Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh I'm watching a stream where a guy is getting 45-50 fps on RTX 2060 at 1080p ultra with no RT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I was watching a feed with a guy running a Ryzen 3 3100 + GTX 1650 Super and even at 720p low his 4C/8T cpu wasn't enough to get more than 30-40 fps when driving. My 4C/8T Xeon E3-1231v3 has no chance then of this running 1080p60 considering the R3 3100 is nearly 40% better in Cinebench. Might as well just wait and play this on PS5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like pirating it just to see if I can run it otherwise I ain't spending my money on this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like pirating it just to see if I can run it otherwise I ain't spending my money on this
    Since the PC performance looks so I may just buy this on PS5 later on instead of playing a pirated version.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read they won't have a PS5 version for a while. You can play the PS4 version on PS5 using back compat, but that sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graphical glitches and some quest bugs here and there. AI issues at times. Other than that it, looks awesome, and is fun as , tbh. I'm about 5 hours in and have barely scratched the surface.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Graphical glitches and some quest bugs here and there. AI issues at times. Other than that it, looks awesome, and is fun as , tbh. I'm about 5 hours in and have barely scratched the surface.
    Is it worth a buy right now? I have a PS4 Pro, might ask my girlfriend to get it for me for Christmas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it worth a buy right now? I have a PS4 Pro, might ask my girlfriend to get it for me for Christmas.
    I have the PC version so I don't know the state of the PS4 version. If you're easily annoyed with bugs then I'd say maybe wait a bit. Personally, they haven't really bothered me as I haven't encountered anything that couldn't be fixed with loading the last save file.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as Digital Foundry posts their console breakdowns I'll post it here. They'll probably have one in the next couple of days I'd guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not looking good for this on PS4 nor XBox One, chunticakes. Can't see buying this game on a previous gen console (god it sounds weird calling PS4 prev gen )

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-already-begun

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mess on PS4 and Xbox One - and the memes have already begun
    No resolution in sight.
    News by Wesley Yin-Poole, Deputy Editor Updated on 10 December 2020

Cyberpunk 2077 launched at midnight last night, and now the console versions are out in the wild we're getting our first proper look at the game running on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Early impressions are, unfortunately, not great.

I've been playing the PS4 version of CD Projekt's sci-fi epic and can report poor performance, including low framerate and texture pop-in when the screen is busy. Even when it's not, there is on occasion a low-res blur to the visuals. And I've encountered multiple characters locked in a T-pose, frozen in place or glitched into an object. You can still talk to these NPCs, but their mouths do not move.

I've had a chat with Digital Foundry's Tom Morgan, who provided me with some screenshots of Cyberpunk 2077 running on a base PS4 alongside some analysis:

According to Morgan, Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 looks very blurry, running between 720p and 900p resolution, and the framerate for any driving around the big city areas is constantly at around 20. While some indoor battles run well at 30fps, they can drop to 25fps. Framerate drops are one thing, but there's also hitching - big hiccups in the action where a new object or texture needs to load in. This can make it a challenge to shoot or drive.

Running the game on PlayStation 5 via backwards compatibility does improve matters to a degree - certainly the loading is faster, and the framerate is unlocked to 60fps - but the glitches, including the T-posing NPCs, remain.

It turns out that Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 does not have the "quality mode" that is available on Xbox Series X. That is to say, the game on PS5 runs in "performance mode" by default. On Xbox Series X you can switch between the two. Quality mode shoots for a high resolution, something approaching 4K and 30 frames per second, whereas performance mode aims for a smooth experience. It's worth noting the Xbox Series S does not have this toggle between modes, either.

Digital Foundry's scientific analysis is of course inbound, but what is clear at this early stage is there is a significant divide between the PC version of Cyberpunk 2077 and the console versions.

And even just hours after release, the Cyberpunk 2077 console memes have begun.

Clearly, CD Projekt has plenty of work to do getting the console version of Cyberpunk 2077 up to scratch. In a tweet, the developer said: "The journey has just begun and we are hard at work on the upcoming fixes and updates to the game."

Meanwhile, playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PC with a beefy rig feels like the best option - for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This game looks like it will forever be way too much for PS4 or XB1 to run at any kind of acceptable framerate. Control is still a mess on PS4 / XB1 and this has a far more complex game world.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp

Im still rocking the original PS4 and I have no incentive to buy a pro at this point. If I’m buying another console it’ll be a PS5 obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this is a pass for me. Whenever a proper next gen version gets released and I get around to buying a PS5, then I'll give it a go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chunticakes, here is the Digital Foundry video I was expecting for PS4. Haven't watched it yet though:

Last edited by baseline bum; 12-10-2020 at 06:10 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch, Digital Foundry said playing Cyberpunk on a PS4 was like playing Switch ports of other modern games, like you smeared the screen with vaseline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor console bas s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor console bas s.
    LOL I'm in the 45 fps plebe race too since my cpu is old AF.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor console bas s.
    You laugh now but this game will flop majorly without them. Game developers cant depend on ultra high end computers to carry them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You laugh now but this game will flop majorly without them. Game developers cant depend on ultra high end computers to carry them.
    They really should have delayed the game until more people had PS5 and Series X/S in hand. Had no idea the performance would be this level of a show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this what it feels like to be a 1%er?

Fuk y'all! I got mine!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chunticakes, here is the Digital Foundry video I was expecting for PS4. Haven't watched it yet though:

Just got around to watching this.

They had fun ting on Cyberpunk.

15fps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm going to wait for the PS5 version, tbh

Thanks guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this is a pass for me. Whenever a proper next gen version gets released and I get around to buying a PS5, then I'll give it a go.
    PS5 should be able to play it 1080p60, maybe even 1440p60, if you choose performance mode (which will of course turn off raytracing).

EDIT: Oops, meant a proper next gen PS5 version like you said
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-10-2020 at 10:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information