Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Up till February 2020
    The Dinesh D'Souza frozen in time gambit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could very well be wrong and he’ll go back to being the credit card companies’ favorite politician once he gets elected, he just seems to be in a mode where he cares about his legacy at this point more than his corporate sponsors. 4 years ago I voted for Shillary but had no doubt that she would be a corporate shill once she got into office. I have more optimism with Biden than I did with her, well see if it’s warranted.
    my original point with nono was likability. Joe is that guy.

i also think, for some reason, that his mortality, and having grandchildren that watched their father be put in the ground had a bigger effect than we realize.

i don’t think he’s transformational. But I think he knows that his legacy is wrapped up in somehow reigniting this idea of an American dream, whatever that is. He just needs the votes to make it a possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i also think, for some reason, that his mortality, and having grandchildren that watched their father be put in the ground had a bigger effect than we realize.

i don’t think he’s transformational. But I think he knows that his legacy is wrapped up in somehow reigniting this idea of an American dream, whatever that is. He just needs the votes to make it a possibility.
    If he wins, he'll be lauded as a hero. I have zero doubts about it. And he should also get credit for running. He could've easily stayed home and moved on.

All that said, if this is truly the best Dems have, there's a lot of work ahead of them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I don’t think he’s transformational either but it’s worth noting FDR became a transformational president over time, he didn’t originally run as one.

Biden’s platform is also the most specifically progressive platform we’ve seen in decades. In hindsight the 2008 Obama platform was intentionally vague and not very progressive at all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he wins, he'll be lauded as a hero. I have zero doubts about it. And he should also get credit for running. He could've easily stayed home and moved on.

All that said, if this is truly the best Dems have, there's a lot of work ahead of them.

there’s no doubt there needs to be a new generation of dem leaders. Hopefully, the progressive left becomes a motivating force with new faces to lead in the future. But all Dems need to be mindful that it’s a big umbrella full of many different types of people that most align with their ideals

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think he’s transformational either but it’s worth noting FDR became a transformational president over time, he didn’t originally run as one.

Biden’s platform is also the most specifically progressive platform we’ve seen in decades. In hindsight the 2008 Obama platform was intentionally vague and not very progressive at all.
    the e in the pandemic, the economy leaving behind millions of people, ridiculous tax cuts that further redistribute wealth upwards, a r party intent on obstructing anything and everything that would help the least powerful. Also the rw terrorism on the uptick, police unions fighting to make sure they can kill black men and women with qualified immunity.

it’s almost like 1932 again. Hopefully Joe is ready for what he’s about to face. It’s going to take the very best of the very best men and women to deal with the problems facing America in 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe my perception is skewed or wrong. I certainly admit to that.
    Lol wake us all up the first time you are ever right about Joe Biden. I dunno if this is some kind of kink fetish where you like getting dominated but man you love being wrong about that guy

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    the e in the pandemic, the economy leaving behind millions of people, ridiculous tax cuts that further redistribute wealth upwards, a r party intent on obstructing anything and everything that would help the least powerful. Also the rw terrorism on the uptick, police unions fighting to make sure they can kill black men and women with qualified immunity.

it’s almost like 1932 again. Hopefully Joe is ready for what he’s about to face. It’s going to take the very best of the very best men and women to deal with the problems facing America in 2020.
    Yeah that's my big concern with Joe. He seems to think he can bring bipartisanship back and kill Cocaine Mitch with kindness. His only prayer at getting his platform is nuking the filibuster and ramming legislation through congress as aggressively as Trump and Cocaine Mitch have rammed this bible thumping to a SCOTUS nomination.

Hopefully his talk about bipartisanship is just campaign bull to win Republican votes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol wake us all up the first time you are ever right about Joe Biden. I dunno if this is some kind of kink fetish where you like getting dominated but man you love being wrong about that guy
    sup brah, I have zero problems with being wrong about Joe, tbh... I don't even dislike or hate the guy, I just think he's an extremely weak and unlikeable candidate.

This is one of those times I'd love to eat crow, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s easy to understand. Voter suppression is how.

Unlike other sunbelt states like NC/GA where demographics have steadily shifted left, Florida also has a steady inflow of old s moving there who vote Republican.
    They also ed over all the felons the voters voted to re-enfranchise with those poll taxes where they have to pay all their court costs. Biden is really unusually strong with older voters though so Florida will be interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sup brah, I have zero problems with being wrong about Joe, tbh... I don't even dislike or hate the guy, I just think he's an extremely weak and unlikeable candidate.

This is one of those times I'd love to eat crow, IMO.
    I certainly do not like him. Just like Reagan, Clinton, Obama and Trump, I expect to see the same who's who of corporate oligarchs get posted to the cabinet and oversight committees. Same fundamental corruption as you see consistently in both parties.

That being said, Biden is not an embarrassment like Trump is. That is what is driving conservatives and independents to Biden. Shame is one of the most powerful motivators to citizens of the US in general.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That has more to do with the popularity of Sanders, AOC and the new breed of progressives than anything to do with Biden. Its the democratic party platform not the Biden platform.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Shame is one of the most powerful motivators to citizens of the US in general.
    Surprising. IMO Americans are one of the least concerned nations/people over shame and reputation. Almost to the point of pride that the World negatively judges them. In part because America will always be the youngest guy in the room. Making the culture and history fundamentally inferior in others eyes.

