Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't visit vulnerable people. It's pretty simple actually. If you think it's too much to sacrifice that you just don't visit, then you're saying the level of risk you're taking when you do visit is an acceptable tradeoff for the fact you feel better about visiting. It's not rocket surgery. (in before mono comes long and points out it's actually "rocket science" as if I didn't know)
    "I don't want to take precautions not to spread a highly contagious disease, so maybe you should just visit your parents less.

My stubborn lack of empathy makes me the better person."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should try getting AIDS, tbh, you can't get that multiple times...
    Well if getting covid was transmitted through sex, we all know derp would only infect his right hand and his left hand would seek a divorce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not slightly afraid. I don't live in fear. I have been paying attention, more than you obviously. But you seem to live in constant fear of this or that. You probably need therapy.
    I have a special folder for unsolicited psych evalutations. Yours is eligible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Chris Christie survived, non issue
    That's cool and all. but it's optics at this point.

Mr. We're rounding the corner is going to love this one.

List keeps growing. Additional 5 members of his team now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't visit vulnerable people. It's pretty simple actually. If you think it's too much to sacrifice that you just don't visit, then you're saying the level of risk you're taking when you do visit is an acceptable tradeoff for the fact you feel better about visiting. It's not rocket surgery. (in before mono comes long and points out it's actually "rocket science" as if I didn't know)
    Why can't you visit vulnerable people if you take the proper precautions?

I think the problem is people that rationalize that they shouldn't take the proper precautions "coz old people are going to die anyways"... that's basically what I take exception with. It's incredibly selfish and a terrible excuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if getting covid was transmitted through sex, we all know derp would only infect his right hand and his left hand would seek a divorce.
    I can think a couple posters that would be immune, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I don't want to take precautions not to spread a highly contagious disease, so maybe you should just visit your parents less.

My stubborn lack of empathy makes me the better person."
    Even the precautions don't reduce the risks to zero. Not visiting does. Are you willing to accept the risk, for them? That's mighty white of you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think the problem is people that rationalize that they shouldn't take the proper precautions "coz old people are going to die anyways"... that's basically what I take exception with. It's incredibly selfish and a terrible excuse.
    You can. You will be accepting the fact that there is still a risk. People who wear masks and socially distance can still spread and contract the virus. Maybe treat it as if it's you who will die if the virus is transmitted by a visit. Maybe then the risk will become less acceptable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a special folder for unsolicited psych evalutations. Yours is eligible.

You're posting online about being afraid of the virus. No eval needed. Seek help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can. You will be accepting the fact that there is still a risk. People who wear masks and socially distance can still spread and contract the virus.
    Sure, but it's a lot easier to accept that you did everything that was in your power to prevent contagion. You know, behaving like a responsible adult.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but it's a lot easier to accept that you did everything that was in your power to prevent contagion. You know, behaving like a responsible adult.
    Except not going around them.

So it's about making you, the one not as susceptible to dying of COVID, feel better about yourself after the fact?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's cool and all. but it's optics at this point.

Mr. We're rounding the corner is going to love this one.

List keeps growing. Additional 5 members of his team now.
    Cases don't equal deaths or even symptoms. You're on a witch hunt now. It's become the predicted virus Olympics. Now getting COVID says something negative about you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So it's about making you, the one not as susceptible to dying of COVID, feel better about yourself after the fact?
    Well, the only thing we have control of is ourselves. When we talk about having a conscience or having empathy, we're talking about what part we can play to make things better and not worse.

I don't wear a mask to protect myself, I wear a mask in case I'm infected but asymptomatic, and I don't want to be that guy that spreads it around.

If I did all that, and somebody still caught it off me, then sure, the fact that I know I did the best I could at that time to prevent the incident is a factor in the potential guilt trip.

It might not entirely absolve all of it, but it's certainly a factor, I'm pretty sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the only thing we have control of is ourselves. When we talk about having a conscience or having empathy, we're talking about what part we can play to make things better and not worse.

I don't wear a mask to protect myself, I wear a mask in case I'm infected but asymptomatic, and I don't want to be that guy that spreads it around.

If I did all that, and somebody still caught it off me, then sure, the fact that I know I did the best I could at that time to prevent the incident is a factor in the potential guilt trip.

It might not entirely absolve all of it, but it's certainly a factor, I'm pretty sure.
    So if masks were not required, you'd wear one anyhow?

