Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3111
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Knicks played way better without Ewing. That’s where the term the Ewing effect came from.

The spurs also had the best record that year and were 15-2 in the post season. Not sure how that could be a weak team for a team putting up that type of record.
    You don't think that Ewing helps against the Spurs dominant frontline?

They were 15-2 playing against weak teams like 8 seed Knicks or teams not yet ready like LA.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    tbh you dont beat teams by trying to do what your opponent is best at but being worse at it

you beat them by exploiting their weaknesses

its one thing to have bigs to help match up, but if your strong suit is your size, but your opponents strong suit is also size but their bigs are better, then you cant expect to beat them in a war of best bigs.

the spurs were simply a horrible matchup for the knicks

Veteran
    My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Krause was very good at infusing new life into them with new additions over the years like Kukoc/Kerr, Brian Williams, etc. They would not have just stood pat.
    The MSNBC anchor played for the Bulls?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They were 15-2 playing against weak teams like 8 seed Knicks or teams not yet ready like LA.
    Funny how LA and POR were both a year away from being dominant le contenders but we swept them just in the nick of time.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tbh you dont beat teams by trying to do what your opponent is best at but being worse at it

you beat them by exploiting their weaknesses

its one thing to have bigs to help match up, but if your strong suit is your size, but your opponents strong suit is also size but their bigs are better, then you cant expect to beat them in a war of best bigs.

the spurs were simply a horrible matchup for the knicks

I think that Knicks team wasn't very good, healthy or not. They were in a bad conference w/o Jordan. But Ewing, even at 70% helps make the series more interesting.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Funny how LA and POR were both a year away from being dominant le contenders but we swept them just in the nick of time.
    Just like the Mavs got the 2011 Thunder and Heat at the right time, imo.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The MSNBC anchor played for the Bulls?
    If you ask him, he would probably say that he did.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Strongest Spurs le teams in order:

1.) 2014
    2.) 2005
    3.) 2003
    4.) 2007
    5.) 1999

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1.) 2014
    2.) 2005
    3.) 2003
    4.) 2007
    5.) 1999
    Mostly agreed. 2007 might have been the weakest championship overall because they dodged the Mavs and Pistons by sheer luck and got a lot of help from the league against the Suns who were IMO the best team in basketball in 2007.

I'd rank 2005 over 2014 but 2014 had better depth for sure. Defense wasn't as good in 2014 though and guys weren't in their primes like in 2005. 2005 had a dominant TD, killer defense and Manu was on horse steroids that year.

2003 was just TD and a motley crew of guys who were too young or too old, but they managed to win and get through some pretty damn good teams in the process. The Dirk injury made the WCF easier, but they were already up 2-1 with Dirk healthy. TD in 2003 was one of the greatest all time seasons for any individual athlete in sports, not just basketball. The team started out 19-13 and finished 60-22. In the playoffs they finally got over the Suns/Marbury/Amare hurdle which had plagued them all year, then finally got over the Lakers mountain which had been their arch nemesis for 3 years. It might not have been the best Spurs team but it was IMO the most memorable year, just slightly above 2005 and 2014. 2007 was pretty forgettable.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 07-08-2021 at 01:30 PM.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I think that Knicks team wasn't very good, healthy or not. They were in a bad conference w/o Jordan.
    i agree. tbh the league was pretty much trash at that point, talent levels were on a steady decline after bird/magic/isiah/doc faded

the rise of timmy/dirk/kg/kobe helped boost things by the mid 00s (i strongly believe 97-03 was probably the worst period since the 70s talentwise) and then bron and everyone after that got it back to high levels of comp all over the league

But Ewing, even at 70% helps make the series more interesting.
    marginally. still probably lose in 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1.) 2014
    2.) 2005
    3.) 2003
    4.) 2007
    5.) 1999
    All stronger than that gift chip team got by the choking Heat - ala the soft Mavs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2025 Spurs 1st round pick:

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    All stronger than that gift chip team got by the choking Heat - ala the soft Mavs.
    No

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mostly agreed. 2007 might have been the weakest championship overall because they dodged the Mavs and Pistons by sheer luck and got a lot of help from the league against the Suns who were IMO the best team in basketball in 2007.

I'd rank 2005 over 2014 but 2014 had better depth for sure. Defense wasn't as good in 2014 though and guys weren't in their primes like in 2005. 2005 had a dominant TD, killer defense and Manu was on horse steroids that year.

2003 was just TD and a motley crew of guys who were too young or too old, but they managed to win and get through some pretty damn good teams in the process. The Dirk injury made the WCF easier, but they were already up 2-1 with Dirk healthy. TD in 2003 was one of the greatest all time seasons for any individual athlete in sports, not just basketball. The team started out 19-13 and finished 60-22. In the playoffs they finally got over the Suns/Marbury/Amare hurdle which had plagued them all year, then finally got over the Lakers mountain which had been their arch nemesis for 3 years. It might not have been the best Spurs team but it was IMO the most memorable year, just slightly above 2005 and 2014. 2007 was pretty forgettable.
    Yeah, I mean if you like defense then that 05 team was a monster. They are VERY underrated historically, imo And that NBA finals was excellent as it was full of ups and downs.

I think 2014 squad was the best because the ball movement is some of the best I have ever seen. It was insanely good. Diaw's emergence really had quite an impact for them. It was as though the Spurs had point guards all over the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not yet ready lakers that won three straight les right after?

The loaded blazers?

And they didn’t just beat those teams, the spurs dominated them that year.

Ok.

Ewing was horrible at that point and running on reputation. He slowed down the offence to a crawl and players like Houston and sprewell didn’t get the touches they were supposed to get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks - Spurs tied for worst team when holding a lead.

Caughnaton is definitely weak on both ends. Dk how he's stuck with whomever put this roster together.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFC Booker is having a game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice play by Book

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 of their 26 pts from 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 of their 26 pts from 3
    today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s beautiful tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s beautiful tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton gets hacked again.

Yet if they touch Booker or Chrissy it's auto whistle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beks
    Milwaucucks

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lazy ass Bucks wasting that great block by Holiday. Must really not want this le.

Thread Information