Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, lowest unemployment in history, pre-COVID.
    Bush had good numbers pre recession too. You don’t get to cherry pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/elections/2020/

Not all the polls but most and is a pretty fair site

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no, lowest unemployment in history, pre-COVID.
    Not in history and not in coal states. He promised to bring back coal jobs and didn't which is what I was talking about.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It was the best economy ever....Trump created so many jobs at Target and Walmart pre-COVID

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Joe is campaigning on bringing back manufacturing jobs
    Promising blue collar whites a return to 1950s manufacturing jobs is a bipartisan problem for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bush had good numbers pre recession too. You don’t get to cherry pick
    false equivalence

Philo acting like lockdown isn't a thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the best economy ever....Trump created so many jobs at Target and Walmart pre-COVID
    Since when did the unemployment numbers not include those types of jobs as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think she lost, basically, due to losing the Rust Belt. Those guys cared about the anti-globalization sentiment, and the rosy promises of manufacturing coming back, more than anything Bannon or the emails said or did. But that's certainly my opinion.

At this point you have to be pretty dumb not to tell you were conned if you are in any of those States. All that said, that was then. With a relatively good economy, going up and no pandemic. The environment has obviously changed now.
    Sure, but people still need jobs, and coal miners aren't going to be retasked as medical professionals.
    And Trump failed on his promise to deliver them.
    Not in history and not in coal states. He promised to bring back coal jobs and didn't which is what I was talking about.
    I responded to El's comment about manufacturing jobs. The comment was that coal miners weren't going to become doctors. Manufacturing is about the only avenue for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I think I'm going to disagree on that. I think Hillary was extremely unlikeable, and somebody that looked both en led and arrogant. She was damaged goods in a lot of ways.

You also have to credit Trump for making people believe things he knew he couldn't deliver on (bringing back manufacturing, cheap and great healthcare, hedge funds will have to leave money on the table, etc), which is a lot easier to do when you're more or less an unknown.

Now, I don't think Joe is a likeable candidate either, but I don't think your average voter dislikes him as much as Shillary and/or Trump.

And in bency will hurt Trump simply because he can't keep pulling a fast one on the promises department. He didn't deliver, and it's pretty clear he's not interested either.
    Why do you say joe is not a likable candidate?

I’m actually curious. I hear that from other progressive types. So I’m curious what has led to that definition of him.

personally, he’s just a politician. But his importance isn’t in his soaring rhetoric or ideas, because that’s not there. His importance is in stopping the further degradation of the office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    false equivalence

They both had good numbers until they didnt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge turnout in early vote points to Democratic edge in some key states
    Democrats have an average 5 percentage-point lead in the early vote across 14 battleground states, according to an analysis by TargetSmart.

That advantage is higher in certain states crucial to Joe Biden’s path to the presidency like Pennsylvania,

where mail-in ballots are the only early-voting option and where more than twice as many Democrats have voted early than Republicans so far.

Moreover, a quarter of the early vote in battleground states is coming from infrequent or first-time voters,

suggesting that Democrats aren’t just banking votes they’d get anyway, but are actually drawing in new voters.

-- Boston Globe email

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    false equivalence

True, Trump potentially had more control over lessening the effects of COVID on the economy but your guy is the worst president since Wilson, so his inep ude made the economy worse.

Good catch, DMC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats have an average 5 percentage-point lead in the early vote across 14 battleground states, according to an analysis by TargetSmart.

That advantage is higher in certain states crucial to Joe Biden’s path to the presidency like Pennsylvania,

where mail-in ballots are the only early-voting option and where more than twice as many Democrats have voted early than Republicans so far.

Moreover, a quarter of the early vote in battleground states is coming from infrequent or first-time voters,

suggesting that Democrats aren’t just banking votes they’d get anyway, but are actually drawing in new voters.

-- Boston Globe email
    TSA

Who do you reckon this favors?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    TSA

Who do you reckon this favors?
    North Carolina already has 750k voters who didn't vote in 2016 , even if Trump wins Florida I think he's in deep in North Carolina and Arizona.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both had good numbers until they didnt
    Gross oversimplification. Reasons matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you say joe is not a likable candidate?

I’m actually curious. I hear that from other progressive types. So I’m curious what has led to that definition of him.

personally, he’s just a politician. But his importance isn’t in his soaring rhetoric or ideas, because that’s not there. His importance is in stopping the further degradation of the office

This false pretense that the office of the POTUS somehow has prestige and hasn't been sullied by decades of highly suspect characters is damn near dogma. Thinking Joe will bring some dignity to that office is basically Tom Cruise level Scientology.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This false pretense that the office of the POTUS somehow has prestige and hasn't been sullied by decades of highly suspect characters is damn near dogma. Thinking Joe will bring some dignity to that office is basically Tom Cruise level Scientology.

who said anything about prestige or honor? I certainly didn’t. But what the current inhabitant of the position has done makes Nixon look honorable and decent.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    North Carolina already has 750k voters who didn't vote in 2016 , even if Trump wins Florida I think he's in deep in North Carolina and Arizona.
    source?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/NC.html

Scroll down to the bottom. It's data released by each county, so not a polling a estimate. 750k is an actual tally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-- Boston Globe email
    Honestly Globe is about as liberal as it comes and mat not be credible other stories suggest opposite effect.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Honestly Globe is about as liberal as it comes and mat not be credible other stories suggest opposite effect.
    At least in NC, there's actual voter registration data that shows 1/4 of its early voters are first time/infrequent voters - they have 3 million votes cast and 750k of them are voters who didn't vote in 2016. That's not polling or election modeling, it's data that's released by the state.

Regardless, even if early votes are simply "cannibalizing" election day votes, that's still good for Biden/Democrats. It gives them a smaller pool of voters to make outreach efforts to over the next 9 days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And she failed to campaign much in the midwest.
    Dems failed to campaign on ing POLICIES, just running against Trash.

America's superficial so-called civilization is skin deep, voting for people on likeability or "looking the part", or telegenics, or Macho Man fakes, rather than on policies.

So they elect ignorant tools, Useful Idiots and war criminals like St Ronnie, dubya, and of course horrible, fatal jokes like Trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who said anything about prestige or honor? I certainly didn’t. But what the current inhabitant of the position has done makes Nixon look honorable and decent.
    Degradation from something, obviously.. unless you're referring to the décor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... sez the Trash fellator who posts Rasmussen crap

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should put money on Trump like you did the Heat and Nuggets against King James and the Lakers.

Thread Information