Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah bugs during quests sucks but it usually has had to do with AI pathfiding in my playthrough so far. Otherwise, still pretty damn great. Too bad it came out in this state for so many because it's really distracting from this awesome universe CDPR has fleshed out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in glitches man. got to a point where the game wouldnt progress because it wouldnt let me out of a helicopter until i killed all enemies, which i did, so i just kept circling around with nothing happening.
    This is crashing for me every 30 mins... smh

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I'm going to see if my 2015 pc can handle it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to see if my 2015 pc can handle it.
    If your cpu is a quadcore you're going to have tons of drops into the 30s and framerates in the cities steadily in the 40s. This thing absolutely hammers cpus. From what I have seen you need around Ryzen 5 3600 or better to get 60 fps at medium settings or better. GTX 1660 Ti is supposed to be about the minimum gpu to get 60 fps in tougher sections of the game at medium settings. Since I'm running a 2014 4C/8T chip and a 1660 Super I'll probably try to play at high with a 30 fps lock.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...amers-cry-foul
    Sony Reportedly Offering ‘Cyberpunk 2077’ Refunds For PS4 And PS5 After Gamers Cry Foul
    By Erik Kain

You know things are bad when a CD Projekt RED game is getting review-bombed on Metacritic.

Cyberpunk 2077 is currently rocking a 2.7 on PS4 and a 3.5 on Xbox One, and this is a developer who is much-loved and greatly respected by gamers.

On PC, where the game is truly meant to be played and where it really does shine, a litany of bugs and other issues still has that number down at 6.7/10—quite a lot lower than the critic’s consensus of 90/100.

On base PS4, the game barely scrapes by at 720p and (at times) 15 frames-per-second. This is, honestly, entirely unacceptable. The game’s defenders will tell you that of course it runs poorly on such old hardware. But then why release it at all on such old hardware?

Part of the issue is that Sony and Microsoft require games released on PS4 or Xbox One to play on all versions of those consoles. You can’t just release a PS4 Pro game that doesn’t play on PS4 vanilla. Same for Xbox One X and Xbox One (and S).

The expectation is that a game released on PS4 will look and play better on PS4 Pro, where it could theoretically upscale to 4k or run at 60fps, but that same game will still look and play like a PS4 game on a base PS4. This is decidedly not the case with Cyberpunk 2077. Footage I’ve seen of the game playing on a base PS4 is ghastly, like something from early PS3 days (and that’s generous).

You may want to defend this if you’re an unrepentant CDPR fanboy, but you shouldn’t. It’s proof-positive that the company should simply have waited and not released the game on last-gen consoles at all (or delayed said release until the game actually worked on them). It’s atrocious at best, and a betrayal of gamer trust at worst.

Now gamers are reporting that Sony is offering up refunds on PS4 and PS5—something that is not by any means guaranteed on that platform. Sony has no set return policy, and it’s only under somewhat extreme cir stances that this sort of thing happens.

It still isn’t a guarantee, of course. You’ll want to delete the game from your system, make sure you haven’t played too much of it before asking for a refund, and—when speaking to a Sony rep—be polite and make your case calmly. Even then you might be denied a refund. Persistence pays off--sometimes.

You can also get refunds on Steam if you haven’t played more than two hours of the game and via Xbox where it sounds like refunds are fairly easy to come by.

It’s really a shame about the state of this game on console, but it really ought to have been a next-gen only game to begin with. Right now, it plays better on Stadia than on any console and, well, really should be played on a high-end gaming PC (or GeForce Now).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Already said as much.

Give it for free or refund time. I don’t know why SONY has that policy, it needs to change.

It’s the reason why I don’t pre order games digitally at all. , I don’t pre order games at all but it’s worse when the place you’re getting stuff from doesn’t do refunds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Already said as much.

Give it for free or refund time. I don’t know why SONY has that policy, it needs to change.

It’s the reason why I don’t pre order games digitally at all. , I don’t pre order games at all but it’s worse when the place you’re getting stuff from doesn’t do refunds.
    Yeah I have only preordered three games: Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2 because they got nothing but glowing early reviews and Persona 5 Royal because I knew the game was already great in Japan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just disgraceful and deceptive. This was the PS4 trailer from E3 last year:

They also over-relied on dynamic resolution. You can use it to go from 1440p or even 1080p to 4k relatively well, but once you drop below 1080p, it gets too blurry.

