Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    I live in Lake Charles. We’ve already reached our Hurricane quota for the year. Luckily Zeta was very fast moving and not as powerful like Laura was for us. We lost power for two weeks from that storm as well as water so we were evacuated during that time. Hurricane Delta wasn’t as nearly bad for us though it dumped a lot more rain than Laura did but we only lost power for about 36 hours.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Lost power for 30 minutes or so, it’s back now. Pretty impressive winds to see in person, but nothing devastating. I’m sure people right on the coast felt the wrath. I’m sure the media will bas ize it as devastating, but nothing happened other than some outages and probably some fallen trees & fences. People will be back at work here tomorrow.

Gotta hand it to TWC though. On their website, they do a great job sensationalizing their headlines. They make every hurricane, no matter how small, seem like the great Red Spot itself came ashore from Jupiter tbh

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Gotta hand it to TWC though. On their website, they do a great job sensationalizing their headlines. They make every hurricane, no matter how small, seem like the great Red Spot itself came ashore from Jupiter tbh
    Still nothing compared to 2005 though in terms of their sensationalist, epic visual viewer experience, from the visuals to the audio to the on camera meteorologist and on-site field met dramatics. 2005 was a well deserved ratings boom for TWC tbh.

It's just too bad that they declined big time not too long after that, and they desperately tried to piggyback off 2005 -- in 2006 and 2007 by hyping up weak tropical storms as if it were 2005 again and it just looked pathetic on their part. They can't control the weather, but they should have just gone back to their regular pre-2004 presentation scheme/weather star system which was just fine tbh. All the changes they made around winter 2005/spring 2006 and thereforward just ruined that channel for me.

But, yet, just this month (October 2020) I still fulfilled one of my childhood dreams by traveling to Atlanta, to the far northwest edge of the city to touch and take a selfie with the TWC HQ building. Because, other than the Spurs games and the '04 election (I didn't get into the NFL and the Cowboys until Romo in 2006), the 2004 and 2005 hurricane seasons were pretty much my life as a pre-teen kid. The trip as a whole was very much worth it.

Thread Information