Americans don't seem to care about being the Western black sheep tbh. Cowboy at ude...
    Last edited by FrostKing; 10-26-2020 at 05:02 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprising. IMO Americans are one of the least concerned nations/people over shame and reputation. Almost to the point of pride that the World negatively judges them. In part because America will always be the youngest guy in the room. Making the culture and history fundamentally inferior in others eyes.

Americans don't seem to care about being the Western black sheep tbh. Cowboy at ude...
    It’s a good thing you live in Poland, where 97% of the population identifies as polish, then.

still amazing a guy in Poland would find a Hispanic girlfriend, when there’s literally no Hispanic population in Poland. Even more amazing that girlfriend’s father is going to commit voter fraud in America in order to vote for trump.

You should tell your story, it would be a true human interest story.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They also ed over all the felons the voters voted to re-enfranchise with those poll taxes where they have to pay all their court costs.
    Like I said, voter suppression

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was impeached.

The Senate Says we are red and that’s as far as it goes.
    People have difficulty understanding the importance of keeping our elections out of play for intelligence agencies of foreign countries. They get the f up on health care and the disastrous results of fingup on a very contagious virus. Eventually incompetence and lying become important.
    Your responses rarely have anything to do with the conversation you're responding to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I certainly do not like him. Just like Reagan, Clinton, Obama and Trump, I expect to see the same who's who of corporate oligarchs get posted to the cabinet and oversight committees. Same fundamental corruption as you see consistently in both parties.

That being said, Biden is not an embarrassment like Trump is. That is what is driving conservatives and independents to Biden. Shame is one of the most powerful motivators to citizens of the US in general.
    It's not shame. They've seen the Trump episodes and they want to see something new. Americans get bored easily. This is why they didn't want Mrs Clinton.

You can't convince me that a nation that's about 50% morbidly obese is motivated by shame.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your responses rarely have anything to do with the conversation you're responding to.
    sure

You didn’t even know Trump was impeached so I understand you would not get the connections for the rest of it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not shame. They've seen the Trump episodes and they want to see something new. Americans get bored easily. This is why they didn't want Mrs Clinton.

You can't convince me that a nation that's about 50% morbidly obese is motivated by shame.
    says the guy who calls out fat shaming.
    you have zero consistency in your thinking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Want to preface that anyone who posts individual polls and handwaving at them claiming victory is an abject moron.

Similarly 538 had Clinton up two points and gave Trump a 35% chance to win in 2016. Hillary won the popular vote at a bit over 1% and Trump won the electoral college ie hitting his 35% chance. If you are too stupid or ignorant to understand what probabilities mean then you really shouldn't comment.

538 does not poll. They take all of the polls and adjust for actual bias and weight them based on precision. IOW if the aggregate of a pollster shows them 3 points in favor of one party over actual results they adjust the pollster to actual results. They give more weight to pollsters that are precise. IOW, They hit the same target consistently regardless of accurate.

A good example of this is Rasmussen. People note how they always bias towards GOP candidates and conclude their results should be thrown out. 538 does not. They adjust for the bias and grade them well because they have a consistent bias.

Anyhow. Their models include individual state polling and the way each state apportions their electors.

They give Biden an 86% chance to win and Trump a 13% chance.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...tion-forecast/

They have Biden up 9.2 points up in national polling

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eral/national/

Note that the standard error for polls is ~5%.
    Pretty much been following this in the"2020 Blue Wave" thread.

Welcome back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

personally I believe this is on course.

Americans have not had the experience of building over century upon century of others that came before them. The history of people who have had this experience, like in Europe, is completely dismissed By the new kid. I personally believe that the history repeats itself mantra is hugely overstated. However, understanding where a culture rests in the present has answers from the past....Americans just don’t get this.

but at least we have the opportunity not to get stuck in one judgment that is riddled with logical holes. like you thinking dark skin color indicates the inability to form any sort of advanced culture. whatever advanced actually means. africans will always be jungle people for you; they play with sticks instead of building sailing ships.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure

You didn’t even know Trump was impeached so I understand you would not get the connections for the rest of it
    I didn't say he wasn't impeached. Trump wouldn't have sailed into a 2nd term being "presidential". That's a silly narrative for the left to use as a troll tactic for the right, and the right can hold on to it for comfort. You're too re ed to follow the conversation.

says the guy who calls out fat shaming.
    you have zero consistency in your thinking
    Morbid obesity is a medical term, not the same as fat shaming.

You really do miss the mark on most of your responses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile it seems Biden’s leads are holding up at this point.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Meanwhile it seems Biden’s leads are holding up at this point.
    He’s likely banked close to half of his votes already, and a lot of them were low propensity or first time voters. It’s going to be a big advantage for him over the next 8 days to have more targeted data on voters he still needs to reach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Then you should listen to the republicans and independents voting for Biben say he's an embarrassment.

Thread Information