Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even IGN s all over the console ports, and they'll give anything a 7/10

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    lol never mind. My computer can't run this for sh.it. Once I actually got into the open world, I started getting blocky textures and FPS drops. It's not nearly as bad as console, but I will wait until I upgrade to play this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol never mind. My computer can't run this for sh.it. Once I actually got into the open world, I started getting blocky textures and FPS drops. It's not nearly as bad as console, but I will wait until I upgrade to play this.
    What hardware and settings?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a cluster . PR nightmare, though well deserved. these chumps for putting out a game in this sorry state.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i'm glad I have a decent PC because of a couple minor glitches and a couple crashes i havent had many issues in about 30 hours of gameplay now. lol console users

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are the problems just on PS4 and Xbox one or also on the new consoles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are the problems just on PS4 and Xbox one or also on the new consoles?
    Nono seems to think it's ok on PS5. But PS5 running a PS4 Pro game at 60 fps is hardly impressive given the ridiculous difference in power between a PS5 and a PS4. For instance, PS5 uses something that would have been considered a relatively highend PC gaming cpu until a few months ago, not absolute top of the line, but not too far below it either, and it's still an upper midrange gaming cpu. While PS4 Pro uses a crap mobile cpu from 2013. PC gaming cpus from 2013 are pretty garbage in 2020, even the higher end like the i7-3770k ($300) and the i7-4930k ($600) can struggle to hit 60 fps in some games nowadays. And the PS4 / PS4 Pro cpu that came out in 2013 was complete dog compared to those 2013 PC cpus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sony is giving full refunds for the game if you bought it on the PSN Store and has delisted the game there. If you already own the game, you get to keep it and get the patches.

I finished the game 2 days ago on my PS5, and it was good, but can be a lot better. Looks like there’s multiple endings too, and a ton of side quests that are not small by any means, so I’ll probably replay it once I’m back from vacay.

The game did crash every couple of hours though, smells like a memory leak.

This le looks rushed. It’s a big game, and I suppose they were super aggressive with deadlines, but honestly we wouldn’t ship such a high profile le in that state, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nono seems to think it's ok on PS5. But PS5 running a PS4 Pro game at 60 fps is hardly impressive given the ridiculous difference in power between a PS5 and a PS4. For instance, PS5 uses something that would have been considered a relatively highend PC gaming cpu until a few months ago, not absolute top of the line, but not too far below it either, and it's still an upper midrange gaming cpu. While PS4 Pro uses a crap mobile cpu from 2013. PC gaming cpus from 2013 are pretty garbage in 2020, even the higher end like the i7-3770k ($300) and the i7-4930k ($600) can struggle to hit 60 fps in some games nowadays. And the PS4 / PS4 Pro cpu that came out in 2013 was complete dog compared to those 2013 PC cpus.
    I think the huge difference on the PS5 running this game is the streaming. Obviously they’re not using PS5 APIs, which means they can make it even faster and nicer looking on PS5, but just having the SSD there to stream in high LOD models and textures quickly enough is probably the difference maker. It’s hard to explain how much faster the SSD on a PS5 is compared to the PS4 HDD. It maxes out at 5.5GB/sec (actual speed for uncompressed assets, faster if compressed with the hardware compressor), which is beastly even by PC standards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the huge difference on the PS5 running this game is the streaming. Obviously they’re not using PS5 APIs, which means they can make it even faster and nicer looking on PS5, but just having the SSD there to stream in high LOD models and textures quickly enough is probably the difference maker. It’s hard to explain how much faster the SSD on a PS5 is compared to the PS4 HDD. It maxes out at 5.5GB/sec, which is beastly even by PC standards.
    Digital Foundry was saying the same about the texture loading. I thought you said the cpu was an enormous problem though too, which makes sense since 4C/8T gaming cpus run in the 30s and 40s even playing off ssd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Digital Foundry was saying the same about the texture loading. I thought you said the cpu was an enormous problem though too, which makes sense since 4C/8T gaming cpus run in the 30s and 40s even playing off ssd.
    I mentioned the CPUs because the benchmarks I’ve seen worked a lot faster on more than 8+ cores. That means they’re CPU bound for some reason, though it’s not entirely clear to me why. For some reason that has an incidence in render time, which it means it can’t be the AI (unless that’s slowing down rendering, which would be a stupid decision).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    today's gaming

In the 90s the games were tougher, more physical

Buy a cartridge made for your console, zero load up time, jump, shoot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    today's gaming

Umm not sure about that. A simple dusting would kill a cartrige in no time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another 90's myth debunked

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another 90's myth debunked
    The myth was blowing into the cartridges to clean it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The myth was blowing into the cartridges to clean it.
    good times

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    today's gaming

1 Continue
    No checkpoints
    No saving

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 Continue
    No checkpoints
    No saving
    For most action games yes; you get killed, start over

But Mario had checkpoints (in the form of level completion) and Zelda had saving iirc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a cluster . PR nightmare, though well deserved. these chumps for putting out a game in this sorry state.
    Well, at least XBox finally has a console exclusive

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For most action games yes; you get killed, start over

But Mario had checkpoints (in the form of level completion) and Zelda had saving iirc
    Frosty was probably thinking about arcade gaming. Most home games had Checkpoints and a password system ala mega man when you completed a stage, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frosty was probably thinking about arcade gaming. Most home games had Checkpoints and a password system ala mega man when you completed a stage, etc.
    ah ok maybe
    Didn't paly much Megaman tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game. Its probably a worse version than Fallout 4. And I got bored w fallout 4 after a week.

Pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game. Its probably a worse version than Fallout 4. And I got bored w fallout 4 after a week.

Pass
    WTF are you doing not playing RDR2 with a 10850k + 3070 man?

I'm only rocking a Haswell 4C/8T from 2014 and a 1660 Super and the game is beautiful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information