Page 26 of 125 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that Davis is that good, it's that the Lakers are pretty terrible after their best two players.
    Why not both? While AD didn't have any playoff success in NO, he was still a damn good player and makes for a great #2 option on an elite team, as evidenced by last season. And at least from a WS/48 perspective, Harrell has been better than either McGee or Howard from last year.

Disclaimer: I don't watch the Lakers all that much so someone who does would have a more informed opinion.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Why not both? While AD didn't have any playoff success in NO, he was still a damn good player and makes for a great #2 option on an elite team, as evidenced by last season. And at least from a WS/48 perspective, Harrell has been better than either McGee or Howard from last year.

Disclaimer: I don't watch the Lakers all that much so someone who does would have a more informed opinion.
    well his is not a very good opinion, considering the lakers are reigning champs, and overall upgraded their roster. they are without question the best team in the league, with only the clippers and nets posing a legit threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to gauge him then, tbh. Trash rosters and hurt half the time.
    You know who accomplished things even with trash rosters? Dirk Nowitski, David Robinson.

I'm tired of this adulation of Anthony Davis, who hasn't done jack by himself in this league and never has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well his is not a very good opinion, considering the lakers are reigning champs, and overall upgraded their roster. they are without question the best team in the league, with only the clippers and nets posing a legit threat.
    Utah is also better than the Lakers right now.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You know who accomplished things even with trash rosters? Dirk Nowitski, David Robinson.

I'm tired of this adulation of Anthony Davis, who hasn't done jack by himself in this league and never has.
    drob accomplished exactly the same thing

playoff appearances on his own, but a championship as a sidekick to a legit #1

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Utah is also better than the Lakers right now.
    regular season record-wise sure. but do you honestly believe that when both teams are healthy, utah has a legit shot? i dont see it tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    regular season record-wise sure. but do you honestly believe that when both teams are healthy, utah has a legit shot? i dont see it tbh
    Yes. Don't be an idiot. The Spurs never won it until they did. GSW never won it until they did. Lakers are so thin and there are no great teams right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move over Curry.
    Doncic is here.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yes. Don't be an idiot. The Spurs never won it until they did. GSW never won it until they did. Lakers are so thin and there are no great teams right now.
    im not basing it on if they have "won it". im basing it on the fact that i dont believe they are simply good enough to handle lebron and AD healthy.

again, you keep talking about how the lakers are "thin" because they cant win if AD or Bron is hurt. thats literally no different than any team ever. no team in the past 40 years has suffered a major injury to a superstar for a whole playoff run and still won. you're literally stating an obvious fact, and are applying it to the lakers as if its a weakness. its not. they have a good roster of role players, which is why they are reigning champions, and continue to be le favorites if they stay healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drob accomplished exactly the same thing

playoff appearances on his own, but a championship as a sidekick to a legit #1
    Do you realize Anthony Davis only made the playoffs twice in his career before LBJ dragged him into another one? No, I don't suppose you do; you sound like a regular ESPN moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not basing it on if they have "won it". im basing it on the fact that i dont believe they are simply good enough to handle lebron and AD healthy.

again, you keep talking about how the lakers are "thin" because they cant win if AD or Bron is hurt. thats literally no different than any team ever. no team in the past 40 years has suffered a major injury to a superstar for a whole playoff run and still won. you're literally stating an obvious fact, and are applying it to the lakers as if its a weakness. its not. they have a good roster of role players, which is why they are reigning champions, and continue to be le favorites if they stay healthy.
    Lakers are thin, bro. They depend on players like Wesley Matthews, an ancient Marc Gasol, Adam Caruso, Kentavius Caldwell-Pope. That's pretty ty.

Literally any championship squad in the last twenty years would slaughter them. Can you imagine them trying to slow down the loaded Warriors, guard Dirk, try to stop the Heat, or play against a superior Spurs team?

That's WITH Davis. This Lakers squad is so uninspiring, but the league, as I've said time and again, have no superior teams in this era. They got lucky.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Do you realize Anthony Davis only made the playoffs twice in his career before LBJ dragged him into another one? No, I don't suppose you do; you sound like a regular ESPN moron.
    how many championships or finals did drob reach as the #1? oh none? got it

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lakers are thin, bro. They depend on players like Wesley Matthews, an ancient Marc Gasol, Adam Caruso, Kentavius Caldwell-Pope. That's pretty ty.

Literally any championship squad in the last twenty years would slaughter them. Can you imagine them trying to slow down the loaded Warriors, guard Dirk, try to stop the Heat, or play against a superior Spurs team?

That's WITH Davis. This Lakers squad is so uninspiring, but the league, as I've said time and again, have no superior teams in this era. They got lucky.
    bunch of conjecture

fact is, they are reigning champions. we could sit here and dissect many teams over the past 40 years and how "weak" some of them were, but nothing changes that they were champions and did what no other team could do that season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how many championships or finals did drob reach as the #1? oh none? got it
    I said make the playoffs, dummy. Stop moving the goddamn goal posts. DRob won the mother ing MVP of the mother ing league with a team that started Vinny Del Negro as a shooting guard.

David Robinson only missed the playoffs twice before Duncan came around, and one of those was the year he was injured. Of the years Robinson was in the playoffs, he made it past the first round in each year but two.

