Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be fun if SCOTUS took over the country and ruled it cons utional for Trump to maintain power and be re-elected, Ahmedinejad vs Mousavi Iran 2009 style, at all costs up to and including using tear gas and batons to squelch the millennial protestors.
    Especially if the people came and burned the SC and White House down after

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    no... the Nine Nazgul approach is tradition. Leave it as-is. Slippery slope.
    They established 9 SCOTUS justices in 1856 because at the time the country had 9 circuit courts and they wanted one SCOTUS justice to oversee each circuit court.

The US now has 13 circuit courts, so adding 4 SCOTUS justices would just be following the tradition set in 1856. It would be the originalist approach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They established 9 SCOTUS justices in 1856 because at the time the country had 9 circuit courts and they wanted one SCOTUS justice to oversee each circuit court.

The US now has 13 circuit courts, so adding 4 SCOTUS justices would just be following the tradition set in 1856. It would be the originalist approach
    If we go full originalist, women and people of color cannot hold supreme court justice position.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Monmouth just released a poll showing Biden up 5% in Georgia and Ossoff up 49%-46%.

If Ossoff is winning really need him to get above 50% to avoid a runoff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Monmouth just released a poll showing Biden up 5% in Georgia and Ossoff up 49%-46%.

If Ossoff is winning really need him to get above 50% to avoid a runoff.
    Warnock would also be hitting 50% if that Lieberman cuck wasn't there. He's currently polling at 48% against the that traded stocks right before COVID hit.

I am hoping his "supporters" see what they're doing here. We can potentially get 2 dem senators from Georgia.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Warnock would also be hitting 50% if that Lieberman cuck wasn't there. He's currently polling at 48% against the that traded stocks right before COVID hit.

I am hoping his "supporters" see what they're doing here. We can potentially get 2 dem senators from Georgia.
    Lieberman is just being obstructionist. His twitter account has <2k followers (call that a stupid measure if you want to but a serious senate candidate would be using twitter to promote his campaign) and he's not using social media at all. He knows he's losing but he's taking after his dad and refusing to drop out because he's butthurt Democrats don't like him.

Warnock might struggle to get to 50% either way though. Fortunately the other Republican in the race is even crazier than Loeffler is, and Warnock polls really well against both of them head to head. Loeffler and Collins have basically been in a contest of who can out crazy the other one more.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Honestly if the holocaust wiped out the Lieberman gene pool I'd probably have a more favorable view of nazis. wad Lieberman is the biggest reason the ACA didn't include a public option.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beliefs don't affect others. Actions do.
    beliefs can and often do lead to actions

Seriously what stupid game are you playing here.
    This is pitiful sophistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OCD is a clinical diagnosis, not a trait.
    Great, where did I say otherwise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And pretend to convert to Islam... well I don't shave my beard much, so I guess I could pass for Muslim except I'm pretty pasty this year because minimal outdoor activity due to covid, so meh...

Still think Eastern Europe is the way to go. The experienced 40 years of communism and don't really like it. Their economy isn't great but that's good if you're an American coming in with US dollars, that can stretch you a long ways. Also, the women are hot and mediterranean and womanly, loyal, etc and not so progressive (but not so conservative in terms of being scared to take off their clothes)... just good women overall.
    So you're looking for a loyal woman who will put out relatively quickly, but also not advocate for herself or those less fortunate than her?

But also, if that's what you want, you might as well just stay here and ride it out, since I'm sure there are plenty of women who fit that description. Plus, if what you say is true, you're a well-off white male. It's not like your life is going to be impacted significantly regardless of who wins...just take your L and go back to masturbating after a run of Call of Duty...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if the holocaust wiped out the Lieberman gene pool I'd probably have a more favorable view of nazis. wad Lieberman is the biggest reason the ACA didn't include a public option.
    It's amazing how nobody even mentions this when discussing the shortcomings of the ACA. History is weird...

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Especially if the people came and burned the SC and White House down after
    I don't think they burned down the Ayatollah craphole structures after Mousavi "lost" (got cheated). They just took it up the ass and continued to acquiesce to Shiite sharia law.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That one might be an outlier. 17 Points seems like too much.

Today, the so called gold standard Marquette is releasing their final poll for Wisconsin. We'll see what that one says.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 Point lead is ok I guess. Outside the Margin of error.

They had Hillary up 6 last time. But I'm assuming they have fixed their polling methodology by now.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    5 Point lead is ok I guess. Outside the Margin of error.

They had Hillary up 6 last time. But I'm assuming they have fixed their polling methodology by now.
    How many undecideds did they have in 2016 though? I doubt they had Hillary in the high 40s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want to preface that anyone who posts individual polls and handwaving at them claiming victory is an abject moron.

Similarly 538 had Clinton up two points and gave Trump a 35% chance to win in 2016. Hillary won the popular vote at a bit over 1% and Trump won the electoral college ie hitting his 35% chance. If you are too stupid or ignorant to understand what probabilities mean then you really shouldn't comment.

