Page 35 of 125 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I recall an interview with Riley where he said the pressure in L.A was the highest he's ever had to deal with in his career; yes his team was stacked and the West was , but that's because they were expcted to win with that talent that he had pressure; not to mention his boss wanted to win AND win with style to entertain LA Land (especially knowing what led to Westhead's dismissal)
    He also had to make sure his players were sharp all year long, because he was aware of ther extra curricular activties
    Riles said he felt he could have lost his job after any loss
    Yup and Phil and Jerry West felt the same. RUDY t quit because of it. Media overhyping Lakers just makes it worse when u fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall niccas don't get it, because you come from a woe is me ...small market no one gives a about us mindset. Yes Lakers stars or even role players do get a lot of hype and love I never said they did not ...but the pressure to win in L.A. is immense and real. Shaq and Dell got killed not Kobe, despite the airballs vs. Utah. Pau took the blame for being punked by celtics. Kareem for being punked by Moses. even magic was tragic fie a summer and Kobe a quiiter for phoenix series ...TNT called out Kobe when it happened...yes we are overrated often i was the lone Laker fan here outside of Cully that questioned adding Nash and Dwight ...that doesn't mean there is no pressure, just look at the Yankees or Cowboys media love doesn't lessen pressure it intensifies if you don't win.
    We win a lot.

And easy with that rapist bull . Never convicted, case was settled .. and its not some no doubt he did it OJ type . You can still shill your Kobe agenda without dragging that in dude is dead with his daughter ...let that go, criticize his game. Let that type of hate out your heart Amb.
    Defending the indefensible besides so over rated for his game - tragedy he died and his daughter but justice was not served

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-b...alf-confession

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall niccas don't get it, because you come from a woe is me ...small market no one gives a about us mindset. Yes Lakers stars or even role players do get a lot of hype and love I never said they did not ...but the pressure to win in L.A. is immense and real. Shaq and Dell got killed not Kobe, despite the airballs vs. Utah. Pau took the blame for being punked by celtics. Kareem for being punked by Moses. even magic was tragic fie a summer and Kobe a quiiter for phoenix series ...TNT called out Kobe when it happened...yes we are overrated often i was the lone Laker fan here outside of Cully that questioned adding Nash and Dwight ...that doesn't mean there is no pressure, just look at the Yankees or Cowboys media love doesn't lessen pressure it intensifies if you don't win.
    We win a lot.

And easy with that rapist bull . Never convicted, case was settled .. and its not some no doubt he did it OJ type . You can still shill your Kobe agenda without dragging that in dude is dead with his daughter ...let that go, criticize his game. Let that type of hate out your heart Amb.
    NY and philly had it a lot worse. Lakers were constantly being worshipped like gods by the local media.

Shaq got roasted in Orlando and he couldn’t handle that because he couldn’t feel the love and went to LA.

The lakers are the pride of LA and they know it. They are the golden boys and that’s one of the greatest appeals of the lakers. Sure, they are expected to win when they had talent, but that’s true for every team and every superstar.

Pedo, Barkley, Robinson, drexler, Nique were all crucified on the regular in much smaller markets. Hakeem was getting killed until Rudy T designed the perfect offence around him. Even now, look at Damien Lillard who clearly doesn’t have a championship team get roasted.

Point is, the lakers had NO pressure to win with those young players. People knew they suck and not realistically getting to the playoffs. They were horribly developed and had all kinds of bad vibes. Randle asked to not have his UFA matched so that he can move to NY which was way worse at treating their stars (see Ewing).

And you think anybody can recover from a rape allegation like Kobe and become what he became outside of LA? Having a sexual assault charge and then make it in ultra liberal Hollywood? Good luck trying that if you play for the clippers.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    NY and philly had it a lot worse. Lakers were constantly being worshipped like gods by the local media.

Shaq got roasted in Orlando and he couldn’t handle that because he couldn’t feel the love and went to LA.

The lakers are the pride of LA and they know it. They are the golden boys and that’s one of the greatest appeals of the lakers. Sure, they are expected to win when they had talent, but that’s true for every team and every superstar.

Pedo, Barkley, Robinson, drexler, Nique were all crucified on the regular in much smaller markets. Hakeem was getting killed until Rudy T designed the perfect offence around him. Even now, look at Damien Lillard who clearly doesn’t have a championship team get roasted.

Point is, the lakers had NO pressure to win with those young players. People knew they suck and not realistically getting to the playoffs. They were horribly developed and had all kinds of bad vibes. Randle asked to not have his UFA matched so that he can move to NY which was way worse at treating their stars (see Ewing).

And you think anybody can recover from a rape allegation like Kobe and become what he became outside of LA? Having a sexual assault charge and then make it in ultra liberal Hollywood? Good luck trying that if you play for the clippers.
    Know you like to have the last word But if guys like Riley and Jerry West can't convince you of L.A. pressure not sure what will.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Killa what did you think of Jeannie Buss top 5 Laker list?

What a freaking insult to Jerry West and Shaq. West as not only a 7 times Finals (whatever it was) but the executive who helped land Shaq and schemed Pao Gasol over.

It was called "Top 5 Players" but she chose Phil. Altho i will give her slack, media interviewers are infamous for misquoting. So she might have in the moment just thought Top 5 Laker influences period. And she put Lebron on the top 5.

