be in a world of hurt trying to chase that kind of money in free agency. He's got to play this next year and hope the NBA recovers so he can seek another big pay day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call him up 281-330-8004!!!
    hit mike jones up on the low he bout to blow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA came in $1.5 billion under estimated revenues for the year. Demar has no choice but to opt in or he will be in a world of hurt trying to chase that kind of money in free agency. He's got to play this next year and hope the NBA recovers so he can seek another big pay day.
    I do not believe this to be accurate on what DDR will do fwiw

Thread Information