Page 10 of 125 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year's team was a bad matchup. Not so sure about these teams with different rosters.

And Paul George in the playoffs would likely get shut down by Vogel's defense, tbh.
    The problem is the Lakers don't have anybody that can slow down PG or Kawhi on the perimeter. One of those 2 will get hot every time they play the Lakers. Clippers can also throw one of those 2 players on Lebron on defense so Lebron always has to work hard on offense and doesn't get a breather.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The problem is the Lakers don't have anybody that can slow down PG or Kawhi on the perimeter. One of those 2 will get hot every time they play the Lakers. Clippers can also throw one of those 2 players on Lebron on defense so Lebron always has to work hard on offense and doesn't get a breather.

y’all said that exact same last year when we lost opening night LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Load Management bricked alot of shots and had to take 26 shots to get 26. Not efficient at all but was carried by Playoff Pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're lucky the Clippers will choke before they ever get to the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes you guys avoided playing them in the playoffs. Don't know how that proves you guys can beat them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're lucky the Clippers will choke before they ever get to the Lakers.
    It will come down to the brackets but I have the Lakers,Clippers,Nuggets all being in the top 3 again in the West. Lakers need to get the 1 seed again to ensure Clippers will play the Nuggets again. I feel Nuggets will beat the Clippers again if they face them. If the Clippers avoid the Nuggets and end up playing the Lakers then the Lakers are screwed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Clippers are a terrible match up for them much like how the mid to late '00 Mavs were for the Spurs. They have to hope to avoid the Clippers in the playoffs.
    Too early to say. They did jump on us. Lakers came back. Pandemic P shot outta his nappy headed mind. Ballgame.

On to the next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say, I like what I saw from Batum-- 6 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 0 turnovers. If he's healthy and re-energized this year, he's a pretty good weapon as the 5th option alongside PG, Kawhi, Ibaka, & Beverley. He guarded Lebron on some possessions, leaving PG & Kawhi to smother lesser players. That's a pretty nice defensive option to have-- plus he brought the ball up as a point forward quite a few times, and finished as the team leader in assists.

These are the wingspans of their starting 5 tonight:

Beverley: 6'7"
    PG: 6'11"
    Kawhi: 7'3"
    Batum: 7'1"
    Ibaka: 7'3"

That's one of the most switchable defensive line ups in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Lakers got Marc?

Didn't they see him last year? Dude is beyond done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Lakers got Marc?

Didn't they see him last year? Dude is beyond done.
    Agreed he looked completely washed up tonight.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Was wrong about the outcome of this game, i won't overreact and pay much attention to espn type hot takes this early in the season though. Everybody was ready to crown the clippers early last season too.

With that said, shame the Lakers couldn't hold on to Dwight. Not much in the way of paint protection outside of AD right now and AD already carries a huge burden on offense. Hope it doesn't hurt them in the long run.

Can't fault the Lakers though, after a deep playoff run and a shorter off season to boot. Combined with an opponent that was utterly humiliated in the playoffs and played like they have something to prove.

Regular Season P did his regular season stat-padding. People keep saying the Lakers can't stop Kiwi and George Paul but the clippers can't stop AD and Lebron either. A playoff series between these 2 teams would come down to the impact of their supporting casts and i feel like the Lakers are better equipped in that department. Clippers bench looks like nothing special outside a past his prime Lou Williams.
    Last edited by Bynumite; 12-23-2020 at 02:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can say Wiggins and Oubre are above average players but I wouldn't say either is a star. The rest of the roster is then filled with role players outside of Curry. Wiseman could be a star down the road but he isn't there yet.
    I'm trying to say not any of those players rise to the level of a role player. Wiggins and Oubre are down low terrible and will sink the team on their own. The rest are completely untried and not valuable for a playoff run.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    regular season lebron teams

who cares

playoffs they will be fine

games like this mean everything to the clippers especially after the embarrassment of last year crowning themselves king of LA, only to realize they werent even good enough to play the lakers in the playoffs

and mean absolutely nothing to the lakers

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to say not any of those players rise to the level of a role player. Wiggins and Oubre are down low terrible and will sink the team on their own. The rest are completely untried and not valuable for a playoff run.
    I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Fakers fans not being concerned - win a sham bubble le and they think they are en led and chip will be anointed to them this year. What looked to be the better team won and although not a predictor the vaunted perfect preseason was not either. Gasol looked gassed in particular.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I'm trying to say not any of those players rise to the level of a role player. Wiggins and Oubre are down low terrible and will sink the team on their own.
    I know their options were limited, but Oubre was a curious choice for them to pursue after Klay got injured because they already had Wiggins, and they’re pretty similar wings. Both athletic wings with obvious talent but both limited in the skills department when it comes to scoring and especially shooting. For an offense that relies on spacing and ball movement and off the ball movement to create easy shots at the rim or open perimeter shots, neither guy fits. You go from three all time historically great scorers/shooters who are easy to build around with role players to Steph and three Draymond Green (Draymond included) caliber shooters who may hit a few perimeter jumpers once in a while and get out in open court for some highlight dunks, but don’t scare anybody. They’d have been better off going cheaper and trying to trade for someone like Reggie Bullock from the Knicks whose skill set makes a ton more sense in the type of offense they’d like to run.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    regular season lebron teams

who cares

playoffs they will be fine

games like this mean everything to the clippers especially after the embarrassment of last year crowning themselves king of LA, only to realize they werent even good enough to play the lakers in the playoffs

and mean absolutely nothing to the lakers
    Rim protection in the playoffs will be an issue. The Clippers are slow as . Uptempo teams they may have trouble with

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Agreed he looked completely washed up tonight.
    Wes Matthews was unplayable as well

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL Fakers fans not being concerned - win a sham bubble le and they think they are en led and chip will be anointed to them this year. What looked to be the better team won and although not a predictor the vaunted perfect preseason was not either. Gasol looked gassed in particular.

Yawn. I see Spurs fans already doubting us again lmfao. I missed you guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers will be fine

people who still give a about regular season

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers will be fine

people who still give a about regular season
    Merry Christmas you handsome bas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yawn. I see Spurs fans already doubting us again lmfao. I missed you guys
    1995 the ultimate bandwagoner in the house - you only showed when sham bubble le versus a JV injured team was a lock. LakersFan at least giving bs all year. If there is a diety LAL going down as overhyped frauds they are this year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1995 the ultimate bandwagoner in the house - you only showed when sham bubble le versus a JV injured team was a lock. LakersFan at least giving bs all year. If there is a diety LAL going down as overhyped frauds they are this year.
    go back couple years my guy . My second account here. Lost my first one .

been viewing this website for years now .

I been talking since my first days here aha. Don’t do me like that

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron needs moer help!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    go back couple years my guy . My second account here. Lost my first one .

been viewing this website for years now .

I been talking since my first days here aha. Don’t do me like that
    Ok but be in for a big fail and defend how anyone can like LeRoid and DaQuit as superstars and the entire team?

Thread Information