My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think the article has way too many words. Bottom line, they're saying that the Lakers would have to make the usual match to trade for Chris Paul. That would mean trading away almost half their roster, but that's a different discussion.

The writer thinks the Lakers wouldn't want to trade Alex Caruso (I can't imagine that he would be the sticking point in a 6-for-1 trade, but okay.) So the only way the author sees that they could put together enough salary match would be to sign their 1st round pick, and throw his rookie scale salary into the deal. But rookies can't be traded until 30 days after the draft - under the current rules.

With this ed up offseason, IF that were to be the only thing standing in the way of the deal, I'm confident the league would make an exception. They're going to have to flex on a lot of things to make all this work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a whole lot of words about a deal that even the writer admits is unlikely and possibly hasn't even been discussed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a whole lot of words about a deal that even the writer admits is unlikely and possibly hasn't even been discussed.
    Not to mention that the Lakers are basically asset broke. If I’m OKC, I’m taking a better deal, and not taking out their trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did rondo retire or what? last time i checked rondo was cheaper and the mvp of game6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did rondo retire or what? last time i checked rondo was cheaper and the mvp of game6.

Nah... Rondo is a franchise player. Just ask him.

Rondo has always had a lot of talent. Anyone who denies that is just fooling themselves. But he has two big flaws. His at ude is toxic. And he can't shoot for . A starting NBA point guard that shoots FT's worse than Tim Duncan did. SMDH. The big problem is that his FG percentages are just high enough for him to keep shooting, and just low enough to lose you a bunch of games over the course of a season. And guys that shoot like that get worse under playoff pressure.

If he had stuck to being more of a "pure" PG, and sticking to his highest percentage shots, he would have been a lot better player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah... Rondo is a franchise player. Just ask him.

Rondo has always had a lot of talent. Anyone who denies that is just fooling themselves. But he has two big flaws. His at ude is toxic. And he can't shoot for . A starting NBA point guard that shoots FT's worse than Tim Duncan did. SMDH. The big problem is that his FG percentages are just high enough for him to keep shooting, and just low enough to lose you a bunch of games over the course of a season. And guys that shoot like that get worse under playoff pressure.

If he had stuck to being more of a "pure" PG, and sticking to his highest percentage shots, he would have been a lot better player.
    so you think LA is going to let him walk? he's on a minimum contract rn right and looking to get somewhat paid? i'd take rondo with all his flaws over mr 30mil any day at this point in their careers. i'm no fan of either but i just don't see paul ever turning the corner with any franchise and he's not getting any younger either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you think LA is going to let him walk? he's on a minimum contract rn right and looking to get somewhat paid? i'd take rondo with all his flaws over mr 30mil any day at this point in their careers. i'm no fan of either but i just don't see paul ever turning the corner with any franchise and he's not getting any younger either.

You know, I forgot your comment was in a thread about the Lakers going after CP3. I just sort of wrote that article off after reading it I guess. Doh!

I had to think about it. I don't like Paul's contract. But the bas is still good, if he can stay healthy and doesn't fall off the age cliff. If you take salary out of it, I would MUCH rather have him than Rondo. But you can't take salary out of it. For the Lakers to make that deal, they would have to believe that they can put just about any filler around LBJ, Davis, and CP3 and still ring. , they may be right - at least for another year or two.

I agree that Rondo on that team, at that price, is a good value. I agree that they would be stupid to mess that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know, I forgot your comment was in a thread about the Lakers going after CP3. I just sort of wrote that article off after reading it I guess. Doh!

I had to think about it. I don't like Paul's contract. But the bas is still good, if he can stay healthy and doesn't fall off the age cliff. If you take salary out of it, I would MUCH rather have him than Rondo. But you can't take salary out of it. For the Lakers to make that deal, they would have to believe that they can put just about any filler around LBJ, Davis, and CP3 and still ring. , they may be right - at least for another year or two.

I agree that Rondo on that team, at that price, is a good value. I agree that they would be stupid to mess that up.
    exactly what i was getting at. if it was strictly, no numbers involved, paul or rondo then i'd take paul for his court vision and offense. when numbers are involved, rondo has proven his place on the roster and especially in that last finals game.

good takes as always zeus!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers traded away half their roster of young talent for AD. If a trade is to be made only Bron and AD are safe. And I love Caruso.

But don't act like we NEED CP. I'm just saying.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The League is not going to start in December. Even though the NBA wants it LeHype said he would take time off if they start then. So I am betting the NBA will move it back to appease its "king" as he does not care about the peasants.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd laugh my ass off so hard if AD opts out and goes to another team, leaving the Lakers in their 2019 no-man's-land with no assets and no good players around LeBron.

Oh well, a man can dream, can't he? I'm not quite the Laker hater Rummpd is, but I can't say it wasn't enjoyable seeing the Lakers go 8 years between playoff wins, even if they got the ring this year.

Thread Information