Page 4 of 125 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    NBA Draft tonight

Global sport without a clear star #1 pick today. This once great sports league is in shambles.

- Ball's representatives handing out to teams a binder breaking down social media influence

- Top prospect Edward's "still not really into" basketball and would prefer to play NFL

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    My post draft, way too early West power rankings:

1 Lakers
    2 Nuggets
    3 Mavs
    4 tlongs
    5 Clippers
    6 Suns
    7 Jazz
    8 Spurs

Play in tourney:
    Rockets
    Dubs
    Memphis

All subject to change, post free agency. It's gonna be a dog fight just to make it to the Bubble this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My post draft, way too early West power rankings:

1 Lakers
    2 Nuggets
    3 Mavs
    4 tlongs
    5 Clippers
    6 Suns
    7 Jazz
    8 Spurs

Play in tourney:
    Rockets
    Dubs
    Memphis

All subject to change, post free agency. It's gonna be a dog fight just to make it to the Bubble this season.
    Sham bubble champions overhyped per usual but that is to be expected and GS will easily make playoffs just in time for Thompson to come back and crush Fakers if Mavs don’t first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sham champs just lost Howard who gave them something defensive end - back to Cousins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harry Giles signed a one year Minimum deal with Portland. I know that in the grand scheme of NBA news this is barely a blip, but Giles is one of the few guys with bad advanced stats that I think still has big potential. He was the number one ranked high school player 4 years ago, but then had a series of knee injures that led to sitting out big chunks of time, and limited him to playing just 11 minutes a game in his only year at Duke. He later said he should've red-shirted that year but was too eager to play despite his knee not being 100%. Only 22 years old, he's an incredible passer-- Jokic-like at times-- and his per 36 stats last year were 17.1/10.1/3.2 plus 1.2 steals & 1 block. If the timing of experience + health happen to match up just right, he could be a steal.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CIA Pop is that dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Brandon Ingram, the all star player Pop did not want, has 14 more nationally televised games than the Spurs this year:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Ingram, the all star player Pop did not want, has 14 more nationally televised games than the Spurs this year:

No one gives a about Brandon it's all about Zion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No one gives a about Brandon it's all about Zion.
    Nonsense. Will Zion make the all star team this year? Yes or no son.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion is the reason why people watched the Pelicans. You never heard national media hype up Brandon Ingram. It was about Zion this year when it came to the Pelicans. Casual fans don't watch the Pelicans because of Brandon but because of Zion. The media has over hyped Zion for the last 2 years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Zion is the reason why people watched the Pelicans. You never heard national media hype up Brandon Ingram. It was about Zion this year when it came to the Pelicans. Casual fans don't watch the Pelicans because of Brandon but because of Zion. The media has over hyped Zion for the last 2 years.
    So no? Got it

Hype got Kobe in the all star game even though he wasn't a starter on his own team. Hype fills seats, sure. But like the 1998 Lakers, the 2020 Pelicans not winning jack until Zion takes off his Huggies pull ups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no All Star game this year Hernangomez.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's no All Star game this year Hernangomez.

That's right!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    16 Fakers games no surprise neither will be the poor ratings again. Lakers and ball dominant James totally unwatchable period.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no? Got it

Hype got Kobe in the all star game even though he wasn't a starter on his own team. Hype fills seats, sure. But like the 1998 Lakers, the 2020 Pelicans not winning jack until Zion takes off his Huggies pull ups.
    Pelicans will continue to get games on TV until the Zion hype dies down. I remember when they drafted him ESPN/TNT gave the Pelicans 30 national TV games. They immediately got rid of those game once he got hurt but when he recovered they put all those games back on. No one cares about Brandon he's not the reason why people want to watch the Pelican games.

Zion looked good when he first played this season but in the bubble he was trash. So it's hard to say how he's going to turn out. If he stays healthy which is a big if then I think he will be an all-star to a superstar type of player.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

more amusing is the clippers with the "best player in the NBA" only getting 11 games

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Ingram, the all star player Pop did not want, has 14 more nationally televised games than the Spurs this year

I realize this is the usual attempt to troll, but I've seen this sentiment countless times from Lakers fans all over the internet.

The revisionist history is bizarre. The Spurs wanted Ingram, they just wanted a lot more. Essentially, they wanted the Davis package, but Johnson's arrogance and constant tampering with uncle Sleazebag led him to believe they could sign S bag outright next off season anyway, so they tried to screw the Spurs.

I don't get the bitterness from Lakers fans either because everything worked out for them. They're better off without S bag because otherwise they'd receive more backlash than credit for winning championship(s) a la Durant on the Warriors.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I realize this is the usual attempt to troll, but I've seen this sentiment countless times from Lakers fans all over the internet.

The revisionist history is bizarre. The Spurs wanted Ingram, they just wanted a lot more. Essentially, they wanted the Davis package, but Johnson's arrogance and constant tampering with uncle Sleazebag led him to believe they could sign S bag outright next off season anyway, so they tried to screw the Spurs.

I don't get the bitterness from Lakers fans either because everything worked out for them. They're better off without S bag because otherwise they'd receive more backlash than credit for winning championship(s) a la Durant on the Warriors.
    Bitter? Look at the Spurs roster. Then look at the Lakers roster. I'm not bitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitter? Look at the Spurs roster. Then look at the Lakers roster. I'm not bitter
    Your brethren are. As if the Lakers didn't also offer the Spurs crap.

At talking tough when your archaic, incompetent organization is only relevant again because the best player/executive decided to come to them for non basketball reasons and save their sorry asses.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your brethren are. As if the Lakers didn't also offer the Spurs crap.

At talking tough when your archaic, incompetent organization is only relevant again because the best player/executive decided to come to them for non basketball reasons and save their sorry asses.
    Brandon Ingram (legit all star) proved to be better than all the non-all star Spur players. Yet you - YOU said the Lakers offered crap.

Spurs were gonna get a BETTER deal than what the Pels got for AD. But, in retrospect I'm glad it didn't happen. And I'm glad LMA laughed at us and chose the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Ingram (legit all star) proved to be better than all the non-all star Spur players. Yet you - YOU said the Lakers offered crap.

Spurs were gonna get a BETTER deal than what the Pels got for AD. But, in retrospect I'm glad it didn't happen. And I'm glad LMA laughed at us and chose the Spurs.
    He's not a legit All-Star (at least yet), he's a guy who made an All-Star team and some still feel he's empty calories.

Either way, at the time he was an underachieving young player, not nearly enough, along with flotsam and jetsam, to bag a superstar.

If the Spurs were going to get a better deal than the Davis one, they'd have done that deal. They knew S bag was L.A. bound in a season either way.

Thread Information