Anthony Davis, meanwhile, only made the playoffs TWICE in his entire career. And only once did he win a playoffs series.

ing pathetic.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I said make the playoffs, dummy. Stop moving the goddamn goal posts.
    lol actually you initially said he didnt accomplish anything. i brought up championships, then you tried to move the goalposts back to "making the playoffs" which isnt exactly some spectacular accomplishment for any superstar.

DRob won the mother ing MVP of the mother ing league with a team that started Vinny Del Negro as a shooting guard.
    neat. thank goodness for him he had excellent health, except for the year he got hurt and they tanked because it was glowingly obvious that he needed to find a #1 to support if they wanted to win a championship.

David Robinson only missed the playoffs twice before Duncan came around, and one of those was the year he was injured. Of the years Robinson was in the playoffs, he made it past the first round in each year but two.

Anthony Davis, meanwhile, only made the playoffs TWICE in his entire career. And only once did he win a playoffs series.

ing pathetic.
    but did he win a championship? if not, then he had the same level of team success as AD did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol actually you initially said he didnt accomplish anything. i brought up championships, then you tried to move the goalposts back to "making the playoffs" which isnt exactly some spectacular accomplishment for any superstar.

neat. thank goodness for him he had excellent health, except for the year he got hurt and they tanked because it was glowingly obvious that he needed to find a #1 to support if they wanted to win a championship.

but did he win a championship? if not, then he had the same level of team success as AD did.
    Again, stop moving the goddamn goalposts. You look like a brain fried imbecile. You do realize Davis only won a championship because of LeBron, right? Holy bro.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Again, stop moving the goddamn goalposts. You look like a brain fried imbecile.
    what goalposts did i move? you keep making claims and have little to no backing for them.

im still curious as to your claim that there are teams that win championships despite losing one of their 2 or 3 stars on the team. and one or two games do not count (like kareem or pippen missing a game in the finals), im talking about for a whole playoff run.

You do realize Davis only won a championship because of LeBron, right? Holy bro.
    i never disagreed whatsoever. my only point was that no one wins championships with trash rosters, not even dirk or robinson as you mentioned. robinson needed to become a #2 to win. dirk had an incredibly deep, experienced team full of star talent in their late careers. not sure why AD should be held to so high of a standard, considering hes not the same level of player as dirk or drob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Lebron going to the finals is better than not going to the finals (duh)
    Then all of a sudden making the playoffs twice (and not going past first round) is the same as going to the playoffs every year and going past the first round in all but one year.
    but you are moving your goalpost

Waiting for the “you’re mean I’m going to state my case one last time and you’re stupid” move.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    . Lebron going to the finals is better than not going to the finals (duh)
    Then all of a sudden making the playoffs twice (and not going past first round) is the same as going to the playoffs every year and going past the first round in all but one year.
    but you are moving your goalpost

Waiting for the “you’re mean I’m going to state my case one last time and you’re stupid” move.
    lmao go back to crying like a got about how much you hate kobe

you have legit obsession issues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao go back to crying like a got about how much you hate kobe

you have legit obsession issues
    When it was somebody else responding to your quotes, it was "this has absolutely nothing to what we are talking about".

When somebody else calls out your hypocrisy and goalpost moving bull , it was " but Kobe

Stick by your own bull standards.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    When it was somebody else responding to your quotes, it was "this has absolutely nothing to what we are talking about".

When somebody else calls out your hypocrisy and goalpost moving bull , it was " but Kobe

Stick by your own bull standards.
    HAHAHAHA WHAT

I literally never moved a goalpost once in that conversation, from the very beginning my comparison between them was neither of them won a championship as the #1

and my arguments about lebron has never been that he was great because he made the finals and lost a bunch of times. my argument was that it's stupid for people to say it's worse to lose in the finals, compared to the 1st round.

you seriously have some weird psychological issues

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Were the 2011 and 2014 Heat team's good enough (talent wise) to win the le?

HAHAHAHA WHAT

I literally never moved a goalpost once in that conversation, from the very beginning my comparison between them was neither of them won a championship as the #1

and my arguments about lebron has never been that he was great because he made the finals and lost a bunch of times. my argument was that it's stupid for people to say it's worse to lose in the finals, compared to the 1st round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HAHAHAHA WHAT

Now it’s moving goalpost in a particular conversation.

I never said you said Lebron is great in losing in the finals. But losing in the finals is better than not making it. Just as making the second round is better than no making it. So to say Robinson and Davis had the same accomplishment is utter bull .

And suddenly bringing up a topic that had absolutely no bearing to the point at hand is a tactic you used time and again and yet you did it as the sole response to what I said. Stick to your own bull standards.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Now it’s moving goalpost in a particular conversation.

I never said you said Lebron is great in losing in the finals. But losing in the finals is better than not making it. Just as making the second round is better than no making it. So to say Robinson and Davis had the same accomplishment is utter bull .

And suddenly bringing up a topic that had absolutely no bearing to the point at hand is a tactic you used time and again and yet you did it as the sole response to what I said. Stick to your own bull standards.
    oh you actually have psychological issues? my bad. maybe you should consider not posting here, since anything negative about robinson and positive about kobe seems to trigger you so badly. id also suggest getting help, if you havent already. mental illness is serious business. hope things go well for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs burning Zion vs Freak

Thread Information