And for some reason the game appears to be a CPU hog. Base PS4s really struggle with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And for some reason the game appears to be a CPU hog. Base PS4s really struggle with that.
    You don't think maybe it's the NPC count? I remember that being a huge problem with AC Unity, though Unity had way more NPC. Still, Cyberpunk has a lot. When the game kills 4C/8T desktop cpus you know it was going to absolutely rape the crap cpus in the last gen consoles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was getting 30 FPS (never below) on 1080P Ultra and 45-50 on High... and that’s all I wanted to know and deleted the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't think maybe it's the NPC count? I remember that being a huge problem with AC Unity, though Unity had way more NPC. Still, Cyberpunk has a lot. When the game kills 4C/8T desktop cpus you know it was going to absolutely rape the crap cpus in the last gen consoles.
    Could be but not the AI though, there's something with the graphics, because I don't see as many characters in the city here as they showed on the demo. Graphics scale with the CPU power, maybe they're doing skinning on the CPU or something stupid like that.

They also ed up the temporal reprojection, I can see grainy artifacts (like ghosting) when certain models move, especially against light. That's typical of not calculating motion vectors right.

I mean, after Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2, there's no way they can't ship anything better looking. And I know at least TLOU2 used motion matching for character animations which is more expensive than what these guys are using, so I don't know where they're burning cycles here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could be but not the AI though, there's something with the graphics, because I don't see as many characters in the city here as they showed on the demo. Graphics scale with the CPU power, maybe they're doing skinning on the CPU or something stupid like that.

They also ed up the temporal reprojection, I can see grainy artifacts (like ghosting) when certain models move, especially against light. That's typical of not calculating motion vectors right.

I mean, after Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU2, there's no way they can't ship anything better looking. And I know at least TLOU2 used motion matching for character animations which is more expensive than what these guys are using, so I don't know where they're burning cycles here.
    Do you think this is fixable?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think this is fixable?
    Most of it should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL apparently you can find Kojima in clubs in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really should have been delayed until 2021. All they had to do was say COVID ed them over and that would have bought them another year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Already said as much.

The entire idea behind preordering games is completely outdated. Nobody needs to reserve their copy of something digital. It's not even necessary for physical copies anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This really should have been delayed until 2021. All they had to do was say COVID ed them over and that would have bought them another year.

Naughty Dog tried this and it resulted on a major leak.

Still would be the right thing for it. This game is downright unplayable unless you're in the master race.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The entire idea behind preordering games is completely outdated. Nobody needs to reserve their copy of something digital. It's not even necessary for physical copies anymore.
    I have felt that way for years. Even when pre ordering was at it's peak.

I guess I'm just old school. I'm the type who likes to personally go to places to get what I'm after. I have always managed to get a triple A game on the same day it releases or as is sometimes the case, days before in fact.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    So, what the was the point of that opening? I started as Corp V, and I thought it would play a bigger role in the plot, but apparently not. What a letdown. I would rather it have been done like Mass Effect, where there's a paragraph on Sheperd's origins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn only read this last page, expecting glowing praise and crazy anecdotes only for disaster

so it sounds like the i5-9500/980 rig im building will barely be able to handle high settings... yeah ill wait for a patch before getting around to this one.

in any case Nono, just about every game abuses cinematics in the marketing, this will hardly be the first or worst to do it...

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Is there any interesting (outside of screwing) NPC interaction, because all I can do is talk, and if I fire my gun, they just crouch and do nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn only read this last page, expecting glowing praise and crazy anecdotes only for disaster

so it sounds like the i5-9500/980 rig im building will barely be able to handle high settings... yeah ill wait for a patch before getting around to this one.

in any case Nono, just about every game abuses cinematics in the marketing, this will hardly be the first or worst to do it...
    Right now a 980 probably won't be able to pull off 1080p30 at high. Devs were full of calling the GTX 1060 the recommended spec for 1080p high. Definitely wait for a patch. I know I will with the hope that my 4C/8T Haswell Xeon will have a chance running it without a bunch of stutter, as I'm not too excited at the thought of buying a new cpu + board + DDR4 right before DDR5 platforms are coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, sure, but the problem with this game is that even the cinematics are done realtime with the game engine, so the cinematics themselves don't look anything like what was shown (for PS4 at least)... lol

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Performance is less concerning to me right now than the overall buggies of the game, and it's not that buggy so far.

Thread Information