538 does not poll. They take all of the polls and adjust for actual bias and weight them based on precision. IOW if the aggregate of a pollster shows them 3 points in favor of one party over actual results they adjust the pollster to actual results. They give more weight to pollsters that are precise. IOW, They hit the same target consistently regardless of accurate.

A good example of this is Rasmussen. People note how they always bias towards GOP candidates and conclude their results should be thrown out. 538 does not. They adjust for the bias and grade them well because they have a consistent bias.

Anyhow. Their models include individual state polling and the way each state apportions their electors.

They give Biden an 86% chance to win and Trump a 13% chance.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

They have Biden up 9.2 points up in national polling

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eral/national/

Note that the standard error for polls is ~5%.
    up to 88% today.

Flipped up a tick because Iowa tilted a bit to Biden.

Iowa.

Texas margin at 3%

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rugged Perlman owning the cuckserva s per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    beliefs can and often do lead to actions

Seriously what stupid game are you playing here.
    This is pitiful sophistry.
    His comments read like fortune cookies but without deep meaning.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Trafelgagel with a new poll showing Kanye West getting 3% of the vote in Minnesota

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trafelgagel with a new poll showing Kanye West getting 3% of the vote in Minnesota

I like this new name you gave them.

Biden being up 3 with them means he's actually up 8 or 10.

Not that it matters because they seem to just draw random numbers out of a hat.

Trump getting 30% of democrats

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's really nothing but a garbage talking point. The "left behinds" that Trump courted in 2016 weren't really any better off pre-Covid. Trump's trade war dragged on far too long with hardly any benefits and tariffs were taxing the out of American businesses causing the cost of their raw materials to rise. Rather than eat that extra cost businesses had the choice of shelving expansion projects, laying off workers, or passing that extra cost to consumers. This lead to a manufacturing recession and rust belt states were bleeding jobs all through 2019. I lost count how many times Trump and Pence came to PA with their "war on coal" and "Trump digs coal" slogans. 4 years later coal is still on a death spiral which is why I haven't heard Trump or Pence mention it once on the campaign trail. Same goes for steel workers. Trump's tariffs were designed to help their industry but they backfired and the manufacturing recession had a domino effect on the steel industry causing low demand and their prices dropped drastically. Farmers also got hit hard by the trade war. Trump tried to shut them up with billions in bailouts but that money was just a bandaid and all that money was doing is keeping their lights on at this point. Their markets and supply chains have been destroyed in tariff retaliation. I laughed so hard last week when Trump went to Iowa and went on a rant about his Nobel Peace prize nomination not getting any news coverage because of Iowa's floods and crop problems You could tell the people in the audience were like WTF. Trump and the RINOs also advertised 4-5% GDP growth with their tax cuts. Last year it was 2%. Trump and the "fiscal conservatives" cut government revenue on one hand and went on a spending spree on the other for 2% GDP

The funny thing is if Trump had handled the Covid response like an adult he would have sailed to a 2nd term looking Presidential and on the perception from the uninformed that his smoke and mirrors economy was "the best ever". He botched it like he screws up everything else and now he's in a dogfight with Biden's corpse
    Truth. +10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's really nothing but a garbage talking point. The "left behinds" that Trump courted in 2016 weren't really any better off pre-Covid. Trump's trade war dragged on far too long with hardly any benefits and tariffs were taxing the out of American businesses causing the cost of their raw materials to rise. Rather than eat that extra cost businesses had the choice of shelving expansion projects, laying off workers, or passing that extra cost to consumers. This lead to a manufacturing recession and rust belt states were bleeding jobs all through 2019. I lost count how many times Trump and Pence came to PA with their "war on coal" and "Trump digs coal" slogans. 4 years later coal is still on a death spiral which is why I haven't heard Trump or Pence mention it once on the campaign trail. Same goes for steel workers. Trump's tariffs were designed to help their industry but they backfired and the manufacturing recession had a domino effect on the steel industry causing low demand and their prices dropped drastically. Farmers also got hit hard by the trade war. Trump tried to shut them up with billions in bailouts but that money was just a bandaid and all that money was doing is keeping their lights on at this point. Their markets and supply chains have been destroyed in tariff retaliation. I laughed so hard last week when Trump went to Iowa and went on a rant about his Nobel Peace prize nomination not getting any news coverage because of Iowa's floods and crop problems You could tell the people in the audience were like WTF. Trump and the RINOs also advertised 4-5% GDP growth with their tax cuts. Last year it was 2%. Trump and the "fiscal conservatives" cut government revenue on one hand and went on a spending spree on the other for 2% GDP

The funny thing is if Trump had handled the Covid response like an adult he would have sailed to a 2nd term looking Presidential and on the perception from the uninformed that his smoke and mirrors economy was "the best ever". He botched it like he screws up everything else and now he's in a dogfight with Biden's corpse

Ok I learned stuff here.

Have an article that details all this or you just did your own condensed version?
    Would like a read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the last 3 elections Silver has correctly predicted 144/150 states.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the very very best thing about that poll is the strong libertarian bent so many of those conservatives self identified as, so they didn’t have to claim their trumpism, still can’t beat Kanye

Thread Information