Also, back to my original statement - we are only going to go so far in sacrificing creature comforts to mitigate risks, and as long as we "feel" we are doing a good job, that's pretty much all that matters. If our loved ones get sick just the same, we'll at least feel better about ourselves. We aren't willing to become isolationists to save lives, unless it's our own. I've said from the start that some masks are mostly placebos. They make you feel you're doing what you can to mitigate risk. They allow society to continue to operate and since we don't know for sure what actual risk we are taking when we go out into the public areas or to visit family, we are relying on the feeling of "best effort". We stop short of simply not visiting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of numerous respiratory viruses to spread in my lifetime.

First one to spread in the age of social media.

The handling of this epidemic will be examined (I hope) critically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your mother last I heard (badda bing!)
    Mike Pence isn't my mom, please tell me more about your conspiracy theory..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if masks were not required, you'd wear one anyhow?

Also, back to my original statement - we are only going to go so far in sacrificing creature comforts to mitigate risks, and as long as we "feel" we are doing a good job, that's pretty much all that matters. If our loved ones get sick just the same, we'll at least feel better about ourselves. We aren't willing to become isolationists to save lives, unless it's our own. I've said from the start that some masks are mostly placebos. They make you feel you're doing what you can to mitigate risk. They allow society to continue to operate and since we don't know for sure what actual risk we are taking when we go out into the public areas or to visit family, we are relying on the feeling of "best effort". We stop short of simply not visiting.
    I do that all the time. Nobody told me I need to wear a mask when I'm around my building. Maybe it's mandated. But I do it anyways. When I walk from my car to a store, I'm not under obligation to wear a mask, I don't think. But I do it too. What's the big deal? When I'm done interacting with people or things, I use alcohol gel and clean up my hands. Is that mandated? Nope. It's the right thing to do? I think it is.

As to your second part, I think that's also the fact that it's a relatively new disease, and we're still learning as we go. That's why it's difficult to make a direct comparison against, for example, the flu, for which we already have a vaccine and a number of good treatments.
    Masks and social distancing is the best we have right now. Tomorrow, it might be an injection or popping a pill.

On the last part, not visiting, that's sometimes an option, but sometimes it's not (I couldn't visit my family in South America since this started, and I couldn't even go to my dad's funeral, since there wasn't one. But we'll celebrate him later on when things get back to relative normalcy).

Not everybody can afford sending their parents to an assisted living facility, and some people need to check on their old folks. Some at risk people that need dialysis, etc, they need help, and they need to see people and it's unavoidable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when all these 80 something year old fatties with McBeetus get through it like it's just an allergy, how are you fine folks going to keep pushing the fear narrative?
    I mean, why would health experts around the globe keep pushing this silly fear narrative?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh it’s the fckn drunk psychiatrist again.

“You really only feel for yourself when you show empathy because you are not them. I am selfish, so are you.
    You see I’m the bad boy, the only bad boy to realize all people really look out for is their own self interest therefore I understand you better than you do...”

fckn drunk fruit cake...

Nature v. Nurture boy again with the crackhead insight. DMCircleOfTrust
    Now the lecture on IQ again please.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lollooolloolollollolllllolloollooooooollllloooooll lllooolllllloooolllloollllloolllloollooooll

Look.at that math

Topsy

Bwajahahahahhahahahahahaahaha

Terribly low iq

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do that all the time. Nobody told me I need to wear a mask when I'm around my building. Maybe it's mandated. But I do it anyways. When I walk from my car to a store, I'm not under obligation to wear a mask, I don't think. But I do it too. What's the big deal? When I'm done interacting with people or things, I use alcohol gel and clean up my hands. Is that mandated? Nope. It's the right thing to do? I think it is.

As to your second part, I think that's also the fact that it's a relatively new disease, and we're still learning as we go. That's why it's difficult to make a direct comparison against, for example, the flu, for which we already have a vaccine and a number of good treatments.
    Masks and social distancing is the best we have right now. Tomorrow, it might be an injection or popping a pill.

On the last part, not visiting, that's sometimes an option, but sometimes it's not (I couldn't visit my family in South America since this started, and I couldn't even go to my dad's funeral, since there wasn't one. But we'll celebrate him later on when things get back to relative normalcy).

Not everybody can afford sending their parents to an assisted living facility, and some people need to check on their old folks. Some at risk people that need dialysis, etc, they need help, and they need to see people and it's unavoidable.
    Oh my. What a sad person. Lolollkkolookkokkoolooolkokkoolooolkoooloooloooloo oolooloooollooo

Celebrate him later

Llllooooolkookkkook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh my. What a sad person. Lolollkkolookkokkoolooolkokkoolooolkoooloooloooloo oolooloooollooo

Celebrate him later

Llllooooolkookkkook
    (Looks at the daily forum run at 3 in morning nobody pays attention to.... remembers "it's the best part of his day"...)

Thread Information