Still, to burn on West, Shaq and Elgin. I mean someone has to be left off the list but for F's sake.

Gimme 10 minutes maybe this is threadworthy and maybe it's not worth the waste what Trust Fund Baby thinks.
    Jeanie Buss catches heat for list of top 5 most important Lakers (msn.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She clearly hates West

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Killa what did you think of Jeannie Buss top 5 Laker list?

What a freaking insult to Jerry West and Shaq. West as not only a 7 times Finals (whatever it was) but the executive who helped land Shaq and schemed Pao Gasol over.

It was called "Top 5 Players" but she chose Phil. Altho i will give her slack, media interviewers are infamous for misquoting. So she might have in the moment just thought Top 5 Laker influences period. And she put Lebron on the top 5.

Still, to burn on West, Shaq and Elgin. I mean someone has to be left off the list but for F's sake.

Gimme 10 minutes maybe this is threadworthy and maybe it's not worth the waste what Trust Fund Baby thinks.
    Jeanie Buss catches heat for list of top 5 most important Lakers (msn.com)
    Great interview love all the smoke been impressed with Matt especially. West has to be there of course. She struggled with her 5th choice and it was Stax who suggested Phil iirc and she agreed.

Shaq is a great player but I would of said West Kareem Magic Kobe ....then Mikan Wilt or Shaq if only doing players, based on years of service and placing a priority on les.

And of course she hates West because of Phil, who opened the door for West to leave the organization...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    She chose Phil's over all the les West had a part in ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is just shameful.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol. High pressure. The lakers are worshipped non stop and overrated immensely throughout the history of the league.

You think of all the lakers great and they all were at the least slightly to insanely overrated. You know how hakeem is getting crazily overrated because he had Kenny smith singing his praises non stop on tv? Lakers have that with all their fanbois who grew up worshipping the lakers. Magic had to get his coach fired before people turned against him and even then he is fine after less than a year.

Kobe got away with rape. Lebron got away with supporting a genocidal government.

Compare this to Alvin Robertson who was false accused of pimping and that still haunts him. People still think Pippen is broke.

As a laker you get your ass kissed all day. Ingram was like Durant redux before he did anything. Jordan clarkson was hyped as some borderline all star when he’s at best a bench player on a bubble playoff team. Randle was some savvy hard worker like a Zach Randolph with a jump shot and snitch was some incredible PG when he’s nothing more than a stat padder on a bad team.

Pressure my foot.
    White knight soyboys like you are the reason women can resort to fake rape accusations with little regard to consequences. You f@gs just lap it up. She was getting gangbanged by average Joes but then says 'no' to one of the greatest players in the NBA?

If you believe that, then I'm not saying you should commit suicide but taking initiative and putting an end to your existence would probably benefit society as a whole

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White knight soyboys like you are the reason women can resort to fake rape accusations with little regard to consequences. You f@gs just lap it up. She was getting gangbanged by average Joes but then says 'no' to one of the greatest players in the NBA?

If you believe that, then I'm not saying you should commit suicide but taking initiative and putting an end to your existence would probably benefit society as a whole
    You like to get cozy with kobes corpse then go ahead. Don’t project it on some unattractive hotel worker.

blaming your incelness on other normal people.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was nice seeing porzingis play after he rested his vagina, just to injure it again... lol at re cuban saying he wont trade him. No wonder no one wants to come to a team with a re ed owner.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Kevin Porter Jr with 50 and 11 at 20 years old. Lord. Cavs gave him up for free

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It was nice seeing porzingis play after he rested his vagina, just to injure it again... lol at re cuban saying he wont trade him. No wonder no one wants to come to a team with a re ed owner.
    I have to wonder if this dude is another Josh Howard - maybe a drinking habit or something. Yao looks like he will have a longer and better career than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Porter Jr with 50 and 11 at 20 years old. Lord. Cavs gave him up for free
    Dude is a cancer

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Cavs put his locker in the damn Janitor’s room over Taurean Prince

you have Kevin Love batting balls away. I think Cleveland is the cancer lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cavs put his locker in the damn Janitor’s room over Taurean Prince
    Dude refused to show up for months by that point. He's had issues well before that as well.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Dude refused to show up for months by that point. He's had issues well before that as well.
    And John Lucas is and has worked with him here. Seems to be doing well.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Would you wanna play in Cleveland?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And John Lucas is and has worked with him here. Seems to be doing well.
    Would you wanna play in Cleveland?
    If you wanna semen shield for him I'm not gonna stop you. He looks good right now but let's see what happens when his situation changes next year. Will he take a backseat to Cunningham or Suggs?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    another nobody having a 50pt game
    143-136 in regulation

b-b-but stats aren't inflated!!!

today's NBA

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If you wanna semen shield for him I'm not gonna stop you. He looks good right now but let's see what happens when his situation changes next year. Will he take a backseat to Cunningham or Suggs?
    So far he seems to be a passer. A good coach, if they get Cunningham, can have him play some in the paint too. Alternate bringing the ball up the floor. We will see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another nobody having a 50pt game
    143-136 in regulation

b-b-but stats aren't inflated!!!

today's NBA
    More skilled offensive players than in the ty 90s, simple as that

Porter would have destroyed Jordan if he played in that era tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count