Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I don't know why going back and forth with QBs on any given game and sometimes even on the same game isn't a thing, tbh. If the starter is playing poorly, just try the backup and see if he can give you a change of pace. Obviously I'm not proposing this strategy for teams that have elite QBs, but when your QBs are even and you are struggling on a particular game, just make the change. I don't understand this logic of being overly patient of benching a starting QB because once you bench him you can never go back. Where in the rulebook says that if you bench a guy you can't put him back in the next week (or even later on the same game)? Maybe it is because I'm not from the US and follow many different sports, but the NFL seems too stuck on its ways sometimes and some of them don't make much sense, tbh.

For example, another thing I don't understand is why teams don't use more laterals after forward passes. The day an NFL head coach is open minded enough to hire a rugby coach to teach some rugby passing techniques and implements it on his game scheme, he will break the game. It is really not that difficult to pass and catch laterals without fumbling the ball, tbh. I'm not saying to use it as a base offense, but as the ocassional trick play here and there it would be killer.
    DAF-look up Boise State versus Oklahoma hook and ladder-what an amazing college game that was

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    DAF-look up Boise State versus Oklahoma hook and ladder-what an amazing college game that was
    That's exactly the I'm talking about. I don't know why NFL teams don't design and use more plays like that. With enough practice it really isn't as risky as some might believe.

Celibacy for life Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't know why going back and forth with QBs on any given game and sometimes even on the same game isn't a thing, tbh. If the starter is playing poorly, just try the backup and see if he can give you a change of pace. Obviously I'm not proposing this strategy for teams that have elite QBs, but when your QBs are even and you are struggling on a particular game, just make the change. I don't understand this logic of being overly patient of benching a starting QB because once you bench him you can never go back. Where in the rulebook says that if you bench a guy you can't put him back in the next week (or even later on the same game)? Maybe it is because I'm not from the US and follow many different sports, but the NFL seems too stuck on its ways sometimes and some of them don't make much sense, tbh.

For example, another thing I don't understand is why teams don't use more laterals after forward passes. The day an NFL head coach is open minded enough to hire a rugby coach to teach some rugby passing techniques and implements it on his game scheme, he will break the game. It is really not that difficult to pass and catch laterals without fumbling the ball, tbh. I'm not saying to use it as a base offense, but as the ocassional trick play here and there it would be killer.
    Yeah I think it should be done a little more as a trick play, but I don't really see it being coordinated successfully for anything deeper than 10 yards. However, to put a spark in a struggling offense, something like hitting a WR on a shallow drag and then having the running back follow him out of the backfield for a backward lateral could be a nice 10-20 yard play tbh imho

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's exactly the I'm talking about. I don't know why NFL teams don't design and use more plays like that. With enough practice it really isn't as risky as some might believe.
    Yep. Coaches need to be more creative. One play I designed would be for a team inside the 20 or so with a freak athlete like DK Metcalf. So you have DK run a route and jump up and hang on the crossbar and then throw him a pass. Like the Crane Stance, it's indefensible.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Yep. Coaches need to be more creative. One play I designed would be for a team inside the 20 or so with a freak athlete like DK Metcalf. So you have DK run a route and jump up and hang on the crossbar and then throw him a pass. Like the Crane Stance, it's indefensible.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Thread Information